Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because it's hard to have a character on the indies, because regular audiences don't get to see those characters grow and evolve like they do on regular programming.

Unless you're performing on bigger indies like PWG, EVOLVE or RevPro, having a character for an audience of 50 is pretty pointless.

First few episodes will get a bigger rating than the ones that follow...but I don't think they will be bigger than Raw or SD. I think it's going to come in pretty low, and drop slightly lower. Then, it might pick up numbers down the road, if they start making headlines with bigger names or storylines that are drawing people in.

That's because it's hard to have a character on the indies, because regular audiences don't get to see those characters grow and evolve like they do on regular programming.

Unless you're performing on bigger indies like PWG, EVOLVE or RevPro, having a character for an audience of 50 is pretty pointless.

Could not disagree more. The indies are more popular than ever right now, and even if you don't follow every promotion, you'd likely see a lot through social media just by following a wrestler.

IMO the reason the indies lack characters is because there are too many wrestlers out there purely to put on "good matches". MJF was doing his gimmick in front of crowds of a few dozen people and that's why he's one of the hottest young names in wrestling right now. Meanwhile in the 3 years he's been wrestling there have been a million flippy guys who were supposedly "the next big thing" because a gif of them doing a 630 went viral.

Cody's tweet last night made it sound like it'll be the first thing we see. But reading back, it just sounds like the first announcement but that's it lol I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

To the new and uneducated regarding aew tv viewers, that's a pretty meh first match..

In the eyes of the New viewers that's somewhat into wrestling they see this as a former wwe jobber/midcarder vs a jobber they've never heard of..

AEW has to do a damn great job from now on getting the unknowns over with the first time viewers. One way to do that is to run vignetes/profiles on them on the network..

Paul Heyman always say there are 3 things you need to have covered to be a success..

1. Who are the wrestlers that are fighting?

2. Why are they fighting?

3. Why should the audience care?

Sadly wwe doesn't follow these steps - but hopefully AEW does..

I got shitty Dish for now...hard times lmao

Also, MJF is on Jericho's podcast today. Pretty good, he's in character the whole time though if those type of interviews turn you off lol

MJF is smart about that stuff. All the podcast and YouTube interviews that are free are completely in-character. If you want to see out of character interviews, you have to pay for it on Highspots

I hate Marko Stunt. He was one of those guys who I'd hoped they would drop before the television show.

Also, Sammy Guevera...hate that guy too. He seems to be a perfectly competent athlete...capable of plenty of fast-paced, flippy shit...but his gimmick is that he likes pandas and sticks his tongue out? He just looks like a little shit to me. Those are two examples of the kind of guys that I had hoped AEW wouldn't have on their roster.

I know I talk about MLW a lot...but, they have what I would consider the perfect example of the kind of roster that AEW should have been building. As much as I want AEW to be good...I can't straight-up lie, and act like they have a "good" roster, because, I don't think they do...outside of a handful of really talented guys who are going to need to keep the whole mess glued together.

To the new and uneducated regarding aew tv viewers, that's a pretty meh first match..

In the eyes of the New viewers that's somewhat into wrestling they see this as a former wwe jobber/midcarder vs a jobber they've never heard of..

AEW has to do a damn great job from now on getting the unknowns over with the first time viewers. One way to do that is to run vignetes/profiles on them on the network..

Paul Heyman always say there are 3 things you need to have covered to be a success..

1. Who are the wrestlers that are fighting?

2. Why are they fighting?

3. Why should the audience care?

Sadly wwe doesn't follow these steps - but hopefully AEW does..

Man you don't stop bitching do you? Why are so god damn critical over a company that has existed for less than a year? You really think the FIRST match is what people are going to tune in for? Wrestling has main events for a reason. This is a notable match sure, but it's not like it's supposed to be a match they're gonna build their show around. Cut them a little slack, it's just some news to tide fans over until the next piece of news.

And look at you telling successful businesspeople how to run their company. You don't think They understand all that? They've done a fairly admirable job at educating the "uneducated" (BTW, what a disgusting term to refer to people who simply don't know about something) by building to matches on their shows so far. And sorry, but I have to call you out on this; what exactly makes Sammy Guevara a jobber? Because he doesn't have as big of a profile as others? Heath Slater is a jobber and I'd be willing to bet that Sammy Guevara's career has been A LOT more beneficial in recent history. I think you need to un-uneducate yourself and look up what the colloquialism "jobber" actually is.

Man you talk a real load of a shit for someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived