Guest Fight Me.

The LU thing is weird. What exactly is that about? That they can't leave until the season airs?

From what I understand, the wrestlers are tied to exclusive deals with Lucha for another season. Only problem is that LU have shown no signs of making another season at all, if we add in the little detail of them only getting paid if they are used then you will see Lucha Underground are *censored*ing *censored*s who need to die the *Censored* off.

Oh, yeah, that's shitty af. There should at least be an expiration date on them or something. If they don't get a new season locked down by a certain date, it's over.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LU thing is weird. What exactly is that about? That they can't leave until the season airs?

From what I understand, the wrestlers are tied to exclusive deals with Lucha for another season. Only problem is that LU have shown no signs of making another season at all, if we add in the little detail of them only getting paid if they are used then you will see Lucha Underground are *censored*ing *censored*s who need to die the *Censored* off.

Oh, yeah, that's shitty af. There should at least be an expiration date on them or something. If they don't get a new season locked down by a certain date, it's over.
Exactly. I forgot to mention the best bit, before they started doing the previous season LU gave releases to anyone who wanted them, so pretty much the ones who stayef loyal are the ones getting *censored*ed over. The funny thing is if LU just gave everyone their releases off the bat there is a chance they could have gotten these guys back at some point. Instead they have burned a ton of bridges and the reputation is in tatters.

Latest announcements so far on who's coming to AEW (https://twitter.com/AEWrestling)

- Sonny Kiss

- Sammy Guevara

- Best Friends (TRENT? and Chuck Taylor)

- Aja Kong

- Yuka Sakazaki

- Kylie Rae

- SCU

- Lucha Bros

Also Kenny Omega's the Executive Vice President and a full-time roster member

Just watched the press conference. Alpha vs. Omega II. :D

Double or Nothing so far is looking like it'll be:

-Hangman Page vs. Pac (Confirmed)

-The Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros

-Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho

Wow, this is just their first show.

About Kenny, why be a small Fish in a big pond when you can be a big dog in a small pond?

in wwe, he'd be "just another guy"..

No, he would not. Unless you think AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, to name a few, are "just another guy". If they wanted to spend alot on Kenny, they would do alot with Kenny

They're already doing kinda like I feared they would, and bringing in their friends rather than true top names. Chuck and Trent? Yeah...hard pass. And I had to look up who Sonny Kiss even is. Which is not to say that he can't be good just because I'm not familiar with him...but, apparently he's just another hypersexual homosexual gimmick? There's nothing wrong with that. But, again...hard pass from me. I was hoping AEW would truly bring elite talents together in one spot. They started off doing that with guys like Jericho, Pac, Lucha Bros, etc...but they already seem to be losing steam. I was half expecting a promotion where any single person on the roster could be a believable world champion at any given time. We're straying far from that.

I guess what I really expected were more dream match scenarios with guys who were in all sorts of different promotions. But, as has been stated, this is panning out to mostly be talents that have already competed together on shows like NJPW, ROH, MLW, etc. There's not much here that makes me say "wow...that's super interesting and full of potential". At least, not yet.

Sonny Kiss did good last season of Lucha Underground lol

And yeah, maybe Best Friends aren't the best tag team in the world, but are you really surprised? Who wouldn't want their friends on board, people who you can trust. Plus, they aren't just a comedy team anymore. New Japan presented them as serious members of CHAOS, and they proved they can hold their own. It also helps that they're over with pretty much every crowd they perform in front of. More elite talent will come, but it's kinda hard to get them all these days when everyone seems to be tied down to a contract nowadays.

I think for now, they're gonna try and bring in some good hidden gems from around the world. Sure, people may not be familiar, but look what BTE is doing for a lot of them. Look what bringing Marko Stunt and MJF at All In did for them. Bringing in YouTube sensations like Joey Janela and Sammy Guevara is a smart move too, as they've already got some kind of audience following them everywhere. AEW will be fine with an undercard like this for now.

They're already doing kinda like I feared they would, and bringing in their friends rather than true top names. Chuck and Trent? Yeah...hard pass. And I had to look up who Sonny Kiss even is. Which is not to say that he can't be good just because I'm not familiar with him...but, apparently he's just another hypersexual homosexual gimmick? There's nothing wrong with that. But, again...hard pass from me. I was hoping AEW would truly bring elite talents together in one spot. They started off doing that with guys like Jericho, Pac, Lucha Bros, etc...but they already seem to be losing steam. I was half expecting a promotion where any single person on the roster could be a believable world champion at any given time. We're straying far from that.

I guess what I really expected were more dream match scenarios with guys who were in all sorts of different promotions. But, as has been stated, this is panning out to mostly be talents that have already competed together on shows like NJPW, ROH, MLW, etc. There's not much here that makes me say "wow...that's super interesting and full of potential". At least, not yet.

I'm sure they're reaching out, but not much they can do if said people are tied down with contracts. But now I'm curious, do we know what big names out there are currently free agents?

Also come on, Chuck and Trent are awesome!

So I believe one of those signees is a transsexual woman. AEW would be the first major company to sign a trans person.

That's big news.

and they didn't even shout it out loud that she's transgender, that's nice

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived