Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scalpers must know that they ain't going make profit after having that many tickets at those prices. This is a big event but it's not WM or the Superbowl.

Bought tickets for nothing

They definitely don't expect the tickets to sell at that amount. But, they also know that they have time to let them sit at that price. It's a way of whipping people into a panic that the only tickets left are these super expensive ones.

Maybe you get a few foolish people who do pay the crazy prices...and you make back all of the money you spent on the tickets right there. And then, a few days before the event actually happens, you cut the price to a somewhat reasonable level of maybe a few hundred dollars...and you unload your remaining tickets for a quick buck. It's a super shitty way to make money, but most people who are out to make money are shitty people.

I've seen him do other interviews and he's a cool guy. Passionate hardcore fan but he seems very nervous when explaining anything. Tons of "uhhh" and "ummm" while rambling a bit

But I like the dude. I was surprised at how young and geeky he is as I was expecting a typical older businessman in a suit. He's one of us fans though and you can tell his heart is in the right place. His passion is personal fandom and not just business

It's worth saying that AEW aren't the ones running Starrcast. They are partnered with it because All In is the event it's attached too, but it's not managed by them. Taker is appearing for Conrad Thompson and not Cody & The Bucks.

Still, it's *censored*ing huge.

I wonder if AEW will get a action figure deal. Wouldn't mind Hasbro making figures of the Elite and Jericho.

Well...The Young Bucks already have deals with Funko. If the talks about the TV deals are true, merch companies will be all over them.

According to recent comments made by Kota Ibushi, he turned down AEWs offer in late 2018. He also told Japanese media outlet, ShuPru, that he hasnt spoken to Kenny Omega since Wrestle Kingdom.

NJPW commentator, Chris Charlton, provided some translations of the article.

The second I went, that would be the end of my wrestling career, I thought, Charlton translated Ibushis comments as.

What I realized (talking to AEW) was I really dont care about money, he continued. (Kenny and I) havent spoken since Wrestle Kingdom. I think he wanted me in his corner in the main event but after what happened (concussion in his match against Ospreay) he was worried and said I should leave early. After that..

Ibushi continued to say AEW wanted him to move to the United States.

AEW said they just want me in their ring in some form. The ideal for them was for me to move to America and be there full time. I turned them down just after Wrestle Kingdom.

Ibushi continued to say that if he went to AEW he feels it would be the end of his career.

If I went it would be the end of my career. There wouldnt be anywhere else to go after that. No step up, nothing left to do. That would be the last step to make, and after that things would just go down. Great money, but I want to keep developing.

https://www.sescoops.com/kota-ibushi-explains-why-he-didnt-sign-with-aew/

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived