Using Other's Images..how do you feel about it?

Warbotter

Okay here's the deal, someone on community creations made a wrestler and it's just way off base. It just doesn't look very good, No offense meant by that.

This caw isn't re-uploadable but the images are perfect and hard to find, how does everyone feel about using the images to create a new caw version of the same person. Is this a bad idea? I ask here because it's the only one of that wrestler and is a missing piece of roster more people would most likely want.

I'd redo body, Moveset, Entrance and everything. Just curious how everyone would feel about that.

Also is it even possible to upload a new caw with images of a caw that is not re uploadable?

This is a general question, please be respectful of any opinion in this discussion.

Unfortunately, He doesnt speak english nor is able to contact in any way through psn . I ended up using the face image [which was really the big trouble as his mouth was always open or had wide eyes or side profile] and used a edited pants design. I also made it re uploadable . Really not trying to get credit just wanted a better version of the character for all. I also won't advertise the caw in anyway.

Just do it. It's a rasslin video game. People already take this stuff way too seriously. Is it lame when people copy and take credit for other people's creations? Sure. But people act like food is being taken out of their kid's mouths over it sometimes. It's just caws on a wrestling game.

Just do it. It's a rasslin video game. People already take this stuff way too seriously. Is it lame when people copy and take credit for other people's creations? Sure. But people act like food is being taken out of their kid's mouths over it sometimes. It's just caws on a wrestling game.

Yeah thats kinda how I feel about it myself, I had a few things stolen this year and I really didnt mind as they tweaked and made them a bit better honestly. And if the worse is switching out my uploads til I get another slot. so be it. I mean I already gave him credit for images in the details so hopefully that smooths it a bit. I still won't advertise as it seems lame to do. but if you can find my stuff you can find my new caw tweak

I've had custom logos i've made for custom wrestlers stolen from me in the past. I know its "just a game" but its still my hobby and I find it really frustrating and infuriating that, for instance, people steal my kickpad logos or such. It makes me less likely to show them off.

But thats just my take on it. I find it frustrating. Others might not, but I do.

And that is why I tried very hard to go through many avenues to communicate with this person. He doesnt seem to be hurting for downloads, which is good, I wouldn't have even thought of it if he wasn't already silver.

And that is why I tried very hard to go through many avenues to communicate with this person. He doesnt seem to be hurting for downloads, which is good, I wouldn't have even thought of it if he wasn't already silver.

I would do as you appear to already be doing. Use em but give credit, and keep an eye out in case they contact ya. :cool:

Thanks guys it was a hard decision, I spent a good week and a half looking for images I could use myself, I even tried pausing matches but it was just a no go. this attire is very elaborate in pattern. Again if he wasn't such a missing piece to complete a certain fed I wouldnt have even thought about it.

I've had custom logos i've made for custom wrestlers stolen from me in the past. I know its "just a game" but its still my hobby and I find it really frustrating and infuriating that, for instance, people steal my kickpad logos or such. It makes me less likely to show them off.

But thats just my take on it. I find it frustrating. Others might not, but I do.

Yeah, I do. I always try and get permission or give credit when using logos. To me it's nothing less than common courtesy.

I learned a long time ago that as long as you give credit, then it's okay. You're not advertising it as your own, you just want to make an improved version for the community. Like Dr Vries used to say " As long as you give credit for someone else work, then it's perfectly okay. As long as it gives back to the community."

This is hilarious, if you upload images on cc especially custom images an theyre dope you actually get mad that people use them? How? If someone uses it that means your work is fire, what you created is a great work for wrestling fans to use for their own guys. Theres literally millions of people on there searching an some arent as talented as you guys or precise with image cutting or whatever it is. I used some images that I found in the online image search for a couple of my caws.

This is hilarious, if you upload images on cc especially custom images an theyre dope you actually get mad that people use them? How? If someone uses it that means your work is fire, what you created is a great work for wrestling fans to use for their own guys. Theres literally millions of people on there searching an some arent as talented as you guys or precise with image cutting or whatever it is. I used some images that I found in the online image search for a couple of my caws.

It*s not about direct logo uploads. It's about passive logo uploads that come with downloaded CAWs and are always re-uploadable. When it comes to real life CAWs that often leads to people flat out copying other people's work and then uploading the CAW as their own with not credits given, sometimes leading to the original falsely being reported as a copycat.

In the past people used to falsely recieve warnings because of that.

People get mad because oftentimes the original creators don't get credit. When somebody takes a CAW or logo that you made and reuploads it to CC without crediting you, they essentially get downloads off of your hard work. That's stealing. If you want to use somebody's stuff, you ask first. Simple as that.

I see what you guys mean, that is whack to reupload someones hard work n pass off as your own. I did upload some images I needed to download to my other account n when I logged into my other account to download them, they had like 10 or 11 downloads I was like nooooo wait let me make my caw first ?. I deleted the logos quick asf. But def true about asking permission but what if they dont reply?

Wait, so you can upload pieces of a non reuploadable CAW? I thought when you mark the CAW as such it locks access to all the logos that came with it. That's not the case?

There is a way, But I am not even sure it's legal to explain on the forums. I do wish to thank everyone for being so respectful and considerate in this discussion, As was kind of my point for posting this in the first place, a real talk about how to rework someone else's creation in a respectful way, Especially when you run into the complications I did [We didn't speak same language and he had messages allowed only from friends]

• 2 weeks later...

If your keeping it for yourself, than I see no problem with it. Countless times I find myself messing with my downloaded CAWs. I personally wouldn't reupload them after I modified it slightly. The original uploader did most of the hard work.

Archived