Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to PW Insider, AEW women’s division star Kris Statlander is dealing with an injury following this week’s AEW Dynamite. Reports are that Statlander banged up her knee during the tag bout, where she teamed with women’s champion Hikaru Shida in a losing effort against Penelope Ford and Nyla Rose.

No word on the extent of Statlander’s injury, or how much time she’s expected to miss.

Stay tuned.

?

23 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

So Best Friends are  #1 contenders but QT Marshall and Dustin are getting a tag title shot on Wed....right.

It's probably only for storyline reasons since they are on their way to split because of Allie.

She might even cost them the match and do as if it was Brandys or Dustins fault to make QT leave them.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, Lunchbox said:

So Best Friends are  #1 contenders but QT Marshall and Dustin are getting a tag title shot on Wed....right.

It’s not really hard to follow. Best Friends get a guaranteed title shot in the future, it doesn’t actually matter who the champs are at the time. 

Now granted they put their title shot on the line against Sex Gods. Fans seem to think that AEW have to rigidly stick to the rankings, and will complain when they book things a little differently. The ranking system is as much a plot device/story structure as anything else, and can change if the story needs it. 

Im pretty sure they’ve already said that #1 contenderships are mainly used for PPVs, and special events like Fyter Fest, but that doesn’t mean others can’t have title shots on Dynamite. 

Really don’t care for the team of Dustin & QT at all. QT’s a good wrestler, but I just don’t care to see him for whatever reason. Idk if it’s look and his name? Idk. Dustin is at the best I’ve ever seen him wrestle since I’ve started watching wrestling, but I don’t really care for his matches either, even though he’s doing Canadian destroyers and shit. 

Hope we get a 4 Hoursemen stable with Cody, FTR & Spears with Arn & Tully. 

I'm with you on QT and Dustin. QT especially feels like a guy who has a job because of his friends. He's a solid wrestler, but not someone who has any main stream appeal. I had never even heard of him prior to AEW.

Dustin is like....I don't know what he could do? Tag title run with Cody eventually maybe? Like, I loved their initial feud and match, but I can't say I have any other Dustin Rhodes dream matches in AEW. Maybe if he overhauled his character a bit, as teaming with QT isn't really exciting. 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived