Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres my thoughts, and no, Im not trying to be edgy.

The opening match went long (and you can tell, because Jericho was obviously supposed to have a promo but had to improvise due to the commercial, yo can even hear the ref say something to him about being on commercial) and it destroyed the credibility of cutters as a finish in AEW. Sammy G should have lost earlier in the match. Then the post handshake doesnt make sense later on either because Sammy came in as a heel and leaves as a heel. But it was confusing because both men did heel schticks during the match?

SCU whitehouse vignette was funny, but The Lucha Bros promo was awkward, and the pace just felt off

The Jay and Silent bob promo was weird, and didnt get anyone over.

The pyro seemed really cheap and lack luster, didnt have any power behind it and seemed pretty much the same for the folks who had pyro.

(except Jerichos, that was cool.)

MJF is a star, but he has to quit using that shitty armbar, its nonsense, and in a world where MMA is common, even someone with no understanding of fighting can tell you that is phony.

The pac match was good, but again I felt like they did too much. You dont have to kick out of 9002 finishers to have a good match.

For the love of god will they please TURN THE *censored*ING SOUND UP?!?

The womens title match was just unbelievable, and not in the oh they had an unbelievable match I mean unbelievable in that riho throws forearms that are weaker than hell, and she looked like a child, and the whole match was a mess... I didnt understand the logic of the weapons here, and idk I just didnt vibe with this.

The main event was weird; it turned into a big cluster*censored* and when Moxley attacked that should have been a DQ? But it wasnt and now Im confused on the rules that AEW is trying to set in place.

And I am excited about jack swagger! Thats really cool. He was mad over too!

I am agreeing with AB on this, though to be honest, Schivonte should have been in the WWE to add more credibility to it instead of the shitty commentators they have. Also I have never been impressed with All Elite outside of NJPW and thats who they faced there. Outside of that, they are all lacking something.

Some of the best that AEW has to offer weren't featured tonight at all...I'm talking Boy and his Dinosaur, Lucha Brothers, Dustin, etc. I know that Lucha Bros and Dustin did appear and did have a role (to a degree)...but, on your debut show where you are trying to bring "wrestling fans" back to wrestling...this show was kinda booked like a disaster, if I'm being honest.

Brandon Cutler shouldn't have had a match at all on this show...maybe the second, but not the first...and the same can probably be said for the women's title match. The first televised show should have been the best that they had to offer...even if it meant some people not being used yet.

Can't say that it really sold me on the tv show. (I only have seen a few clips of past AEW stuff so this is basically my first full show i've seen from them)

A couple of matches that devolved into finisher-level move spamming, then the women's title match was a strange strange choice. Rose's size and beefiness made all of the veryyy small Riho's offense seem like nothing, and Rose seems very sloppy in the ring too. Neither came out of it looking great.

The main event was fine, seemed to be just a showcase type of thing for the main eventers and top teams (I'm guessing) but was a bit of a mess. Swagger being positioned as a top guy doesn't resonate with me at all either but i haven't seen him since his WWE days so will reserve judgement there. Moxley definitely seems much better off out of WWE

I was really hoping to see Luchasaurus as i see so many random things about him online, and have heard alot of good stuff about Lucha Brothers too, so was a bit disappointed they weren't in matches.

All in all, can't say it made me an AEW fan, felt like they did nothing to help a new viewer understand what they have going on.That said, benefit of the doubt, Ill probably check out next week's show and flick through it.

As mentioned earlier, for a AEW to have their debut weekly show on a station like TNT going head-to-head with NXT, this show was underwhelming. I'm not the one to expect too much too soon; but in this case, they should have gone all out in order to hook the viewers in right off the bat.

None of the matches were anything to rave about, and something about the show in general just felt off compared to how their previous shows were (and even those shows weren't all that great, imo).

Idk what it is about him, but I'm not a fan of Sammy Guevara at all. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but he strikes me as a generic, cocky high-flyer - and the nickname "The Best Ever" is mad lame.

Jack Swagger debuting was cool I guess, but I've never been a big fan of Swagger and never truly saw him as anything special. So him being a surprise attacker and aligning with Jericho and the others didn't leave me with my jaw dropped or anything like that.

All in all, the show was ok. I didn't know what to really expect since I'm not too familiar with a chunk of their roster and there's still a lot of development of characters that needs to be done.

Swagger looks like a *censored*ing giant

Fun show, not much to gripe about other than Nyla Rose being *censored*ing terrible. Hopefully they cool off on her being in the title picture.

The episode was pretty much what I expected, some solid matches and the kick off of major angles. I think people were expecting WAY too much and left feeling underwhelmed.

Gotta get some better gear for Riho and Nyla Rose too IMO

Rihos attire looks like shes dressing up for a schools 50s day and Nylas gear just looks cheap to me. I probably enjoyed that match the most even though it was kind of a mess, but I like Riho. Just clean up my he presentation a little bit.

Some of the promos and non in ring segments were really awkward to me.

Turn up the music.

The no DQ really bothered me. Like a lot. Took me right out of the match.

I dont like how AEW established that there will be clear concise rules but they had the thing with Coys belt that one PPV and now Mox interference. Brand new promotion and Im already unaware what the rules are lol

Gotta get some better gear for Riho and Nyla Rose too IMO

Rihos attire looks like shes dressing up for a schools 50s day and Nylas gear just looks cheap to me. I probably enjoyed that match the most even though it was kind of a mess, but I like Riho. Just clean up my he presentation a little bit.

Some of the promos and non in ring segments were really awkward to me.

Turn up the music.

The no DQ really bothered me. Like a lot. Took me right out of the match.

I dont like how AEW established that there will be clear concise rules but they had the thing with Coys belt that one PPV and now Mox interference. Brand new promotion and Im already unaware what the rules are lol

Well they did say it was up to the referees discretion.

Wrestling rules dont really exist bro

have they ever explained the beef between Mox and Omega or is that something to look forward to on the weeklies?

Well...initially Omega was just at the right place at the wrong time. But then Moxley "left" to tour in Japan and Omega felt that Moxley looked down on him. Then Moxley promptly backed out of the AEW PPV match, because of an injury, which led to Omega feeling even less recognized as the threat he is. Then he went on his promo rant on Moxley and here we are.

Most of it obviously happened on the BTE and Road To Episodes, so they definitely need to put a focus on it on TV aswell.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived