Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

You guys think FTR are long for AEW? The constantly make fun of how they are the only tag team that believes in rules. Also seem like a afterthought already since losing the belts.

FTR are barely better off than when they were in WWE. I still can't believe AEW somehow *censored*ed up FTR/Young Bucks. It's like how is that even possible? The feud wrote itself. But no, they thought they were clever and decided to throw stupid creative curveballs to subvert our expectations.

Are you guys watching the same show I'm watching? FTR have kicked up their villainous game the last two weeks to become extremely vile characters, and it's compelling as hell.

They also constantly post about how happy they are working in AEW on twitter, not to mention they're given more creative pull than WWE. Apparently Harwood vs Jungle Boy was 100% Dax's idea and execution, and I'm sure they're having a lot of say in the character work I mentioned.

Like, yeah, FTR vs Young Bucks feud (chapter one, at least) sucked because they pushed it off too long, but the match was still a banger, and FTR have been awesome in this feud with Jurassic Express, so I have no idea where you guys are even getting the idea of FTR leaving AEW from.

Oh yeah, I'm disappointed we aren't getting those matches, but I think they've picked it up as characters since losing the belts. Even given new life into Tully, which is a shame Spears couldn't get the same out of him. But yeah, I think they've found their groove and not sure if you've seen the pic of Dax getting in tremendous shape.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK-DuevDscD/?igshid=2up9mfhteokm

His match against Jungle Boy just made that kid a future champion. They've said it on podcasts before, they don't care about the titles as much as they want to bring the division up. I think that's what they're doing and just about every tag team has had a chance to work them on TV since debuting. That was their goal all along, now it's just about keeping that momentum.

8 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

Are you guys watching the same show I'm watching? FTR have kicked up their villainous game the last two weeks to become extremely vile characters, and it's compelling as hell.

They also constantly post about how happy they are working in AEW on twitter, not to mention they're given more creative pull than WWE. Apparently Harwood vs Jungle Boy was 100% Dax's idea and execution, and I'm sure they're having a lot of say in the character work I mentioned.

Like, yeah, FTR vs Young Bucks feud (chapter one, at least) sucked because they pushed it off too long, but the match was still a banger, and FTR have been awesome in this feud with Jurassic Express, so I have no idea where you guys are even getting the idea of FTR leaving AEW from.

I never said they were or should be leaving. I said that AEW is barely any better than WWE and then started bitching about the Young Bucks feud (which I  had no problem with them pushing it off until Nov — the problem was how they got there). As for their current feud, Jungle Boy is the only guy who does anything for me from Jurassic Express. I liked the singles match but aside from that there’s nothing about that feud that is generating interest for me. In fact, in the last episode, it did the opposite. It repelled me. They kidnapped Stunt? So silly.

With all due respect, I think you're in a small minority if only Jungle does anything for you in JE. Luchasaurus is over as hell (was with live crowds anyway) and is one of my personal favorites in the company, so watching FTR interacting with him has been fun for me. Marko I think is miscast and should be a solo act, but them kidnapping him last week was cool as shit for me. It's one of those moments in wrestling where I stop and go "Woah, this is seriously *censored* up". So yeah, for me it's the top feud for AEW outside of Kenny's reign and Hangman's emotional turmoil.

Is he though? Marko stunk up that tag team as soon as they paired him with the other two. He adds nothing, I often think he actually detracts from the product. Luchasaurus has some potential, but I think he's proven how green he is in the ring over the last year. Think it's pretty obvious who the draw is in that group, clear as day to me. 

As far as FTR, I'm surprised it's not unanimous amongst everyone here how sloppily they've been handled since arriving in AEW. That doesn't mean they can't be something great down the line but they absolutely dropped the ball on them so far. 

Re: Marko - Absolutely. The guy shouldn't be part of Jurassic Express, but he's awesome to put up against guys like Archer and Brodie when they debuted. I think he's best suited for an Enzo Amore/Elias hybrid role in the lower midcard. Annoying shit-talker who can make other talents look great. Marko can be pretty fun in the ring, and the man can sing too, so use that to create his character.

My whole point is they were pretty much made into a big deal than lost the belts to the Bucks and stock fell as opposed to the Bucks who are the top team still. Like they didn't even get a rematch for the belt. 

But to me thats the tag division problem as a whole, theres the Bucks than everyone else. 

Luchasaurus is clumsy and awkward. People like him for his look and find his meme act amusing for some reason. I don't. I don't think he's as over now as he was a year ago either.

Their tag division is vastly overrated. Good for them for actually caring about tag team wrestling but the talent just isn't there and how they book them is sloppy. There's more guys in WWE (& NXT) that I much rather see FTR go against than AEW but unfortunately there's no interest in tag teams there and the creative limitations make it harder for people to get over. So neither promotions are optimal sadly.

The dude just hates women's wrestling and thinks they should still be used as a special attraction like back in the day alongside little people. He openly admits to just fast forward through every women's match unless it has Charlotte Flair or Rhea Ripley. And he especially hates Japanese talent, comparing them all to Riho all the time and sees them all as small as her, even the Japanese talent in WWE. The other week he compared Bianca Belair and Jade Cargill for obvious reasons. He always does the same with the Street Profits and Private Party as well. The guy just straight up sucks.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived