Dragon Age Series

High Flying Maniac

kYAuZlV.png

Noticed we didn't have a Dragon Age thread and with the announce from the Game Awards I figured I'd make one. Speaking of which...

New Dragon Age game! I'm so *censored*ing excited holy *censored*!

A Message From Mark Darrah & Matthew Goldman – The Dread Wolf Rises

eb2mIZN.jpg

Hey everyone,

We have been working on a new Dragon Age™ game for quite a while now and I am pleased to finally tease the existence of this project!
While we won’t be sharing any details for now, I can tell you we have been building a new team around a core of Dragon Age veterans, people I’ve worked with on Dragon Age, Jade Empire™, and some of whom I’ve worked with since the Baldur’s Gate days.
While I have been focused on Anthem™, the rest of the team has been hard at work exploring ways to push BioWare’s storytelling to the next level.
I’m so excited to show you more!
Mark Darrah, Executive Producer
Making players into heroes of their own stories has been my real-life quest since Baldur’s Gate.
Over the years I’ve taken on increasing challenges: building vast living worlds, devising fun party-based combat and illustrating fantastic stories. Now, I’m honored and excited to continue BioWare’s rich legacy of colorful companions, romance and epic choices in my favorite fantasy franchise.
We’ve gathered our strongest team yet and are venturing forth on the most epic quest ever!
Matthew Goldman, Creative Director

After Origins (a contender for my favorite game of all time), I've been pretty disenchanted with this series. I think that Inquisition, while flawed, was a step in a better direction. Compared to 2, at least, which was woefully disappointing.

I'll always give every new entry in this series a shot, though, in hopes that it will recapture some of the magic from the first game.

• 1 month later...

After a short break I'm getting back into Inquisition. Went back to the latest save on my completed playthrough to try and get some of those trespasser schematics, brand and encore, and holy hell! *censored* that stupid harlequin tag mini game or whatever you wanna call it. Took me like 2-3 hours to tag all 5 of them to get the schematic.

For those unaware of what I'm talking about, it's basically a stealth mini game. These harlequins will spawn one at a time randomly around the map and if you enter their line of sight they'll disappear. You have to get them from behind or land on them if they're below you. Now the super fun part is that sometimes you need to slowly walk up behind them, other times you need to run at them. The whole purpose is to be stealthy so why do I sometimes have to run at them? It'd be a different story if there was any rhyme or reason for which ones you gotta sneak up on and which ones you run at but nope, completely random.

So grateful for the golden nug, won't have to deal with that BS again.

Archived