Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another fun show. I didn't watch the Buy-In, but I heard it was a bit shit. The main card was all good and fun though, a real easy watch.

I cant tell you the matches off the top off my head, but I thought it was good.

Private Party really impressed to outta me. They were like 2 Montez Fords lol

Edit: just looked it up. I had no interest in the Allie vs Bates match, but the opening tag was awesome and I thought the Jebailey match was really fun for a guy thats not even a wrestler!

Had no idea until last night that he was that twitch emote lol

I was disappointed with the show to be honest, but maybe that's because I enjoyed Double or Nothing so much. I felt that the 6 man tag was way too hokey - it really takes me out of it when it's so obvious that they're setting up spots.

I felt the same with the main event - it was brutal and graphic, but I thought it really lacked any story. It just felt like they were going for hardcore spot to hardcore spot. That was a real let down for me after hearing Moxley speak so openly about all of the ideas that he had with Brock and the stories that he wanted to tell in that match.

The women's match was good, the 4 way was good, the opener was good but Cody vs Allin was by far the best match of the night for me.

I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 overall, which isn't bad, but it definitely felt like a B show PPV and was overshadowed by Double or Nothing. I've got high hopes for Fight for the Fallen and All Out; I think those shows will be better. I'm a fan of AEW for sure, but I feel that this PPV shows that they're still finding their feet.

I agree about the commentary being better too - the new guy is great and JR was much more on it than Double or Nothing with the names.

Kinda hard for a lot of these matches right now to have a story when theres no build up at all.

I didnt think Cody vs Allin had a story til midway through, like I said, I couldnt even tell who was the face or heel. Allin comes out as this dark character carrying a body bag, is the smaller guy and gets his ass whooped the whole match, meanwhile everyone loves Cody. I think at these beginning stages, its up to the fans to interpret. But I know what you mean.

I looked at it as Mox finally being allowed to really show his crazy side (you mentioning the Mania match with Brock) and whys he the thing of King of the Deathmatch or whatever. It was a spotfest, but think thats what the story was supposed to be.

Im just gonna go ahead and say it. As someone whos watched Adam Page since 2014 or so, I dont see him as a top guy yet. AEW hasn't really done a good job at building him up tbh (as a character, not wins). I know JR wasnt kinda saying he has that BMF presence like SCSA or whatever, but I still dont see it.

Hes a talented guy. Has a decent look, although kinda generic, and cool entrance, but what else? Who is he and why is he so special?

I also dont watch BTE and Im sure a bunch of others dont as well. In the years that Ive known him, Ive learned more about guys like Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, Private Party and others in just one night alone. The company and himself have gotta do something to present him as the top star, because I dont see it right now. Im fine with him winning the title eventually but I need to see something first.

Yeah, it helps big time following BTE and the Road to shows every week to get hyped and fall in love with many characters on the roster. The murder of Joey Ryan storyline put him over big time with fans I think. That and the build of getting into shape (Full Gear Ready) for his match with PAC. :lol: Which actually turned out pretty inspiring and got some folks going to the gym and participating in the challenge.

He's smooth in the ring and a handsome fellow and a *censored*ing horse. World champ material to me. Plus, it helps everyone has been drinking the yeehaw juice this year lmao

Thats all fine and all...but like I said, not everyone watches BTE. For success as a company theyre gonna need more support than just the hardcore AEW fans.

And also as I mentioned, Ive learned more about a guy like MJF than Page in 2 appearances. At first I thought he was some bootleg EC3 clone but hes proved to me hes already better than him. He comes off as a way bigger star than Page right now. Some skits on a YouTube show arent gonna do it for me. That should be extra to his already established character, but he needs a base on these AEW shows first. Its one of the reasons the librarian thing is being shit on.

Cornettes' at it again.

He's probably not wrong.

I agreed with most of what he said in his last rant.

I'll give Fyter a pass, because it was always gonna be a gimmicky show (by the sheer nature of the venue and what it is). But, yeah...Fight for the Fallen needs to have a more serious tone. And when the show starts on TNT...again, they need to tone down the antics. For example...the Nakazawa oil stuff is already old. Really, really old. It's one thing if they were doing dumb stuff to make fun of WWE...but if they make it part of their regular routine, then how the hell are they any better than what WWE is doing?

I don't get the Cornette thing. Are we supposed to like him or think he's just a cooky loud mouth? Because anything I've ever seen of his has been purely negative and it's really soured me on his name.

There's no way that Cornette is "purely negative". He actually gives credit on a number of things.

And yeah, I actually do respect his opinion for the most part.

He's out of touch on some things, or fails to see why some things appeal to certain people...but, no...he's not completely full of shit. I think people who believe that Cornette is completely wrong are missing what he's saying. He's passionate about wrestling being as good as it can be...and he takes that passion a bit too far when it comes to expressing how silly he thinks some things are. But, if you kinda read between the lines, you can see where he's coming from.

I mean...here is the latest tweet from him:

8vv6cqB.png

He only talks shit about the buy-in portion of the show...and it's not hard at all to agree with what he's saying here. Even the live crowd was shitting on the buy-in for being stupid. I heard plenty of "this gimmick sucks", etc.

He also retweeted a video of MJF's promo, thus giving credit where credit was due. So...yeah. He's certainly not just calling AEW garbage. He's taking the good with the bad...and he's really not wrong.

Nakazawa's oil and the Librarians gimmicks are the only things I've hated so far.

Young Bucks said during the post show interviews that the buy in being comedic and the show being serious once it started was intentional but that Fight for the Fallen would be more serious.

Tony Khan said that ppvs have more special rules but that the weekly tv show won't be as crazy and hardcore. He's also said before that Being The Elite episodes and humor won't influence the main shows

*Censored* Cornette.

This guy won't give anyone that he didn't work with in ROH or TNA a fair chance. I mean this dude won't put over Kenny for shit cause he can't get past his match with the little girl years ago. And he literally wishes death on anyone who's ever done any comedy ever in wrestling. Dude will talk about how amazing Jericho was in the main event and pretends it doesn't take two to put on a great match.

When it comes to Kenny, I really think Cornette sees him squandering potential. And again...I don't think he's wrong. Kenny has all the talent in the world, but he would rather do goofy shit, it seems. Again, if you read between the lines, it's not hard to understand what Cornette is saying. If Kenny put effort into actually being the best, he would be. But, he kinda floats around somewhere between working his ass off, and simultaneously not taking himself seriously at all.

I'm actually surprised that JR is getting more heat for his commentary. I thought he did much, MUCH better on this show than he did with Double or Nothing. (Or any of his recent commentary work, tbh). He actually seemed focused for once.

Same. I thought he was pretty bad last show and didnt mind him here.

There's no way that Cornette is "purely negative". He actually gives credit on a number of things.

The guy constantly puts over talent, it just rarely catches on with people who don't give him the time of day. MJF, Cody, The Revival, Adam Cole, Matt Riddle, Contra Unit, Tessa Blanchard, and many others are all people he's put over recently.

But nah, never mind that, he's just an old crank who yells at clouds and has no valuable thoughts. ?

Cornette just likes things to look and feel real but hates unnecessary hardcore stuff and things that make the wrestling look like performance rather then a fight. He praises MJF a ton and gives Cody a lot of credit which a lot of the internet agree. He however doesn't like Omega and the young bucks. And AEW has produced a new hate for him in the name of Orange Cassidy AKA "pockets".

Cornette just likes things to look and feel real but hates unnecessary hardcore stuff and things that make the wrestling look like performance rather then a fight. He praises MJF a ton and gives Cody a lot of credit which a lot of the internet agree. He however doesn't like Omega and the young bucks. And AEW has produced a new for him in the name of Orange Cassidy AKA "pockets".

After that match with the Bucks and Omega on Saturday I totally can see where he's coming from.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived