Official NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toni is so damn likeable..

But did Finn really have to win?

The face beat the heel. The face also happened to be a veteran former world champion on the 'main roster' AND trained the heel. Also it wasn't a squash match and Jordan gave an awesome performance. It's literally wrestling 101. Jordan losing was not a problem.

Well that was a great fun show.

Tag title match was awesome and im very glad GYV won since i think they needed it more. That ending Doomsday was so sick holy god. Great to see Balor show up to tale Banks spot. Loved his attire and it was cool to see him break out both versions of 1916 which i aint seen in forever.

The No DQ match was great chaotic fun. I know many dont like him but Dennis is growing on me. The dude is pretty darn good honestly and Mastiff is just a awesome Hoss. Super happy for Toni Storm winning the title too. I like Rhea but they told such a story of Redemption for Toni that i think its perfect she won here.

Main event was *censored*in awesome. Great back and forth with crazy shit as is the norm kinda with Pete Dunne matches. This really made me realize how great Coffey is tho dude is fantastic. And holy shit WALTER is finally here! Very very much looking forward to see him after all the hype. Cant wait but yeah really dope show. A great first Takeover for NXT UK

Wish I could find a gif of him playing the title like a fiddle, but the one gif I found was broken. :(

Also, just realized "It's Toni Time" is a play on "It's Morphin Time", cause you know lol

Just now watched the show.

Tag title match was legitimately one of the best tag matches I've ever seen. Shocked GYV won, but holy shit was it good.

Balor vs Devlin was ok. Finn being a surprise was really cool. Match was whatever. Finn really needs a deeper moveset man, dude was going from corner to corner with the same general spots.

Mastiff vs Dennis was fine. Just...fine. I'd call both the wrestlers exactly that as well. Fine, but nothing notable. Dennis needs a different attire though, it's hideous.

Toni vs Rhea was alright. I like both of them, but had a hard time getting into this match. Glad Toni won.

Dunne vs Coffey was...weird. It had this big fight feel and the crowd was absolutely amazing during it...but I didn't think it was that great. I love Pete Dunne, and his offense was really cool, but Joe Coffey is just so lame to me. That Discus Lariat looks so weak, and a lot of his offense was lacking in excitement. I dunno, I appreciated the spectacle, but I don't have any desire to see more of Coffey.

Never seen WALTER before, but his debut was really f'n cool. Dude seemed like an instant star and I loved how he killed Joe with that boot. If his ring skill is half as good as his presence, then I'm gonna like him a lot.

Archived