Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Why can’t Matt figure out who the *Censored* he is? Stop that multiverse Matt gimmick. It’s stupid.

Another thing I dislike about Miro right now: his shorts; they’re too long and loose.

On BTE, Matt is doing his heel "ICONIC" Matt Hardy character. I hope it transitions to TV and sticks with it, cause I think it could generate some decent heat.

Sting moment was awesome and has some sort of connection with everyone that was in the ring. Obv Darby is the only one he hasn’t dealt with directly but the face paint, the watching the show from above, the “mysterious” thing. Good work AEW and I have faith that Sting will actually elevate who ever he is put with

Top to bottom, I’ve seen better Dynamite shows. The main event was good, not great. Happy Omega won though. This TNA working relationship caught me off guard though. 

Sting debuting. I’m cool with it as long as they don’t wrestle. They really gotta chill with bringing in old guys though, but he’s a legend and it’ll bring them ratings. Can’t blame them. Like I said, I just hope he doesn’t wrestle. 

3 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Top to bottom, I’ve seen better Dynamite shows. The main event was good, not great. Happy Omega won though. This TNA working relationship caught me off guard though. 

Sting debuting. I’m cool with it as long as they don’t wrestle. They really gotta chill with bringing in old guys though, but he’s a legend and it’ll bring them ratings. Can’t blame them. Like I said, I just hope he doesn’t wrestle. 

Don't understand whats not clicking with Mox in AEW, his match with Kingston was a total letdown too. None of his AEW matches have really been good.

Match was alright, I think I was mostly hyped to see Omega bust out the classics we haven't seen in a while lol

My only complaint really is that it just took a *censored*ing microphone to get the job done. Could've used a better weapon, maybe they thought brass knuckles would be too similar to Shawn Spears' glove thing...I don't know. But the fury of V-Triggers after made up for it.

2 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Don't understand whats not clicking with Mox in AEW, his match with Kingston was a total letdown too. None of his AEW matches have really been good.

That’s why I’m glad they took the belt off him. He’s definitely a better worker and allowed to do more than in WWE, but his matches as a whole are kinda just “meh” to me. I remember he hyped up the Hager match and I thought it was boring as hell. 

I do remember enjoying the Janela and Brody matches though. MJF too. 

I wish I wasn't so aware of all that news about Sting's merch getting pulled and then getting released cause I've been anticipating this since Full Gear lol But it was still a very cool, surreal moment. My brother didn't know so I guess it was cooler seeing his reaction lol

1 hour ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Too much interference and distractions on this episode. Way too much.

Wow, I said this without knowing how the main event turned out. These people need to communicate better. They had way too many people getting involved tonight. Yeah, it’s (stupidly) commonplace in AEW but if the main event was going end in this manner, then how about you spotlight the angle by having it the only match to contain interference for the night. Is this not common sense? Didn’t Jericho just bring this up — the whole sameness thing?

And boy this reaction to Sting online. So many people are nostalgic-tripping over this. I like Sting, but damn... people are acting like this is more monumental than it really is.

Ngl Sting's debut is my most replayed moment of the night. But yeah, I'm just curious why the hell they signed him on for to a MULTI-YEAR deal? Can he still go? Did he go to see Edge's miracle doctors? What's up? And can Tyson Kidd be next? Heal him too.

Good matches here in the comments.

LET'S GO.

Weird episode all around.

Battle Royal was ok. Inner Circle just chilling in the corner was dumb. Like, I get why THEY did it, but seriously no one bother to check em? Like, Miro when he was on a roll just ignored them. Kinda silly. Was actually kinda hyped at the idea of MJF vs Wardlow, so that tease worked.

Leyla Hirsh looked damn good in that match. Smooth work. Hope she signs.

Tag match was fine. Sting's arrival was so bizarre. While I didn't care for his WWE return, something here made it feel....bigger. Maybe because people haven't been annoyingly pleading for his appearance, or maybe because AEW handles legends a million times better than WWE, but I'm actually interested in what comes of this.

Young Bucks current character is so weird. Like, Nick literally had to say a line that essentially meant "Hey remember we're still heels?" I'm down for Piece of Shit Bucks, but the way they're portrayed is so weird. Definitely excited for them vs TH2, hopefully my neon flippy boys pull an upset.

Main event was fine. Nothing groundbreaking, and I feel both could have done better. BUT the post match elevated the hell out of the situation. I went from "It's ending with interference? Lame." to "HOLY SHIT KENNY SOLD OUT AEW TO IMPACT?!" Guess I'm gonna watch Impact next week.

Never been the biggest Sting fan but I gotta say I really enjoyed that debut, felt a bigger deal than it should of. Be nice to see what he does going forward, hope he's able to end his career on better terms considering how is WWE run went. 

Wasn't a massive fan of the Moxley Omega match, shame about the botched finish. However again, be interesting to see what they do going forward with Impact. 

Quick note, christ how far has the Inner Circle and Jericho fallen withing the last year. Absolute joke of a faction. 

12 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Idk why but when i saw the video of Sting i just thought Glacier. 

Hilarious. I’m currently in July 1996 of my WCW watch, been getting 2 Glacier pre debut vignettes every Nitro. 

11 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

And boy this reaction to Sting online. So many people are nostalgic-tripping over this. I like Sting, but damn... people are acting like this is more monumental than it really is.

As someone who’s watched more AEW than WWE in the past few months, it’s just funny how everyone gives AEW a pass on a shit ton of things but if WWE did it, oh boy. Meltzer & Alvarez got mad the other day just because KO mentioned a old character from the past in Teddy Long. Literally ranted for 5 minutes saying this is why NXT’s demo is so old. They’re always talking about the past and how they need to create new stars. Meanwhile. 60+ year old Sting debuts on the new promotion and not a peep. :lol:

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived