Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that really the best they can do with FTR? Yeesh..

Was there any followup to the Dark Order goons randomly attacking Cody? Was it ever addressed when Dark Order came out later for their tag match?

Shida has been such an unremarkable champion. I don't get why they took the belt off Nyla.

MJF is red hot tonight. Fantastic.

5 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Don't really see anyone talking about this anyway unless I search their names. But yeah, they've apologized several times and it was 2003.

I worry for Sami every time one of these videos comes out. 

2 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Well shit I thought Ariane/Cameron was done wrestling 

She was set to return to GCW during Wrestlemania weekend, she was booked for Effy's Big Gay Extravaganza. 

Goddamn they haven't half neutered the hype of FTR debuting on AEW. Should of been the hottest angle of the year. I understand slow builds and the eventual breakup of the Elite and the inevitable Young Bucks match..  but hell, its been as exciting as watching paint dry. 

Lemme get this straight:

Cardona: decent wrestler, great personality and character, ends up in AEW, a place where in-ring action is put over talents.

Myers: Great wrestler, meh personality, ends up in IMPACT, a place where character development is at the forefront. 

It feels like that should be switched. :lol:

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

AEW needs to stop with these former WWE signings. Cameron, who was never good and hasn’t wrestled for 4 years ? Why? Sign Rusev and let that be the end of that for a long time. 

Rusev just said he's done with wrestling. Hopefully just for now. ???

As much as I love AEW, why tf would they bring in Cameron/Ariane? Genuinely one of the worst in ring workers the business has ever seen. I hope it's literally just for the meme of Nyla losing early in the tournament due to an incompetent partner, then Nyla squashes her and that's that.

Bringing in Cardona is funny, since Cody was all vocal about not just signing his friends. I liked Ryder, but can't say I'm overly excited for this. Hope he proves me wrong though, and he definitely has the creativity to do so.

Also, Ricky Starks was a weird signing. He doesn't offer too much to stand out, and I feel like the niche he could fill is already being aced by Guevara and MJF. 

Re: FTR, I think their angle has been cooled down because AEW is trying to get the Elite split postponed until there's crowds again. They know that would be a massive reaction, and they're right, but it's definitely taking a toll on the actual story.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, Oresama said:

I actually would've preferred Ariane to be Nyla's manager instead of Vickie.

Nyla doesn't need any manager. She can talk. I don't get why AEW thinks she needs one. 

On 7/30/2020 at 2:21 PM, Lunchbox said:

They should have had FTR come in and not even interact with the Bucks if they want to wait for the crowd. Just run through lower level teams and when the crowds start coming back then you start to tease that match up. 

Exactly. They don't NEED to be involved in the Elite breakup story. All they had to do was put over their gimmick of being the anti-thesis of AEW tag team wrestling as they beat undercarders and midcarders, win the tag titles from Omega/Page, reign as champs, and finally lose to the Young Bucks. That's at least 5/6months worth of booking. And if they're really waiting for fans, then I got some bad news for them: it ain't happening any time soon. So don't allow that to *Censored* up your booking. But hey, it's too late now. The story is all muddied up and FTR are cooling off. I mean, they seriously had them come out with a styrofoam cooler two weeks in a row. What a joke. That's some WWE cartoon thinking right there. 

5 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

N

Nyla doesn't need any manager. She can talk. I don't get why AEW thinks she needs one. 

Exactly. They don't NEED to be involved in the Elite breakup story. All they had to do was put over their gimmick of being the anti-thesis of AEW tag team wrestling as they beat undercarders and midcarders, win the tag titles from Omega/Page, reign as champs, and finally lose to the Young Bucks. That's at least 5/6months worth of booking. And if they're really waiting for fans, then I got some bad news for them: it ain't happening any time soon. So don't allow that to *Censored* up your booking. But hey, it's too late now. The story is all muddied up and FTR are cooling off. I mean, they seriously had them come out with a styrofoam cooler two weeks in a row. What a joke. That's some WWE cartoon thinking right there. 

AEW seems too into short term booking which is weird with them coming from NJPW. Everyone new that comes in so far gets into a big feud then sorta fades off. 

12 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Myers probably went to Impact to stay close to Dreamer and possibly get his students on HoH and Impact shows when that all starts back up.

What’s weird is that I’m pretty sure Myers has recent students that worked some AEW Dark matches. Plus he does have the connection of MJF and Statlander being formers students also. I thought Myers was a lock for AEW. Impact probably is a better schedule for him regardless of the virus.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived