Guest Fight Me.

26 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Does anyone here actually like Miro’s creative so far?

Nope gamer friend isn't a great gimmick for him. But he does really play games with Kip and the rest of the roster. There is a recent stream up of those two, Evil Uno, Cutter, Excalibur, Golden Boy, Leva, Nyla, and Colt playing Among Us. Probably should have come in as a face since they already have three monster heels.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Miro, I actually dig it. Not the exact position he's in with Kip or the emphasis on twitch gaming, but I liked DudeBro Rusev a hell of a lot more than "angry foreign heel" Rusev in WWE, so I'm glad he's just Dudebro Miro. That said, I would loooooove once he and Kip split if they bring in English as his manager. Those two had chemistry for dayssss.

32 minutes ago, EJ! said:

Regret to admit I have not been keeping up with this company aside from things I see on Twitter. Can somebody explain what happened to Dark? Why are the match cards so incredibly long?

Yeah, Dark started to go over an hour around the time the pandemic started. I think they just wanna give everyone something to do and not just have them come to work to sit at catering I guess. There have been times the show has even gone 2 hrs long. It also helps their records (I think Shawn Spears has one of the best in the whole company right now) and a lot of the kids doing the jobs are QT's students so it is good practice for them. Some have even gotten their big breaks from Dark like Will Hobbs recently.

I think I read somewhere when the pandemic started that TK said you don't have to come into work if you don't want to, but if you want work then you're going to get it. So yeah lol

Rewatching for the hell of it. Is it weird to think Tony is putting on a voice here to sound like he did in WCW? Lmao 

I miss crowds.

I miss PAC. ???

I think Nyla should've been the first champ looking back but I miss Riho too lol

Minus the tag division stuff between TH2's awkward interaction with Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes and the SCU/Lucha Bros brawl, I felt like this was the perfect show lol

5 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

OH MY GOD! THE ALPHA MALE!!!! That's it, put the damn title on Archer tonight!

Monty has still got it on the mic! I've been wanting his return since he left but doubt it'll ever happen

I would have marked out and popped hard if the promo was announcing his return to wrestling by signing with AEW

Just watched it. Show was solid.

Tag titles were fun. 

Miro and Sabin match was whatever. 

Cody vs Cassidy was really good, finish was great. I really do hope Cody doesn't hold it too long though, I'm salty he even got it back from Brodie. Darby next plz.

MJF and Jericho promo was gold.

Womens match was iffy. Definitely some noticeable botches in the more complicated sequences. Kinda ready for Shida to drop the belt, probably to Britt Baker? 

Main event was good shit. Eddie being on commentary kinda gave away Mox would be retaining though.

Thats one thing AEW needs to work on alot. Other then Cody getting dominated by Brodie Lee all title match results are extremely predictable.  Kingstons promo at the end of the show ruled, sounded like real pain in his voice when he was talking about Mox getting the money and the wife and the happy life. 

Im so happy for Eddie. He went from almost retiring to finding  new life in England, to calling out everyone what two months ago and now being a top player in a actual national company. 

Some random thoughts after watching Dynamite:

The video game shit with Miro is so incredibly lame. 

FTR match was too long and overstayed its welcome.

MJF and Jericho segment got a little too sports entertainment at points. I liked the gag with the jackets but the stuff like the steak dinner was a bit iffy for me.

Swole is too green to be on national television. Shida is overrated and can’t carry talent. And whoever is producing their matches (Omega?) needs to simplify the formula.

4 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Some random thoughts after watching Dynamite:

The video game shit with Miro is so incredibly lame. 

FTR match was too long and overstayed its welcome.

MJF and Jericho segment got a little too sports entertainment at points. I liked the gag with the jackets but the stuff like the steak dinner was a bit iffy for me.

Swole is too green to be on national television. Shida is overrated and can’t carry talent. And whoever is producing their matches (Omega?) needs to simplify the formula.

Some people just aren't ready and some may never be ready.  Both Serena Deeb and Shida couldn't get anything decent out of her. And Swole has had what some considered  the two worst matches in AEW history in the tooth and nail match and the handicap match with Reba/Ford.

Shida is one of the best they have and can carry talent to a certain extent. When people try to defend the division as not completely awful they usually bring up so and so match with Shida. Omega probably shouldn't be in charge of anything that he isn't involved in. Not even sure a formula change would help. If they go too basic they won't appear like the rest of the show and their fans will care less about them. If they try to much past what they can do it looks sloppy and/or they get injured. They either need to get them some better training if they want to keep them. Or fire half the division and rebuild it.

Shida to me is at best middling talent. She's comparable to someone like a Nikki Cross or Tegan Knox (actually, Nikki is maybe a smidge or two better). Not gonna say she's bad but she's not someone to excessively praise either which is what I see too often. When she's mentioned in the same breath as truly top tier talent like Asuka or Rhea, it's like come on... But out of that division, she's at the top which is really more of an indictment on how poorly crafted that division is. lol

If I were the guy laying out the matches, I would care more about not exposing my talent than care what some smart fan expects. If they truly want to be supportive than I would do my best at not allowing the talent I'm working with embarrass themselves. Simplifying your matches is not such a bad thing. In fact, the whole roster should probably heed that advice, not just the women's division.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived