Guest Fight Me.

3 minutes ago, Generations said:

How do you figure that they "laid the blueprints"?

SD had one match by my recollection (Rey vs Andrade)...and the rest was interviews and recycled footage. If anything, AEW laid the blueprints with Dynamite, showing the full potential of what can still be done. 

That was Raw. SD had Boss n Hug vs. Alexa/Nikki, Bryan vs. Cesaro and Hardy vs. Corbin. A bit better but it seems obvious WWE just hates the empty arena atmosphere.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

By still going on with the show. AEW didn't make a move till WWE did. 

Their show was literally booked later in the week. It's not like they had the option to act before WWE...and I'm sure that what WWE did had no bearing on AEW whatsoever.

It probably was gonna be the same show no matter what.

17 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Lmaooooooooo he forgot about probably his most successful stable mate.

Debatable. Most over at one point, but most successful? Meh. I'd argue Bray is more successful. 

Thought: I wonder if this virus situation is going to keep people from finishing their contracts. Like...it shouldn't, right? It's no fault of their own. They're still employed. They're still ready to go. Or...do they literally need to do a certain number of shows? How is this going to work, if people who were looking to leave their WWE contracts and go to AEW are forced to sit out for months...and then told "yeah, you need to make up that time"? I really hope it doesn't work like that.

Message From AEW President & CEO Tony Khan

Our goal every week with AEW Dynamite on TNT is to produce great shows for our fans, and I believe we do. We felt especially motivated to serve our audience this past Wednesday night given what the entire world is coping with, and hopefully we gave them a well-deserved escape during these trying times. 

Everyone at AEW is very proud of what we delivered and humbled by the response and the kind words we’ve received from fans and partners throughout the world. Thank you!

We plan to continue answering that calling with live weekly shows every Wednesday night on TNT, but the time and circumstances aren’t right for the card we had planned next week for Blood and Guts. 

That show will happen when the time is right, but what you can count on instead this coming Wednesday night is a great live episode of AEW Dynamite featuring Chris Jericho confronting Matt Hardy, face-to-face, one-on-one, for the first time ever and a tremendous night of wrestling action.

In the meantime, until AEW Dynamite this Wednesday night, please follow us via social media and please be safe and smart so we can get back to seeing you all on the road as soon as possible. Thank you for making this all possible for everyone here at AEW, it’s a dream come true to be able to do these shows for all of you.

https://lordsofpain.net/aew-postponed-blood-guts-dynamite-episode-tony-khan-issues-statement/

They should just cancel the Blood and Guts match until the Newark show in July or whenever it actually ends up happening.

It was never a "must-happen" storyline blowoff or anything, anyway. It was literally a special attraction just because the Newark show was going to be a big deal. Focus on giving us regular programming for the time being, and put that on hold indefinitely. We can get it makes sense to get it.

7 hours ago, Generations said:

They should just cancel the Blood and Guts match until the Newark show in July or whenever it actually ends up happening.

It was never a "must-happen" storyline blowoff or anything, anyway. It was literally a special attraction just because the Newark show was going to be a big deal. Focus on giving us regular programming for the time being, and put that on hold indefinitely. We can get it makes sense to get it.

Isn't that what they've done..? 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived