Guest Fight Me.

Maybe Mox won't be cleared in time for Fight for the Fallen? Don't see them just handing the title to Cage, but maybe he'll win it off a mystery opponent.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2020 at 6:48 AM, Saturi said:

I LOVED the hikaru vs penelope match! :)

Really hope they will keep up with the womens division and gives us more storylines and character development now cause the biggest critisism most people have about AEWs womens division is the lack of characters and storylines.

That's a crap complaint. At least at this point. Shida is a great champ, Nyla is such a monster and has great presence and Penelope Ford has had a great rise in recent months. Then you have a potential breakout star in Big Swole, and they have even managed to rectify Britt Bakers abysmal face run, and are handling her character during her injury well. Even Allie and Anna Jay are doing something and building character. 

The only one I can think of being left out is Riho, but isn't she stuck in Japan? Their women's division is more than fine right now. 

Good chemistry between the Butcher, the Blade & the Lucha Bros on Dark. Sick tag finisher too.

Nakazawa falling over on his own thong. :lol:

Jebailey in the front row. Remember a year ago when we thought their hardcore match would main event Fyter Fest? Lmao

Alright, I'm done giving this FTR/Young Bucks storyline a chance. It sucks. I want conflict. I want FTR being rigid asssholes who scoff at their competition for not following the rules, not this buddy-buddy bullshit. I know at some point we're going to get conflict cause that is the smart, super obvious thing to do. But to begin their arrival to AEW like this? It's so lukewarm and weak.

I completely agree, it takes the wind out of their sails.

That being said, I cant sing FTR praises highly enough. They're a much needed team in the AEW division, it does shed light on how sloppy some of the other teams are. 

To me it exemplifies their poor booking instincts. I don’t think they have a strong grasp on how to book compelling, thoughtful storylines — especially in the tag division and women’s division. To them spectacle and action is the top priority and everything else is less important. Cody and Jericho are the only two who seem to have a knack for storytelling but even some of their tendencies have become increasingly off putting (Jericho with his sport-entertainment interests as seen in his feuds with OC, Tyson, and The Elite) and Cody’s overbooking as seen in his matches. This is what people mean when they say AEW is yet another WWE clone; they share same habits and interests.

Lucha Bros & B&B seemed like a *censored*ing crew when they came down. I thought they meshed really well together. Bring back PAC and have them as a big crew, cos why not? 

He's hoss division is my favourite thing about them... all aside from Brian Cage. Who more boring than Brian Cage? 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived