Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If WWE dropped the trademark, then they should be in the clear?

As far as BC goes, bruh, if Tama pursues anything legally he's a little bitch. Anderson was a founding member, and the Elite brought major eyes to NJPW and BC itself. Can the man get over himself? I can't remember, but was he this salty when AJ & GB formed The Club? Or when Balor & GB did Balor Club? Both were just riffs on Bullet Club...

It means they finally remembered Hikaru Shida again.

Oh shit, didn't even noticed the Japanese flag on the right. THE GOATs RIHO AND YUKA BOUT TO TURN UP. AYAYAYAYAYAYA.

That was a contender for weakest Dynamite yet to be honest.

We started strong with Dark Order and the Bucks mugging Callis, but everything else was downhill.

Cody vs Avalon went way long. I don't normally mind Cody's longer midcard matches, but Avalon was THE biggest loser in AEW. Low blow and interference or not, this should've gone three minutes max.

Sting/Darby segment wasn't too exciting. I guess they're gonna do a cinematic street fight tho, and I'm down for that. Just an underwhelming way to set it up after weeks of Sting doing the same walking out bit over and over.

I do like that Private Party is gonna run with the heel turn. The party boys getting corrupted by greed works for me.

The main event was solid, but Jeeeeez those Jericho botches gave me mini heart attacks. Dude's either gotta get in better shape or stop doing Lionsaults before he hurts himself.

It was sad seeing him step up like that lol Just gonna blame it on no momentum here but I do think he should retire it before he does get hurt on it.

Also, odd to turn Private Party now when they're about to feud with the Good Brothers for the tag titles. I like the turn but odd timing.

10 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

“A little longer than expected.” No, I expected the Cody match to be that long. ?

BTW the Snoop Dogg remix to Cody’s theme is bad. Like really, really, really bad.

It is like he added a bad neck tattoo type of decision. The prelude cuts off early, the song feels like three piece that don't fit together, and kingdom part is very low. 

I have a guess why the last part is due to someone trying to hide were the musics were spliced together.  I had done it before but thought a company would do it better.

He probably knows it is bad but don't want to insult Snoop by getting rid of it so quickly. 

7 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

It was sad seeing him step up like that lol Just gonna blame it on no momentum here but I do think he should retire it before he does get hurt on it.

Also, odd to turn Private Party now when they're about to feud with the Good Brothers for the tag titles. I like the turn but odd timing.

Man can't even jump to the second rope.

12 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Still haven’t finished yet but AEW frequently has this babyface/heel weirdness.

-There’s the Brandi stuff where she was just flip-flopping between babyface/heel.  

-Cody back in the spring where it looked like they were doing a slow heel turn because he kept playing dirty to get the edge. That went nowhere.  

-The notorious YB’s turn around the time of the FTR feud. Then a week or two before their match, they realized how dumb that was and so they did a babyface injury angle last minute.  

-Matt Hardy inexplicably going heel right after his big blowoff match with Sammy and then using the flimsy reasoning about how the fans turn their backs on him at All Out. Bullshit. This is worse than Rollins’ heel turn that certain people like Meltzer and Alvarez constantly bitch about. People were pissed at Tony Khan and AEW with the way they handled the situation, not Matt.

-The YB’s AGAIN. Their long-time, heel friends are beating down babyfaces. They come out and they have two choices. Either a) help their friends. Or b) do what’s right and help the babyfaces in despair. They help their friends and they Too Sweet. Fine. Heel turn, right? No. Next week, Omega *censored*s with them. Apparently he doesn’t want them in his group. What? You had them superkick the babyfaces the week before and now you have Omega indicating he’s not interested in them? What good is that? Are the YB staying heel? It doesn’t seem so since they’re being lined up for a match against the Good Brothers (w/ Omega). So why go that route if that was the plan? If they weren’t committed to them joining the stable, then don’t have them superkicking the faces. Because the way I see it, what they’ve accomplished is that no sensible babyface should trust these guys.

This is one of the reasons why I roll my eyes when people say AEW’s storytelling is so good. They lack sense on to handle babyfaces and heels. And this isn’t due to the post-heel/babyface, everything’s grey nonsense. They still have clear babyfaces and heels. The problem is poor, strange timing of turns and illogical motivation/reasoning behind the turn. This not good storytelling to me. It’s confused and muddled storytelling.

I thought it was a terrible show last night. 

Also, I have this theory that any time Jericho is booked in the main event, the entire show seems to be pretty bad. Obviously that sounds absurd...but, I feel like it's happened at least a few times now. Like...maybe they intentionally book lame shit so that the Jericho match looks better by comparison? I don't know. I know it's stupid to think that way. But...I swear. 

And the Young Bucks are awful. Truly awful. They are always doing the most heel shit and trying to be babyfaces. Like...Don Callis is supposed to be the shit heel here...but they beat him up for literally no reason. It doesn't make sense, and the stock of YB is at an all-time low. They just aren't entertaining in the ring or outside of it. Everything from their moveset to their promo abilities have grown weathered over time. They don't seem to know how to grow or adapt. You can't keep doing the same shit indefinitely.

There's a chance that the Young Bucks actually didn't beat up Callis and that Callis just faked being beaten up (since the lenses were covered) so he can get Omega to alienate them even more. I didn't read it like that when I saw it but when Meltzer brought that up on his show, it made me rethink that part. I guess we'll see what happens.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived