Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Marty Scurll signed a new deal with RoH.... I'm pretty bummed, I thought he was a lock to jump over.

His new deal apparently will let him continue working with NWA Powerrr and maybe work with AEW.

Regardless of what this secondary show is...AEW needs to start signing some actual "top" talents soon. If they do indeed have Brian Cage coming in...that is a start. I'm not huge on the guy, but it's a start. They do need considerably more, though. And I also think it's about high time for Jericho to lose the belt. It's quarter-past time for all of the belts to change hands, tbh.

They are doing fine building up their talent.

Debatable. Highly debatable.

I think several people came into AEW looking hot and have cooled down considerably. Hangman Page and Kenny Omega among them. Even Cody. Looked better before AEW. Some people have been built up nicely. Darby Allin has certainly become a recognizable name. Same with Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. But...what have they really done for most of the other people on the roster? Awesome Kong should be a top name. She's really not. She's a bodyguard. Women's division in general is...eh. Tag division is fine...but seems to be stuck in a loop. There's only so many times that you can hear "Cero Miedo!", have a superkick party, R-Truth rap to the ring with SCU, or have a bunch of Dark Order jobbers do the same shit every week...let's be honest.

How's Billy Gunn getting away with using his WWE name? I don't know why I didn't question it when he was in Japan too. Maybe it's just weird that he didn't use the name in TNA. Idk lol

Sorry, just finishing up AEW Dark now lmao

Think someone said he owns the name.

They are doing fine building up their talent.

Debatable. Highly debatable.

I think several people came into AEW looking hot and have cooled down considerably. Hangman Page and Kenny Omega among them. Even Cody. Looked better before AEW. Some people have been built up nicely. Darby Allin has certainly become a recognizable name. Same with Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. But...what have they really done for most of the other people on the roster? Awesome Kong should be a top name. She's really not. She's a bodyguard. Women's division in general is...eh. Tag division is fine...but seems to be stuck in a loop. There's only so many times that you can hear "Cero Miedo!", have a superkick party, R-Truth rap to the ring with SCU, or have a bunch of Dark Order jobbers do the same shit every week...let's be honest.

Orange Cassidy, MJF, Kris Stat on a lower scale.

Need to be active in this thread more.

Just want to say I hate Brandi Rhodes presence on TV and always have. Her heel work just reminds me of Stephanie McMahon.

Bold is true...and it has to be intentional, because it's such a cookie-cutter resemblance. Same can be said for Cody and HHH as well...which is one of the reasons why I always say that AEW is too close to a WWE-lite product rather than being it's own thing. It feels like a lot of the stuff they do just goes out of the way in such an intentional manner that it can't be mere coincidence. They intentionally do a lot of WWE-style stuff, and they should stop.

why are we having a Bash at the Beach in the middle of January? :lol:

edit: nevermind... Miami...

Yeah..wish I was there. Legitimately cant wait for how the place will look man, this has gotta be the most Ive looked forward to one of their shows.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived