Guest Fight Me.

Is JR wrong though? It always looks like sh**.

If anything these guys need to be criticised more often  for the amateur stuff they do. Too many there seem to love the smell of their own farts. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this situation I’m 100% fully behind JR here. The guy and many others have talked to these people privately and all they’ve done is smugly tossed their advice out the window simply because they truly believe their shit is superior. So now it’s reached the point for me where I fully embrace JR burying these self-important people publicly.

They could make the spot look better, like don't start brawling and stretch out the dive, just do the dive. The whole playing up the dive before it happens makes the brawl look dumb. Like noone notices this guy in the ring stomping to wake up the crowd?

AEW needs to drop JR, hes legit just there to collect a paycheck and him not giving a shit about wrestlers names, not paying attention during ad reads and just messing up and not caring  just makes the product look not good. Like if he doesn't care about the product why should i?

It’s such a well-known, obvious criticism that they should know the spot is all wrong and needs improvement. The spot itself should be self-evident to them because it makes zero sense. And yet they continue to do the spot. So to me it says they’re not here to listen and learn, so let them get blistered publicly for all I care. That goes for guys in the WWE, too. As a fan I’m tired of these blatantly choreographed spots and so when someone in the back publicly acknowledges it, it at least brings me some reassurance that they do actually know what’s wrong. JR could have been more diplomatic? Well, he was and they still weren’t listening. So now what? Let the guy get his frustrations out and be true to his feelings on his podcast.

The thing JR does better than anyone in WWE and AEW on commentary is get stories through in an authentic way. He also does an admirable job covering screwups and the dumb shit the viewer sees. So the booth has a place for him. I also disagree he doesn’t care about the product. When you listen to his commentary and his podcast, he’s quite enthusiastic about the product. When he botches, it’s not because he doesn’t care, it’s because he’s not as sharp due to age and rust. But I feel he has improved a lot in that department this past year the more reps he’s done.

What's the deal with alot of these guys man, seriously? None of them can take critism and seem to genuinely resent any veteran that offers them valid advice and critique.

Alot of this stuff these guys do is complete amateur and should be buried so that they don't do it again. Yet they just dig their heels in and continue to goof off with with the comedy spots and over the top videogame wrestling on national TV. 

I know it'll be the likes of the Young Bucks and the rest of their little stooges that likely got their knickers in a twist for JR rightfully sh*tying on alot of their; to quote Cornette 'indy mudshow' matches. 

Before Dynamite starts and this gets overshadowed, can someone tell me why Brian Pillman Jr. seems to be universally hated on Twitter and even the wrestlers love stiffing the shit outta him? I don't really follow him like that lmao

Page is like Aleister Black, he shouldn't be wearing long tights.

Cody and Brandi did a shitty job at decorating their Christmas tree. I mean look at those lights...

So what's going to happen with the Jade/Brandi feud now?

Cody does these kind of matches way too much. Not every match with a lower-card guy should be a challenge for him.

Every Sting appearance has been virtually the same so far. Yes, we know he sees something in Darby and he likes Cody. What are we trying to accomplish here that we haven't accomplished in his first appearance?

22 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Cody and Brandi did a shitty job at decorating their Christmas tree. I mean look at those lights...

So what's going to happen with the Jade/Brandi feud now?

Cody does these kind of matches way too much. Not every match with a lower-card guy should be a challenge for him.

Every Sting appearance has been virtually the same so far. Yes, we know he sees something in Darby and he likes Cody. What are we trying to accomplish here that we haven't accomplished in his first appearance?

Sting is the definition of a slow build. Not throwing everything all at once. I like it especially as a change a pace for AEW who sometimes rushes into things

Hangman and Dark Order is freaking money. Their BTE stuff, this tag match, I'm loving all of it. Eventual Brodie vs Page battle of the lariats is gonna be great too.

MJF casually stealing the spotlight from Jericho in the promo was cool. I'm liking seeing them evolve.

I enjoy the love that TH2 have been getting the last few weeks. And I actually dug the way the Cody vs Angelico match was structured. Angelico's style is so different to everyone in the company, and they told a fun story of Cody genuinely not knowing how to deal with it for a moment, before figuring something out.

Poor Cutler getting cut with Wardlow. But I guess that protects the streak lol. Top Flight looked great in that match, but overall it was kinda messy.
Side note - I can't take Griff Garrison very seriously after the "WHO THE F IS GRIFF GARRISON?!" bits, plus the amount of times he's just blatantly gotten curb stomped on Dynamite. If they're gonna actually feature him more, dude's gotta change up his look or something, cuz he looks like a weenie hut junior version of Jungle Boy.

Look, it makes no sense, but I desperately hope Luchasaurus dresses up as Santa Claus next week. It's stupid, but I would find that hilarious.

Nice seeing Diamante and Ivelisse again. I maintain these two should go after Shida sooner than later.

Acclaimed's pre-match on SCU was alright, but I really dug their promo on the Bucks. Too soon for a title match though. Anyone not watching Dark barely knows them (I'm guilty of that). They'd be a better feud for Best Friends right now if they weren't still stuck on Miro and Sabin.

Kenny vs Janela was booked the right way. No DQ as a way for Kenny to humiliate Joey in his specialty. The offense Joey got in actually made sense. It was either catching Kenny off guard to start or taking advantage of the moment Kenny got too arrogant. And Kenny vs Fenix? YES PLEASE!

Also the teases for Archer vs PAC have me hyped. After they're done with Kingston (which tbh, I see them imploding and letting Eddie limp away with his life), I really can't wait to see them maul one another

On 12/16/2020 at 9:15 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

The funny thing is I feel the exact opposite. I feel the tights make him look like a bigger star than the trunks did.

I do agree that Sting should do *something* different if he's gonna be showing up regularly. Hell, take a week break, I don't mind.

Damn, I thought SCU were gonna break up on the *censored*ing Waiting Room lol But it looks like they're going for one last title run or they will break up then.

Also, Britt got *censored*ing Sting for next week?!

If Serpentico is David Arquette, then Fuego can be Joaquin Wilde in a mask lol

First Dark Order tryna recruit Dustin, now Lee Johnson. Would love to see them slowly take members away from the Nightmare Family lol

Damn, it makes me sad I don't think Sydal has even attempted the Shooting Star Press once since the botch. He's been winning with either a grounded Cobra Clutch or now a Paige Turner lol

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived