You guys ever think about ending it

Ollie The Magic Bum

Not really as it makes me realize how many people would care. Even if you feel like nobody would care I'm sure that's not the case. It's incredibly cliche but things will get better. There's no possible way to know for sure but when I tell myself that I genuinely believe it and when I tell other people that I genuinely believe it as well. You just need to find a way to get through the really crappy parts so you can be there when it does get better.

There's always somebody who has it worse, somebody who would kill to be in your crappy position because it's far less crappy than their crappy position.

Ending it is quitting. Don't be a quitter. Nobody loses forever... Unless they end it. As long as you're still in, you've got a shot at winning. Might not happen tomorrow, the next day or even within the year but it'll happen eventually.

In short, I've thought about what happens when it ends, but never about actually ending it

Daily.

But I'm unlikely to ever do it though. It seems likely it would destroy my mother and some family members-bla bla, although it's human nature to move on quickly after death.

However, the thought of being dead kind of sucks for someone who thinks there is nothing in death and I kind of fear death, so that's always a plus.

I'm an alcoholic...so most of my time is spent thinking about how shitty and useless I am. But, nah...I would never do that. I think I had an epiphany once, where I thought to myself...if I was ever going to "end it", I might as well just go do something reckless instead. Like...walk across America or something. That way, if I died in the process, then it would already be the same outcome...and if I survived, I would have gained something in the process. :lol:

Anyway, have a happy and safe holiday, everyone. Stay positive.

* And I know it's an American holiday...but I hope everyone has a good one anyway.

So I'm going to get real here guys. Open the spoiler at your own risk.

The past few months, I've reached my lowest point. With so many factors seemingly against me, such as college, personal life, family, and my own self doubt, my depression reached its worst about a month ago when I decided to try to end it. I wrote a note, then headed off to jump off a bridge. I didn't go through with it. I walked back home, questioning myself on what had just happened. I went to my therapist and it was determined that I have Clinical Depression. Still waiting on getting a medical examination to get medication, but I still think about ending my life daily.

The past few months, I've reached my lowest point. With so many factors seemingly against me, such as college, personal life, family, and my own self doubt, my depression reached its worst about a month ago when I decided to try to end it. I wrote a note, then headed off to jump off a bridge. I didn't go through with it. I walked back home, questioning myself on what had just happened. I went to my therapist and it was determined that I have Clinical Depression. Still waiting on getting a medical examination to get medication, but I still think about ending my life daily.

Glad that you're still here.

Damn man, that's rough to hear. Glad you're still with us, because with the right treatment you can beat (or at least live with) it.

I am quite happy that you have stopped yourself from destroying yourself forever. You are valuable and so happy that you are still here with us.

Keep fighting, it's worth it. Hopefully in a few years, you'll be in a better place, look back, and be thankful you didn't kill yourself.

Prayers man

So what pulled you back? What was the thought in your head leading to the opt out?

So I rarely like to talk about this but by time I was in middle school I was cutting myself. I knew I was gay and hated myself for it, along with realizing my parents most likely wouldn't except me, I was also dealing with being bullied for being mentally disabled, and my last name. Skip to high school my brother graduated and my parents trusted me being alone, which couldn't be done with my brother, so they were constantly leaving (My dad's job required a lot of traveling). I was actually cutting the bottom of my feet that way I would have to walk on, if I didn't feel like that was enough I would place pebbles in my shoes. I never told anyone I was gay, my friend picked up on it though (the things enjoyed, probably suggested it). He then outed, and started to tell people that the only reason he was my friend was because I gave him decent blowjobs, and he suggested that I would do it for money. The school at this point was never willing to get involved (His parents donated money to school). Instead they would just say it would end after couple of weeks or that once I graduate it will get better. At this point I using all my energy to make my parents think I was happy. But while I was in I'd often times fall asleep, my head felt so heavy that I had trouble keeping lifted up. I was on the way to my science class, when over heard this girl (I knew since 6th ), she was talking about me and she said "I hope he commits suicide, I'm scared that if he doesn't he'll be worse the Columbine students." that weekend I swallowed about 100 Tylenol (which I didn't know that if you swallowed way more then the intended amount that it would force you to vomit, I was waiting for more to happen so I just waited on my bathroom floor) and downed with a can of beer. That was only my first attempt.. I go to therapy now every other week to help with my PTSD and depression.

Sounds like your friends need to learn the definition of "friend". Kids are the gaddamn worst. Glad you failed with the pills, but it sucks you even had to get to that point.

My dads boss just killed himself a couple of weeks ago. He had a lot of money and left behind an autistic son. Really sad.

That's garbage.

I guess it depends on how autistic the child is, but I'm sure most autistic children are going to read that as something they caused. Unacceptable.

Yeah plus the kid (well he's about 25 or so) was in the house and ran to the room after he heard the shots, but the guys GF stopped him. And to top it off the guy didn't even write a will. He had tons of money and a business and didn't get all this sorted out even though from what I hear he had already tried to kill himself a couple of times over the past few years.

Archived