Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really could have done better than Downstait.

Does anyone know when Marty Scurll's contract is up with ROH? I have this horrible feeling that he's stuck in that company whilst all his buds are doing some awesome shit.

Aside from Chase Owens, Marty is the most boring member of Bullet Club. He's a solid example of a guy thinking that all it takes to be a big name is an elaborate costume or gimmick.

"Oh...I'm a villain. I have an umbrella, like the Penguin...because I'm a villain. I pretend to break people's fingers in every single match I have, because I'm evil. But, people never have broken fingers after the match...because it's just a gimmick. I'm only over because people like to whoop during my entrance." -Marty in a nutshell

He's also a really good wrestler, has good presence about him and provides a different kinda flavour among the rest of the Elite. Dislike him as much as you like, but don't downplay his abilities. Nothing wrong with a wrestler using his image and iconography to give a boost/over shadow some of his weaker areas. Many of the biggest stars in history have done that.

And the whole finger thing. He doesn't break peoples fingers and neither does Pete Dunne. They manipulate and hurt them yeah, but arm breakers aren't literally moves that break peoples arm. Neither do neckbreakers. You seem to choosing what moves you don't believe compared to others. They're just another wrestling move that hurt a certain part of the body.

True enough about "many of the biggest stars" using that formula. But, many of the big stars also became boring by never evolving. Marty is very much reminiscent of a Randy Orton or a Bray Wyatt in my mind...where you get to the point where enough is enough with the same old shit.

As for the fingers...I definitely recall Marty using a popsicle stick or something to get an actual snapping sound. And I definitely remember commentators claiming that he broke people's fingers. Let's not pretend like that wasn't his entire deal. Maybe he toned it down...but it certainly was a thing. Dunne bends people's fingers in the manner of a submission hold. Scurll has always snapped them, as if to break them violently. So, those are two entirely different attacks in my mind.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived