'Sonic the Hedgehog' film discussion

Generations

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me wonders if this is intentional. Get a whack Sonic out on purpose, get the negative reaction, go back in and "fix" Sonic, "yay, Paramount listens to the fans!"

I'm telling you, "fixing" it is what will make it an ordinary piece of shit movie. I want to watch the current version in all its ridiculously corny glory.

Good example of public outrage ruining something that could just be good for a laugh.

That design in the trailer would've been fine if the movie was just a straight up comedy or parody of Sonic but, I don't think it's supposed to be. If this movie is supposed to be based on the Sonic franchise then I'd rather have the main characters actually looking like the source material than some terrible movie that'll probably still shamefully be talked about years from now like how people are still looking back at Mortal Kombat Annihilation, that Doom movie with The Rock or the Sonic Boom WiiU game.

WHY_zpsj8ueflfz.png

Hasn't the Sonic franchise been tarnished enough ever the years?

• 6 months later...

My son, look how they fixed my boy!

Am I insane, that I want for the Blu-ray Extras, have the whole movie but with original design :lol:

Also alot has changed, even the plot, with Sonic now coming to our world to escape something bad instead of going to our world to help it

My son, look how they fixed my boy!

Am I insane, that I want for the Blu-ray Extras, have the whole movie but with original design :lol:

Also alot has changed, even the plot, with Sonic now coming to our world to escape something bad instead of going to our world to help it

I still wish this had been a fully CGI movie rather than live action. As a huge Sonic fan I much prefer this design over that vomit they spewed out months ago. I hate how Sonic was perfectly portrayed in the Wreck-It-Ralph movies but, Paramount thought that a movie about one of the most iconic platforming video game characters ever should look like a little person in a poorly made furry costume months ago. I had to suffer through 5 years of Jason Griffith as the voice actor and the shitpasta known as Sonic.exe. Sonic doesn't need anymore L's. I do agree however, they should keep that original design as extra DVD blooper content.

That's what I thought initially but, and it may be just me, it seems like new Sonic model looks better but old Sonic animates better. Almost like they had to cut a few corners to make it work

Archived