Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, she put up vids looking to be repackaged but they haven't redebuted her yet. Her new name would be "Amazing Grace."

Her last match was back in November when Bunny was still Allie and Mercedes Martinez was still working some Dark matches for them before signing with NXT lol

Having no crowd has given these guys the excuse of being able to put Shawn Spears in a main event spot (2 weeks in a row) without a shitty reaction. However, I will say that he had a great outing this week. Fun main event, him and Cody have good chemistry. 

Just noticed he went back to trunks lol Probably did a couple Dark appearances ago not that I think about it.

Spears is a good hand though. :hqhq: I'm curious if this tag team partner search will ever pay off with somebody amazing though. Can't really think of anyone to pair him with.

1 hour ago, Fight Me. said:

Just noticed he went back to trunks lol Probably did a couple Dark appearances ago not that I think about it.

Spears is a good hand though. :hqhq: I'm curious if this tag team partner search will ever pay off with somebody amazing though. Can't really think of anyone to pair him with.

If they pulled someone from WWE then Breeze would make the most sense because they are close friends and have a wrestling school together. If just based on AEW current roster probably would have to be Cody since both of their current mentors were a legendary tag team together.

So, this week was AEW's least successful show, tbh...(in terms of delivering).

Of course, they get all the slack in the world for continuing to do their thing. But...definitely some big holes in the product this week. Instead of hanging on every match and every segment, I found myself paying very loose attention while doing other things. And they had a number of video packages and various filler that made things feel drawn out. Again...can't fault them for anything. Just...taking note that it didn't live up to past shows...not even the previous weeks where they were working under the same conditions. 

11 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

They need to stop Brodie mocking McMahon, its not good and its coming off as extremely petty and TNAish. Brodie is sooooo much more talented then another shitty gimmick. Its so simple have him go out there and kill guys.

Agreed. It's such a lame gimmick. He comes off as a joke. His gear sucks, too.

Cody claims the exalted one isn't suppose to be a spoof of Vince McMahon. I mostly believe that too because besides  sneezing thing which may have been a McMahon thing. The rest is a mix between cult leader and BDSM stuff.

I agree with the gear sucks part though.

59 minutes ago, X-zero said:

Cody claims the exalted one isn't suppose to be a spoof of Vince McMahon. I mostly believe that too because besides  sneezing thing which may have been a McMahon thing. The rest is a mix between cult leader and BDSM stuff.

I agree with the gear sucks part though.

Spoof or not, the gimmick is a low-effort caricature of an eccentric wealthy-person that is played for laughs. It comes across as Brodie Lee playing a cartoon character rather than Brodie Lee being an actual demented person. That's the story of the Dark Order. None of it is done in a believable way that has true weight to it. Cults are scary real but this shit isn't because there's no depth and it's presented as hokey like WWE or a WWE knockoff would do.  It's a shame Lee has been dragged into it (albeit probably willingly) and has been saddled with a gimmick that requires certain advanced performance skills which he has yet to show.

He's pulling inspiration from wacky shit that Vince has said/done...but, yeah...he's not doing a caricature of Vince or anything like that. It's funny that Vince is allegedly upset about it, because, it shows that he acknowledges this behavior in himself. But...yeah. It's just a gimmick, like any other. 

Yeah, he goes live on Saturday nights these days. Almost wanna go back and check out the last two to see if he had some bubbly during those also. I caught the end of this one, just him drunkenly reading comments and blowing kisses at people. Oddly wholesome lol

I watched him sing 'Judas' by himself, and Bon Jovi's 'Living on a Prayer' with Kevin Smith. He went WAY too high and shrill on both. Just absolutely wasted, shrieking at the top of his lungs. And when he was singing with Kevin Smith, Kevin had a terrible internet connection...so he was lagging...and, you were just watching Smith singing really expressively, but always a few lines behind where Jericho was. And then Jericho screaming, while drinking straight vodka out of a glass and turning redder by the second. I laughed a lot. ?

Watching Dark. I guess they can't get away with Billy Gunn anymore...he came out as just Billy and they keep referring to him as "Billy w/ Austin Gunn" or "Billy of the Gunn Club." :lol:

Or he just misses his Billy & Chuck days. :hqhq:

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived