Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot all about Jade Cargill's alliance with the Vicious Vixens (Nyla/Vickie). Big Swole and Red Velvet are now a thing too.

Glad this week's was half an hour shorter lol

There are some interesting characters from the early PPV days pre-Dynamite people have forgotten about. Laredo Kid, Strong Hearts, Awesome Kong (who never came back after GLOW got canceled for some reason), Aja Kong (remember that feud they teased?), Shoko Nakajima, etc. Would be cool to see em again.

I know All In doesn't count, but I always think about Matt Cross beating MJF in the opener and he never got signed. Always a head scratcher that of all their friends they threw a bone, why not MDogg20???

On 4/14/2019 at 10:13 PM, Paulie Walnuts said:

Actually no, the rumor going around is they'll e announcing a tv deal pretty soon and that it'll be with Turner Broadcasting, which is TNT and/or TBS. Both mainstream channels. And they dont have to be a WWE competitor its first year as a promotion to be an actual wrestling promotion and not just a "t-shirt company". But if you think its just a t-shirt company, youre an idiot.

Lol @ how this has aged. Can never predict things such as life, airborne viruses and things of that sort. Who needs fans being told what to do, as long as the product is good. Put your own roster in the crowd and watch em' work. 

Cody is the most heel babyface ever lol Crazy that he hasn't had a heel run yet but he's said he doesn't believe faces and heels are a thing anymore.

Damn, why tease it then lol

This was a really solid episode.

Sydal vs Omega was great.

Hangman and Dark Order segments always make me happy.

Lucha Bros vs Bucks was really fun.

THEY'RE PUSHING TAY!! Solid showing too. I think there was a sequence there that got awkward with Tay trying to sell the exhaustion or whatever, but like 80% of the match was really good. Matt Hardy promo was weird though. Felt off. 

Pinnacle promo was good.

Silver vs Darby was really good. The rope spot was fun (though not as great as in PAC/Rollins).

Only downside for me really was the QT Marshall stuff. I don't care about him, and I don't care about him vs Cody. 

Next weeks card looks worse than this week too, but I'm looking forward to Christian's debut.

I hate Darby. He's a heel. He isn't likeable at all...and having Sting fight his battles for him makes matters even worse.

Last night, he was on the top turnbuckle and he dove outside onto Dark Order (who were doing nothing to him). Literally just a group of people out there supporting their friend. He was a novelty at the beginning...because we'd never seen someone take such violent and reckless bumps. Part of that still holds true. But, this whole push needs to be dropped, IMO. He's had the belt far longer than he should have, and "number of defenses" isn't the problem. Yes, it was pathetic that he only defended it three times up till now. But, the bigger problem is just that it's time for someone else to have it. AEW has done horrible things with both Darby and Cassidy. Pushed them both like they're invincible. I really don't know what it would take to make me give a shit about either again.

I'm actually pissed with how early they blew their load with Orange Cassidy. Jericho's old ass killed Cassidy's gimmick for many people. And this feud with Miro and Kip overstaying their welcome isn't doing any favors.

In a lot of ways, AEW is doing what people hate about WWE, and doing an even more offensive job of it. Like...AEW has a great roster. They have these "top guy" positions ready to be filled. But they're pushing Bucks, Cutler, Cassidy, Darby, etc...and they have all of the true top tier talents locked into stables for no good reason. Then they have Hangman, who is ranked number 2 overall and has a great W/L record, but he's booked in a way that he just feels like a forgettable midcard guy. I have no idea what they're doing over there...but it's really starting to become an issue for me. The Kenny angle, Thunder Rosa, and Eddie Kingston are some of the only things that are keeping my interest right now.

12 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I'm actually pissed with how early they blew their load with Orange Cassidy. Jericho's old ass killed Cassidy's gimmick for many people. And this feud with Miro and Kip overstaying their welcome isn't doing any favors.

Problem also very much lies with what  Orange is, theres only so many times you can see his shtick before it's loses its oompth.

He had no business feuding with Jericho to begin with. He's a comedy mid carder at best, yet they pushed him like one of their top guys, he's nowhere close. 

3 hours ago, Generations said:

I hate Darby. He's a heel. He isn't likeable at all...and having Sting fight his battles for him makes matters even worse.

Last night, he was on the top turnbuckle and he dove outside onto Dark Order (who were doing nothing to him). Literally just a group of people out there supporting their friend. He was a novelty at the beginning...because we'd never seen someone take such violent and reckless bumps. Part of that still holds true. But, this whole push needs to be dropped, IMO. He's had the belt far longer than he should have, and "number of defenses" isn't the problem. Yes, it was pathetic that he only defended it three times up till now. But, the bigger problem is just that it's time for someone else to have it. AEW has done horrible things with both Darby and Cassidy. Pushed them both like they're invincible. I really don't know what it would take to make me give a shit about either again.

You're faulting the guy who just got done getting jumped over and over by Taz's guys for being weary of another stable at ringside? Psychology, makes perfect sense given what Darby's gone through the last few months.

I honestly think you're over generalizing Darby in a huge way. The dude is technically sounds and very crisp. Yeah, he definitely pulls out risky spots more than necessary, but that shouldn't cloud up the rest of his repertoire. 

Also the dude just has that natural "cool" vibe to him. Something that makes him pretty naturally likeable to many, especially (I'm guessing) to younger/teenage fans. Dark, edgy loner vibes were definitely my jam that age. I guess it still kinda is, because he's super likable to me.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived