Guest Fight Me.

Excalibur is the best commentator going right now. Full stop.

Also i had no idea who SSB were. Uno put on some weight and changed up the gear and i thought Dos was John Silver.

That was Uno???

It took me going to twitter to realize who it was. I like like the mask is the same but hes way different.

Still rad though, love me some SSB. AEW needs to bring back Dos' cooking show.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get why I keep getting Cageside reports for wrestling (prolly cause I keep clicking them) but for the past week I've been consistently seeing like three new reports a day and it sounds like these guys are getting it done. Hype going into it, show delivering so massive hype coming OUT of it, crazy guest appearances, former staff coming back out the wood, and all eyes on the future.

I wish the squad the best of luck and ay, once this hits TV I might even break out my wrestling slump and give em a few watches. They definitely got my interest

Know the big talk is about WWE should be scared but legit, if your Impact, what do you do here. AEW got a better TV deal and way better talent before their first show. You know people are gonna want to jump ship when you don't have much real established talent right now. Is this gonna be the dagger for TNA?

What does everyone think of Jericho's new finisher?

Should have span out into the codebreaker right after it.

Know the big talk is about WWE should be scared but legit, if your Impact, what do you do here. AEW got a better TV deal and way better talent before their first show. You know people are gonna want to jump ship when you don't have much real established talent right now. Is this gonna be the dagger for TNA?

Impact, MLW and ROH all just got shafted down one rung of the ladder.

We just heard about Moxly signing with NJPW. The future of pro wrestling seems to be this open-ended format of the entertainers actually being free agents and not being tied down. This is what we're seeing with AEW, MLW, NWA, Impact, and even with NJPW. So, I think Impact is far removed from this problem. They don't hold any chips when it comes to talents being exclusive. "Jump ship" doesn't appear to be a term that applies to most companies these days. You want to work elsewhere? Cool...just make the dates that you're being paid for.

WWE is the only one sitting out in the cold here, with their "ironclad" contracts. WWE will see more and more people leaving when their contracts are up...because they're the only company trying to own people. The more open with talent sharing that everyone else is...the better. No one relies on that contract structure other than WWE.

It's kinda like that phrase "a rising tide raises all ships"...with all of these companies being ships in the same ocean, and WWE being in a landlocked lagoon.

We just heard about Moxly signing with NJPW. The future of pro wrestling seems to be this open-ended format of the entertainers actually being free agents and not being tied down. This is what we're seeing with AEW, MLW, NWA, Impact, and even with NJPW. So, I think Impact is far removed from this problem. They don't hold any chips when it comes to talents being exclusive. "Jump ship" doesn't appear to be a term that applies to most companies these days. You want to work elsewhere? Cool...just make the dates that you're being paid for.

WWE is the only one sitting out in the cold here, with their "ironclad" contracts. WWE will see more and more people leaving when their contracts are up...because they're the only company trying to own people. The more open with talent sharing that everyone else is...the better. No one relies on that contract structure other than WWE.

And even in WWE...NXT and NXT UK exists.

Tony Khan clarifies Moxley's AEW contract:

AEW President Tony Khan confirmed that Moxley has a signed a multi-year deal with the company.

"He is a multi-year contract, he will be on a full-time deal," Khan confirmed. "When we go weekly, he's going to be full-time. Same as some of the guys, especially when the schedule is light, I'm open to him working some international and indie dates. He is full-time with us, domestically, essentially he's our guy. Yeah, he's going to do some international and indie stuff, but he's definitely an AEW full-time wrestler.

Khan also said once he was clear of his WWE contract, Moxley came to him to talk.

"As soon as [Moxley] was out of his deal and wanted to talk to people, he came to me," Khan said. "And I was really excited to talk to him when he was able to talk to me. He's been great and I'm really excited he's part of the roster."

Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso also noted AEW confirmed Moxley's in-ring debut will take place on June 29 at Fyter Fest in Daytona Beach, Florida. An opponent has yet to be named.

Last month, Ambrose finished up with WWE after working for the company since 2011.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/more-on-jon-moxley-joining-all-elite-wrestling-654514/

I like that way of thinking, if we got nothing for you run the indies for a bit. It gives the guys a chance to work shit out or maybe even have the company see the person in a different light and come back stronger. Also lets me have more Janela weirdness in GCW.

Not really getting what the point is here...? You just saying that WWE puts people into even smaller groups and isolates them even further than simply being "in WWE"?

No he's saying NXT & NXT UK wrestlers can go wrestle at several other promotions, so it even happens in WWE, to an extent.

Not really getting what the point is here...? You just saying that WWE puts people into even smaller groups and isolates them even further than simply being "in WWE"?

No he's saying NXT & NXT UK wrestlers can go wrestle at several other promotions, so it even happens in WWE, to an extent.

yep. This.

NXT talent are allowed to work indies? Nice

Not entirely. It's a very specific set of circumstances, and basically only includes a few promotions in the UK. I think Progress, ICW, and Evolve are basically the extent of it...and it seems likely to me that they allow cross promotion with those UK indies only because it's the UK.

WWE still operates in the US for the most part. Just feels like a "they're more useful to us than we are to them, so let's reward them with a WWE superstar every once in a while" type thing.

The stuff going on with AEW, NJPW, ROH, MLW, Impact, etc just feels different to me. Less of certain companies "allowing" athletes to perform outside their box, and more of an open-ended exchange. That's just how I view it.

Not entirely. It's a very specific set of circumstances, and basically only includes a few promotions in the UK. I think Progress, ICW, and Evolve are basically the extent of it...and it seems likely to me that they allow cross promotion with those UK indies only because it's the UK.

WWE still operates in the US for the most part. Just feels like a "they're more useful to us than we are to them, so let's reward them with a WWE superstar every once in a while" type thing.

The stuff going on with AEW, NJPW, ROH, MLW, Impact, etc just feels different to me. Less of certain companies "allowing" athletes to perform outside their box, and more of an open-ended exchange. That's just how I view it.

It's not only tied to the promotions you mentioned.

Toni Storm, Piper Niven and Xia Brookside are still working for Stardom as example.

Toni and Xia are already booked on Stardom for next week. :)

I think it depends on the contract you are signing with the wwe and how far they let you work for other promotions or not.

Main Roster People are more tied then NXT People it seems.

WWE have a working relationship with WWN, so plenty of NXT guys work EVOLVE. Some have also worked in Full Impact Pro. As for NXT UK; they have working relationships with PROGRESS, ICW, Fight Club Pro, OTT in Ireland, Attack Pro and WXW in Germany. I believe those guys can work British & Euro indy companies that don't have TV deals or streaming services. I remember Pete Dunne worked against Aries in Canada for Destiny World Wrestling I think? Some of these companies are run by NXT UK guys themselves so WWE would be a bit dickish if they told Trent Severn he couldn't wrestle in his own company. :lol:

Even recently I believe Toni Storm (a WWE champion) has been doing a tour with STARDOM. One of those of joshi companies anyway.

So tbf it's pretty common in the NXT circuit for guys to work indy dates.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived