Is 2k19 a better game than 2k18 if your a legend fan?

iamthedoctor

2k16 has the most (I think)

Im a huge legends fan too but dont go by that. Gameplay wise 2K19 is a much more polished game (obviously far from perfect) then the others. CC in PS4 and Im sure Xbox has many legend caws that look just like the in game models in matches so thats something to consider too.

I haven't seen any Bushwackers in a topic here yet but somebody, can't remember who, posted some pretty heated Natural Disasters in the PS4 section. Cant remember off top what system you go with but, legends aside, 19 appears to be the game 18 wanted to be when it grows up in damn near every other regard

Be aware you may need to drop all of the old school wrestlers speed ratings though as the game is sped up over last years to the point it doesn't look nearly as natural as it did for their matches in the past.

Also the targeting and collision detection is super weird this year, which may or may not be a part of the speed increase. Everyone has wet noodle arm physics which leads to way more Mr.Fantastic glitches not just from moves, but now also strikes. Sometimes it looks like your wrestler has shattered their own arm from throwing a basic punch.

I haven't seen any Bushwackers in a topic here yet but somebody, can't remember who, posted some pretty heated Natural Disasters in the PS4 section. Cant remember off top what system you go with but, legends aside, 19 appears to be the game 18 wanted to be when it grows up in damn near every other regard

Im on PS4 and I cant remember who either but someone posted awesome natural disasters caws that I dld

I'd say no. The game has never feature so few legends. It's now played at a faster pace, too. I would also say many of the new moves added are all very modern superkick/flip based moves.

SvR 2009 has one

I'd say no. The game has never feature so few legends. It's now played at a faster pace, too. I would also say many of the new moves added are all very modern superkick/flip based moves.

SvR 2009 has one

that had legends DLC tho.

SvR 2010...had fewer i think

The number of legends will likely continue to decrease. From what I understand the contracts are set for a number of appearances and a lot of them expired this year. If the Mick Foley situation is anything to go by, the trend is likely to continue.

I agree on that. Ted Dibiase (non manager finally!) and Roddy Piper, plus a better looking version of late 90's HBK will get more play from me than the Bushwackers or Natural Disasters or even the Free Birds or Von Erichs. Wish they hadn't taken those guys out but meh, only guy I really used was Michael Hayes.

SvR 2009 has one

I remember they were supposed to be DLC for LOWM but the game sold badly so they just added them to SVR09

SvR 2009 has one

I remember they were supposed to be DLC for LOWM but the game sold badly so they just added them to SVR09

yeh i always heard that. Makes sense since there was really no legends in SvR 2009. And Bushwackers and Earthquake make way more sense to have been in LOWM.

but wasn't the DLC released just a month after LOWM came out? That doesn't seem like enuff time to all of a sudden move DLC to a completely different game.

SvR 2009 and LOWM were wildly different gameplay wise. So i cant imagine u could've made that DLC for LOWM, in then just in a couple weeks reprogram it.

It had to have always been intended for SvR 2009.

yeh i always heard that. Makes sense since there was really no legends in SvR 2009. And Bushwackers and Earthquake make way more sense to have been in LOWM.

but wasn't the DLC released just a month after LOWM came out? That doesn't seem like enuff time to all of a sudden move DLC to a completely different game.

SvR 2009 and LOWM were wildly different gameplay wise. So i cant imagine u could've made that DLC for LOWM, in then just in a couple weeks reprogram it.

LOWM allowed you to import over the SvR 2009 roster, so likelyhood is that the game was programmed to have certain moves become other moves on LOWM etc and the other way round making it easy to just put it onto SvR 2009 instead of LOWM

LOWM allowed you to import over the SvR 2009 roster, so likelyhood is that the game was programmed to have certain moves become other moves on LOWM etc and the other way round making it easy to just put it onto SvR 2009 instead of LOWM

u giving 2008 era THQ/Yukes too much credit. I aint heard of no magic importing from disc to disc since then.

The most likely scenario there, was that they had the SvR roster locked on the LOWM disc already. And its unlocked by ur save file or something to verify u own SvR.

u giving 2008 era THQ/Yukes too much credit. I aint heard of no magic importing from disc to disc since then.

The most likely scenario there, was that they had the SvR roster locked on the LOWM disc already. And its unlocked by ur save file or something to verify u own SvR.

Thats exactly it. Thats how it was explained after release.

This is correct.

To be honest, I only buy wwe games because of their legends and features. I am bummed some of my favorite wrestlers aren't in the game, but there are a whole lot of great CAWs. It's not as big of deal anymore truth be told, I can find a decent version for whomever I like. The creation tools are better than ever... I do however wish there were more legend movesets and entrances and a better selection of songs to use.

.. I always wondered why they didn't just reskin the newest 2k game and put all classic wrestlers (I'm using that term loosely, more or less anyone retired/semi-retired). Some of these guys could use the money and probably wouldn't be all that expensive to shove into the game. They have a huge pool of wrestlers from ECW, WCW and WWE to choose from. It's kind of silly. An it wouldn't have to be a yearly thing for a game like that. Put some extra money in their pockets and please fans like myself and many others.

To be honest, I only buy wwe games because of their legends and features. I am bummed some of my favorite wrestlers aren't in the game, but there are a whole lot of great CAWs. It's not as big of deal anymore truth be told, I can find a decent version for whomever I like. The creation tools are better than ever... I do however wish there were more legend movesets and entrances and a better selection of songs to use.

.. I always wondered why they didn't just reskin the newest 2k game and put all classic wrestlers (I'm using that term loosely, more or less anyone retired/semi-retired). Some of these guys could use the money and probably wouldn't be all that expensive to shove into the game. They have a huge pool of wrestlers from ECW, WCW and WWE to choose from. It's kind of silly. An it wouldn't have to be a yearly thing for a game like that. Put some extra money in their pockets and please fans like myself and many others.

tru...but the problem is ppl want both in same game.

I would be down with them doing a current game, and a legends game. I think they could mitigate ppl being annoyed with the rosters no longer being mixed, by having the parts from the other game....in the creation mode.

So say u make WWE 2k20 & and WWE 2KLegends game. U have 2k20 with the RAW/SmackDown rosters etc. Then the Legends game u get Macho & Sting etc. But in 2k20 creation mode. U have stings tights/boots/facepaint. Macho's trunks/headband/glasses etc.

As well as there hair. Hair is the important part. If someones hair isn't in the game. Ur screwed. Hair & Finishers kinda dictate who u make in a wrestling game.

Archived