'Sonic the Hedgehog' film discussion

Generations

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really know how I feel about the "We owe them to see it" mentality...

They should have made the shit right to begin with...(and who knows if they didn't). I'm certainly not the most trusting person on a good day...let alone, when a studio tells me they rushed to make something better for my enjoyment. I think we can all see how this movie went from an entirely skippable video game movie to one of the most talked about movies of the year...and I personally can't help but be at least somewhat suspicious of that. Especially when I know how much time and effort goes into cgi, and the turnaround seems suspiciously fast, IMO.

For the lack of going all the way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole...they very well could have made a fake trailer with garbage visuals and put it out however many months sooner than they knew the finished movie would be complete...and voila...free publicity, and lots of it. I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm just saying...it's an easy thing to do in this day and age.

I still don't get why they didn't just have Roger Craig Smith voice Sonic in this too. He's on both Wreck-It-Ralph films. He's been the voice ever since they got rid of Jason Griffith....god. The 5 years of him I had to suffer through was horrible. His Shadow voice was okay but his Sonic voice irritated the fk out of me. But that's a discussion for another topic so I'll end my rant with that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived