Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Cody/Shawn Spears thing reminds me of the Jeff Hardy/Mr. Anderson chairshot

As previously reported, one of the major talking points coming out of Fyter Fest was the unprotected chair shot to the head that Cody Rhodes took from Shawn Spears. The chair shot left him dazed and required 12 staples to close.

During post-show interviews, both The Young Bucks and Tony Khan implied that the chair shot did not go as planned. Tony Khan referred to the situation as unfortunate and one that the company would address more going forward. The Young Bucks appeared to elaborate by stating that the chair was gimmicked but that something obviously went awry.

Show was okay. I wasn't blown away by any of it...and aside from the violence, a lot of it felt like B-roll WWE stuff. But, yeah...the violence was refreshing just because you don't see it in WWE. Highly unnecessary...but refreshing. Cody vs Darby was the MotN, personally. It was the freshest thing on the card and the two of them were doing compelling work right up till the time limit draw. Darby is a madman with that coffin dive on hardest part of the ring. :lol:

JR was hired for name value. He doesnt know the talent. He didnt know the talent when he did commentary for New Japan either. On top of that, why is he doing color commentary? He is only legendary for his play-by-play and its clear to see why. He dropped some really weird lines all night and it was made more cringe when neither Excalibur or Golden Boy had anything to say in response. He just sounds disengaged and I can only believe its because he doesnt know the talent. He was probably at his best during the Cody matches because he knows Cody and Dustin. It reminds me of when little girls invite you to their tea party with a bunch of stuffed animals and you halfheartedly play along to be nice. Thats what JR sounds like, like hes just kinda playing along but he doesnt truly believe in it. But whatever, it seems like hes in it for the long haul so I hope he gets better as he gets more familiar with these guys. Rant over.

Actually there was one line I kinda liked. It was during Moxley/Janela after Excalibur explained the spot that put Janela in the hospital for a while and JR kinda scolded him saying he made no money when he was in the hospital after taking that bump and he needs to consider that before he does other stupid shit. I kinda agree with him. Im not the biggest fan of guys potentially killing themselves and not really having anything to show for it.

On the topic of MJF. Def talented. I just kinda worry about his ceiling, like I wonder how far he can really go as he currently is. I dont really see him being a world champion. Midcard champ for sure, but I also see him being just kinda like a loud loser. Also, I hate his gear.

All I think of when I see JR now is that pic of him with a piece of paper with names and pictures of the New Japan roster. And that other picture of him and King sleeping on the job at Raw 25 lol

I wonder how MJF would do as a face after he was out there aiding Cody

I'm also really curious how he is in real life

No, he is just kissing Cody's ass. If you watch Being the Elite, he's best friends with Cody on there but always talks shit behind his back. He's also always fighting with Brandi and frequently tries to poison his dog Pharoah lmao

Also, there's a documentary on MJF out there on YouTube. He probably is a great guy, but I refuse to watch it and ruin his image of him lmao

Damn I know Im late, but that show was *censored*ing awesome!

Dare I say I enjoyed it more as a whole than DoN. The crowd wasnt as hot, and the show wasnt as impactful, but I enjoyed the shorter runtime and majority of the matches more.

I had to skip the womens 4 way (I think it was a 4 way). Was it worth going back and rewatching?

Thought the Daniels match was a little slow but decent work overall. Everything else I loved, including the pre show. Great stuff there.

The Cody match started off slow too, but they were telling an excellent story, although I couldnt tell who was face or heel haha. Also the Spears turn was random asf. And Cody got *censored*ed up in the end.

6 man tag. Wow. MOTYC for me

Main even was a spectacle in its own right. One of the most fun, thrilling hardcore matches this year. Also loved the touch on the emphasis of it being non sanctioned.

9/10 for me.

The presentation/set up for the unsanctioned match was cool. Commentators and Justin Roberts announced Cody vs Darby as the main event and official end of the show. That the lights would go off for a few moments and when back on it would be time for the unsanctioned match.

Simple but cool little touch

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived