Guest Fight Me.

Well there's no surprise there, Meltzer & Alvarez are constantly giving AEW a wristy. It's embarrassing how biased they are, considering some of the absolute guff AEW has served up since its inception. Its does my nut in seeing them heap praise on wrestlers and angles that if in WWE would be torn to shreds. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impact needs to pick up their production. They still do the empty arena thing, they don't even use their own roster as a crowd. Get Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne off commentary, or at least put Josh with Matt Striker (who's stuck on Xplosion for some reason). If not, I think it's best if they shoot something with Kenny backstage or off location like in that house they used on Dynamite a few weeks back.

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

As someone who’s watched more AEW than WWE in the past few months, it’s just funny how everyone gives AEW a pass on a shit ton of things but if WWE did it, oh boy. Meltzer & Alvarez got mad the other day just because KO mentioned a old character from the past in Teddy Long. Literally ranted for 5 minutes saying this is why NXT’s demo is so old. They’re always talking about the past and how they need to create new stars. Meanwhile. 60+ year old Sting debuts on the new promotion and not a peep. :lol:

This is what bothers me about AEW alot. When i watch it i see them do things that WWE, WCW, and TNA have all done but they get a pass on it alot for some reason. 

Also its kinda wild that they just started a interpromotion thing and all people on twitter are talking about is Sting.

Also also that KO segment was fantastic. 

I feel like I can't comment cause I think I give all of wrestling a pass and will watch anything lmao

All I know is, I need Young Bucks vs. Motor City Machine Guns again and all the other dream matches.

I'm sure the IWC are going wild online with very mixed reactions about Sting in AEW but I don't feel like reading into it. All I know is it was crazy to see Sting come out to a ring on a wrestling show on TNT live in 2020 with Tony Schiavone commentating and yelling out STING!

Don't know where it'll go with him next besides being someone's manager or something. Not wrestling at all or at least not full time but still could be cool to see him be an on air TV character. Plus..I'm assuming he'll be in the AEW video game!

I've been trying to keep up with AEW but half the time, Cornette's reviews are more entertaining. I think they have a few guys with some talent but as far as being that alternative to WWE that I wanted, it's just not hitting the mark. I've been watching everything out of habit, but I can't help but feel like my passion for watching is slipping. Can't remember the last time I've watched any show from any company without fast forwarding through most of it.

That said, I can go back and watch any show or PPV from 10 years ago all the way back to the early 90s and watch the whole thing and just enjoy it.

If you're not enjoying any of the shows, sounds like your nostalgia for wrestling is much stronger than your actual fandom. Nothing wrong with that, it's something I've been coming to terms with myself. AEW is different enough that it has kept my interest in a fairly nice way, but otherwise I just follow results out of habit.

5 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

If you're not enjoying any of the shows, sounds like your nostalgia for wrestling is much stronger than your actual fandom. Nothing wrong with that, it's something I've been coming to terms with myself. AEW is different enough that it has kept my interest in a fairly nice way, but otherwise I just follow results out of habit.

I would definitely agree. There are some good things here and there that I love but overall I guess I just don't like where most of them have been heading. Sad to be honest. I long for the old days where you get done watching a show and you're already ready for next week. Now it's more insulting to me. Maybe my ass is getting too old, lol. I was always a huge attitude era and ruthless aggression fan but now I'd even settle for early and mid 90s wrestling. 

AEW just hasn't been able to interest me. I watch waiting for them to get their shit together and it's taking longer than I would like. Hopefully one day.

Just wanna mention it's FREE on Twitch. Tonight at 8pm ET.

Everyone who doesn't use Twitch seems to be under the impression that you need to be subbed to watch content, that is very false. Subscribing is just more so to support the channel and to unlock emotes. In rare occasions, I've seen some pages maybe require you be a subscriber so you can use the comment section but that's more if the channel is very popular like Paige's channel.

They're still doing Dark it looks like??? That's so weird to me cause the show is usually 2-3 hrs long nowadays so it might go head-to-head with Impact's first hour at least. Very odd since they're trying to help them...

The Waiting Room is pretty good. Can't wait til it finally debuts on Dynamite and Cornette hates it.

Marko can sing. Damn.

"Pretty" Peter Avalon is one of tbe best characters in AEW now since he broke his losing streak lol PPA ALL DAY.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived