Guest Fight Me.

The Tag Team Appreciation Night segment was so cold and dead. Tully did what he could to give it some life. And Ricky wasn't so bad. But man, what a dud that was, especially the Bucks who sounded so insufferably annoying. I don't get why they didn't give FTR some more mic time after their attack. The attack was so mild that they needed something to excite things up.

Cody/Sky was a total bore. I'm so sick of these close Cody matches. Sky is a guy who could believably go toe-to-toe with Cody but this redundant formula has killed my interest for Cody matches. If he had properly paced these matches out where he was increasingly having challenging matches then the storytelling here would have been more effective to me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Have you watched his vignettes from a while back?

And I'm heated they didn't play his promo from Dark. Or barely even mention it. This match felt like a big deal but only for those who followed his story I imagine. Those who don't follow Dark probably think this was a pretty random title match and probably don't even know why he isn't with SCU.

The vignettes where he talked about having a hard life? I saw them, and it was still generic stuff. Nothing super interesting and typical woe is me baby face stuff. I understand he is talented, but he is also bland.

I’m ready for Cody to be heel. Like someone said above. It’s getting boring with Cody having the same match or getting frustrated and then barely winning. If not heel, at least beat someone without a problem. It would break up the formula. It’s too obvious that he is trying to “steal the show” every time. 

I just don't get the Young Bucks. They've got almost zero charisma on the mic, all their matches are basically spotfests that make a mockery of the rules and the referee. Physically they're very unintimidating but they get booked like they're the Steiner Brothers. I just don't get it, also this storyline with FTR is the absolute pits! 

Young Bucks have been stale for me for years. The last time i enjoyed a Young Bucks match was their tag for NJPW at the Cow Palace v Ibushi and Omega. And honestly most of the match was me being in awe at hoe natural Omega and Ibushi were as a team and they looked better than the Bucks in every single way.

For me skill wise Bucks aint even in the top 5 of top teams in AEW. 

Jimmy Havoc is no surprise and, frankly, good riddance. As much as I like the performer, dude is a terrible human.

Just googled the thing, apparently Gibbs and Priestley were let go since they can't get to the USA to work shows at the moment. Really hope this doesn't mean they cut TH2 anytime soon (though they've been involved with BTE and hyping a return on there, so hopefully they'll be back soon...)

13 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

Jimmy Havoc is no surprise and, frankly, good riddance. As much as I like the performer, dude is a terrible human.

Just googled the thing, apparently Gibbs and Priestley were let go since they can't get to the USA to work shows at the moment. Really hope this doesn't mean they cut TH2 anytime soon (though they've been involved with BTE and hyping a return on there, so hopefully they'll be back soon...)

They have returned on Dark.

And Bea got some heat from the blacklisting stuff  no?

1 minute ago, Fight Me. said:

They have returned on Dark.

And Bea got some heat from the blacklisting stuff  no?

Bless, I have a reason to watch Dark now.

And I was thinking that at first, but the thing I read said it came down to travel stuff. I'll link it, idk how good of a source it is.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/08/backstage-news-on-aew-releasing-jimmy-havoc-673533/

3 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

I think TH2 were just on the last episode of Dark. I’m more worried about PAC

^ No. I don’t want the TNT title scene be tied up in Dark Order bullshit.

What a disaster that main event was. What was meant to be a star-making performance for OC turned into a sloppy mess that made him seem more of a supporting player. Boy, I wish this feud will end soon. I much rather Jericho be involved in something more interesting than some comedy feud with a one-note novelty act.

Also, do they realize they booked Stunt as a heel? I thought Omega was the one trying to get heat recently but in this tag match, it was Stunt who came off more heelish because he kept getting himself involved in a match that had really high-stakes for his team. The storytelling seems very confused to me.

Oh and wtf was that Archer promo with Jake? Good job burying your manager.

Lets be honest for how much she gets book, Bea isn't good and is reallllllly sloppy. 

I can't find it, but i saw a edit of the TNT belt where they hollowed out the TNT letters and put small jewels along the outline of the letters and it looks so stellar. The current design just feels so rushed. Also what the *Censored* is up with like the plantation mansions on the sideplates?

17 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

The main problem with Bea and Saddie wasn't their absense because of Covid-19. Shanna, Emi, Yuka, Riho and other signed talents can't do shows in the usa due to the traveling restrictions either.

The main problem with saddie and bea was that they were more commited to their stardom contracts then on their aew contracts so even before the pandemic they could barely book them for aew shows and now even worse.

Bea had to vacate her stardom tag title together with jamie due to Covid-19 last month aswell but she is still signed there.

I'd rather have them sign ivelisse, diamante, tay conti, rache channel, rachael ellering instead since they are all fully available already and pure freelancers at the moment.

This way they can fully commit to aew and hopefuly get some storylines going cause thats the main thing their womens division is greatly lacking since the beginning. 

5 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Lets be honest for how much she gets book, Bea isn't good and is reallllllly sloppy. 

I can't find it, but i saw a edit of the TNT belt where they hollowed out the TNT letters and put small jewels along the outline of the letters and it looks so stellar. The current design just feels so rushed. Also what the *Censored* is up with like the plantation mansions on the sideplates?

Ted Turner's mansion.

On 8/19/2020 at 1:14 AM, Fight Me. said:

It seems Veda Scott will stay beyond the women's tag tourney. Happy to see her do commentary on Dark.

I really hope that, she is great on commentary and can also wrestle which is good since it could make for good storylines if they take advantage of it!

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived