Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally Cody did a squash match. Finally.

So Archer is a heel again.

I can't believe this latest audio screwup. So unprofessional.

Even past the commercial break?!? Do the commentators even mention it while it was occurring?

I have never seen such a thing on TV...

They're going about the explosion all wrong. In kayfabe, you shouldn't even bring up that the fans wanted to see the ring explode with Moxley in it.

Ok. This is Russo-esque comedy. Just terrible.

Is Christian/Omega really the right direction to go for Christian's first feud? I hope that’s not where they’re going.

The mic shots that Itoh did to Shida were so incredibly weak and fake looking.

What an odd episode lol

Fenix vs Jackson was your standard high flier match. Good, but I'd be more interested in PAC vs a Buck

Mox/Eddie promo was good, at least they're trying to cover their bases. Now that we got it though, let's just move on with the feud and not speak of the sprinklers again.

Womens tag was fun, but I think the Itoh spot would've been better if she were around longer. Like, anyone who didn't watch the tournament/pre show wouldn't know wtf was happening. If she were a regular on Dynamite, maybe 2-3 months from now, that'd have been amazing. I still laughed, but I figure there's a good chunk who were scatrching their heads.

The audio issues.....man, that sucked. 

Butcher and Blade jumping off the Eddie ship now that he's face lol. I don't want them with Hardy though, TH2 fit that shtick way better.

Christian vs Omega actually sounds pretty cool. Not sure doing it so soon is a good idea though.

Darby vs Sky slapped. I've been sleeping on how good Scorpio is. JR said it, but this match had like 3 of the nicest reversals I've ever seen. That suicide cutter was nuts.

Wardlow is such money. That freaking knee *chefs kiss*. The new faction interests me, though idk about Spears in there.

Honestly, I think I would've liked the Inner Circle to split. Hager stays with Jericho, Guevara stays solo, Santana/Ortiz do their tag team thing. I'm a bit bored of the group (though tbh, it might just be my distaste of Jericho given recent events).

I think Spears is there just out of pure courtesy as he was already aligned with Tully. I haven't heard many defend his inclusion in the new 'Horsemen', seems like a wasted spot to me. 

He's just mehh, adds very little credibility to a group. It would be like sticking QT in there or something, a good hand in the ring but absolutely dull imo. 

However having just the 4 with Tully looks great. MJF as the brains, Wardlow as the muscle and FTR as the technical tag team. 

Does Itoh have a kpop gimmmick or something? I don't know anything about her, just seen her on highlight videos from Revolution and this Dynamite. During her entrance and match singing, I thought she would he annoying and cringe like Jillian Hall but I may be able to tolerate her. The gimmick is not necessarily good but she's cute, funny and seems to be making it work but then again I've only seen seconds of her 

9 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Does Itoh have a kpop gimmmick or something? I don't know anything about her, just seen her on highlight videos from Revolution and this Dynamite. During her entrance and match singing, I thought she would he annoying and cringe like Jillian Hall but I may be able to tolerate her. The gimmick is not necessarily good but she's cute, funny and seems to be making it work but then again I've only seen seconds of her 

I think the idea is that she was IRL fired from a pop group for not being popular as the rest of the girls, then transitioned to wrestling with her character being if she had a mental breakdown after the firing, obsessed with being "the cutest" or whatever to prove how wrong the group was.

It's a fun character, but they didn't introduce it at all so I'm not surprised people are confused by what she's supposed to be.

14 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Does Itoh have a kpop gimmmick or something? I don't know anything about her

In Japan, she is what is known as an "idol".

Basically, young girls who want to be famous (including but not limited to pop stars) will go through agencies to become stars.

She did this, but was deemed unpopular in her agency...so she became a pro wrestler to stand out. Needless to say...she has. 

Eddie Kingston and Moxley's promo was good

Rey Fenix is amazing and always so impressive!

Penta practicing a bit of english and not saying Ciedo Miedo a bunch of times is nice. I don't need a translator for spanish but I'm sure some people appreciated him using that spanish commentator to talk to Cody.

I hope Sting starts to actually manage Darby Allin or do something than just appear once a week to be interviewed in the ring by Tony Schiavone 

Why would Chuck Taylor offer to be Miro's "butler" again and especially "forever" if he loses a match without asking for anything back? Instead, being confident he and Cassidy will put Miro and Sabien's heads through arcade machines.

Don Callis is great! Christian vs Kenny Omega for the world title should be good but not sure about it happening this soon. Christian hadn't wrestled for years before being an entrant at the royal rumble and now goes to another company to challenge for the world title? Doesn't make the company or championship title look that good

Scorpio Sky going heel and staying solo to go after the TNT title? I like it!

54 minutes ago, Generations said:

Instead of Christian for the AEW title, they should book Christian vs Kenny for the Impact title after he wins it at Rebellion. 

Or Christian versus Nick Aldis lol

kwyzdMw.jpg

Early pandemic days. Just guys being dudes.

Speaking of long term storytelling...

ziTqTfD.jpg

AQ2ir5c.jpg

Also, that time Brodie Lee bought a bunch of lawnmowers for his TNT title celebration with his Chili's sponsorship money to poke fun at the Elite who wanted both of those things. :lol: 

I wonder where Brian and Christian got their "Cage" names from. Cage matches, Johnny Cage(Mortal Kombat), Luke Cage(Marvel) or Nicholas Cage.

Fun Fact: Nicholas Cage got his Cage stage name from Luke Cage as he's always been a comic book fan. 

Brian Cage is probaly also a comic book fan as his finisher used to be called Weapon X(an X-Men/Wolverine thing)

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived