Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tully with FTR — me likey.

FTR working as tactical heels, now that feels right. 

Opening tag match was too long. It didn’t need to be that competitive.

Did I miss something? Is this six man NO DQ? Or did they decide to use that chair for giggles?  Nvm, the ref is deaf and blind.

BTW way too many tag matches tonight. 

Damn, Ricky Starks was fantastic. Great switch in tone. You heard that bass in his voice.

Well shit, my DVR cut out... Friggin NBA.

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Tully with FTR — me likey.

FTR working as tactical heels, now that feels right. 

Opening tag match was too long. It didn’t need to be that competitive.

Did I miss something? Is this six man NO DQ? Or did they decide to use that chair for giggles?  Nvm, the ref is deaf and blind.

BTW way too many tag matches tonight. 

Damn, Ricky Starks was fantastic. Great switch in tone. You heard that bass in his voice.

Well shit, my DVR cut out... Friggin NBA.

I had mine set with a 30 minute over run and had I not watched it live it still would have went off before the final angle.

I can't believe Smart Mark Sterling from the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast also works for MJF.

Holy shit, what a main event. I got spoiled the result but I wasn't expecting this. Good stuff.

^ He’s too busy becoming a hollow, one-dimensional gimmick.

Alright, I caught up. So that was the big, shocking angle everyone is talking about? Cody lost?

Wow. 

Isn’t this the same guy who struggled with Sonny Kiss and Warhorse? The only surprise here it didn’t go long like those matches. And what about that upcoming heel turn? Is that nixed now? Him going dirty in many of his defenses to get the win was all for naught? Ditto to Brandi for being in the finals in that tournament (which btw I’m glad I never watched cause what I saw in this finals match was not good)— wasn’t the point of that to get a heel reaction from the fans? Or are they that clueless? 

This angle failed for me because the booking was careless and mucked up. If this was their plan all long, then book Cody strong. Have Cody win his matches with moderate ease and without resorting to dirty tactics. And certainly don’t have Brandi book herself in the finals of her tournament. If this was the endpoint — big upset and a super heel beatdown — then the emotions could have gotten across stronger and more impactful if they didn’t delude it with the superfluous heel teases that didn’t add up to anything.

No no, I was just speaking broadly — a  general consensus sort of thing that wasn’t directed at anyone in particular.

BTW I’ve seen people say Cody “elevated” guys like Marc Quen, Sonny Kiss, and Warhorse. How? Marq is still a prelim tag team guy. Sonny is still stuck on Dark barely wrestling. And what was done to Warhorse was the complete opposite — he actually exposed him as being an indy internet fad who isn’t good enough to work on national television.

Forgot to mention how cool this was. I'm stocked if there's a legit AEW/NWA partnership. Probably best for NWA too so AEW doesn't take all their talent away lol

Okay, I don't say much on here and I AM an AEW fan, but I gotta give this brief review coz I'm seeing some major deterioration on Dynamite and I'd like to bash some of my thoughts around with you about this past episode.

Opening tag match was great! A fine example of old school with a touch of modern spice. 

Not sure what the clusterbork of an eight man tag match was supposed to be - too much action on the floor, lots of nonsensical  spots - with the exception of Jungle Boy, I just didn't get it.

MJF = $$$ - put the title on him dammit...they won't yet...but just imagine...

Ricky Starks! Please sir, may I have some more! I said it about him watching NWA Powerrr his kid is the friggin' future...

Womens tag trophy something something zzzzzz...oh look a swerve in the winnerssszzz.

SMH @ Chris Jericho...what a fall from this great and deadly heel back to his tired comedy routine. Yes, he can pull it off like no one else, but...why? The reinvention of Chris Jericho was something to behold in NJPW and early AEW...now...Mamosa Mayhem?!?!

WTF with The Elite and the Dork Oder? Omega and The Bucks are not elite if it took them THAT long to beat those goons...and no, no one was elevated in that...only plus is that Kenny is starting to show some life with the beatdowns.

Cody got squashed? (Lance Archer says Hi)

No no no...those last two matches...someone mixed up the booking right? Cody should have had more offense than that...BUT, I do like the time and effort put in to the Dark Order here, right down to dragging QT and Dustin...I'm feeling very 1996 nWo about this direction...so there is finally hope for that. 

If AEW can stop trying to put EVERYONE over, we'll have something heading back to the promise of late last year.

...or maybe I've been listening to Jim Cornette's YT channel too much (?)

17 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Bruh you wanted to wrestle Big Show for like 10 years and never made it happen lol

I saw him talking about wrestling when they were talking during Suicide Squad. Cody suggested Jericho and Shaq said he was too small. Then Cody said Lance Archer since he was the biggest on the roster. I had the movie on my dvr for a while so don't know actually when the did it.

Jeez, Trent almost dropped this dude on his head lol

Best Friends being all serious is weird, but I do like the Piledriver into another Piledriver finisher lmao

It's always weird seeing Jessy Sorensen pop up in NXT or AEW after that nasty neck injury 10 years ago in TNA. I still remember when Dixie promised him a (office) job for life there and then fired him a year or so later I think lol

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived