KS Showcase 2019

ksdixon

As I feared that new BWX logo is way too busy on a background color that's not black or white. Maybe I could use it as some sort of secondary logo, but the concept of a different secondary company logo seems a little silly.

On the plus side, I've done a bit more work on modernizing the old BWA logo into a BWX one, and I'm happier.

Uhs0WHj.png

VSa7sYp.png

zkoXWr2.png

I'm concerned there's too much white (ropes, canvas, outer turnbuckle posts).

And I'm even more concerned about the video problem I'm having. The minitron entrance videos are knocking-off the images I have up there. No matter weather I set the images to Pattern B, individually turn off the minitron (ribbon) video in each CAW's Create-An-Entrance settings, which is bloody tedious. If setting the images on the minitron to Pattern A in a moment's time does not work (e.g. keep the images on the minitron video instead of knocking them off for the video to start playing), then I'm going to be extra pissed and also completely out of ideas on how to fix it. This crap used-to work easily under THQ.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn''t even have that under THQ, but yeah. I have the same problem. And the patterns never work for me regardless of what I use for any un-edited wrestler entrances.

Maybe make the ropes red? might help with the contrast. And maybe change the Apron blue to something slightly darker, so the logo stands out more

We didn't have it under THQ, LEGION?

I'm pretty certain that we used-to be able to set an image to stay on the screen without being knocke-off, and it was easy. I'm sure that it used to be either Pattern A or Pattern B, where one would be 'gets replaced by video' and the other would be 'video doesn't play at all'. Although I'll grant you, I can't remember if this was specifically the Titantron or Minitron, I may be remembering being able to do this on Walls layers.

This is what currently happens, for Minitrons at least -

- Pattern A - video shows-through images.
- Pattern B - video replaces images.

- Movie - video showed at all times.

- Off - screen is removed all together.
- Minitron videon turned-off in C-A-Entrance - Has no effect? The video still shows.

.... so it looks like I might be shit out of luck here.

Under THQ they would either completely disappear and be replaced by the trons or not at all, depending on the arena. I think the change came with 2k14 or 15. It's been a surprisingly long time since THQ were the publisher

That stuff is so annoying. because it did work in the past. but doesn't now reliably for some reason

Hold up a minute...

I downloaded Kell67's Thunder arena, shown working in a YouTube video for Goldberg (kept the Thunder stage image on during GB's entrance). No dice for my CAWs. So I then start a match with Goldberg and...

3L1fJEH.png

What the hell is this?

So C-A-Arena movie display settings (the thunder stage image on a video screen) work differently, depending on if you're using an in-game superstar verses a CAW?

Tried going from an Advanced entrance motion to an Easy motion, as I saw a reply earlier in the thread about advanced entrances being bugged-out. Easy entrances can't use the re-named entrances like Respect The Nation for NOD Farooq; only the current WWE stars in this game? Didn't realise that. This game is just full of stupid restrictions isn't it?

This "worked", as far as keeping the images on the screen. Though I doubt there's going to be too many Easy Entrances from in-game superstars that fit my characters personalities very well. Some animation won't fit my character, and bug my OCD to no end, I'm sure.

ebd1fYx.png

Sara's entrance (Easy), kept the images as they were supposed to be, but seems to have removed those Wall layers (probably because they were overlapping when I placed them in C-A-Entrance mode). By the way... is the video screen supposed to go all dotted like in Sara's entrance?

Cygh33Y.png

Angelus' entrance (Advanced), kept the walls intact, but completely replaced the titantron video screen with the video, and on the minitron it showed the video through the half-see-through image. I guess that Titantrons and Minitrons have different effects, despite both being set to Pattern A.

en1AgdJ.png

Just to show what the stage was supposed to look like... The curtains are supposed-to cover part of the minitron screen, and the titantron (placed there only for testing purposes) is supposed to hang in front of the curtains.

So far from all the testing, I think I can get closest to my desired entrance by removing the walls, turning every CAW I have into an Easy Entrance, and hoping that using a different video screen than that particular Minitron to stick images on won't produce such a ''dotted'' effect during entrances. This game is giving me a headache for sure.

xvVcrG6.png

Sara looks happy. I can't figure-out why back screen is so dark. Might be dependant on the lighting she uses in her entrance. But for now I've got a stage/ramp selection which doesn't show videos, and a titantron that keeps images on it despite titantron and minitron videos being set to ON.

PAHiw5v.jpg

A taste of things to come. Lion's Den 2019 will be a tournament for exclusively new CAWs, seeing if I can kick-up a few interesting characters to return next year...

I'm not entirely sure what impacts what on the entrances. Both Sara and this CAW I've dubbed Aubrey (for now) use easy entrances, which fixes the Titantron. Aubrey's ramp video doesn't play due to the choice of stage/ramp I have in place. All those are good. What confuses me is that Sara has ring post videos turned off; and Aubrey has them turned on in their C-A-Entrance settings. But turning Aubrey from Advanced to Easy, makes Aubrey not show them, even though they're turned-on. Again, as far as I'm concerned that's good. It means less editing for me to turn them off for every CAW. I just hope that it 'sticks', and isn't some kind of glitch which means next year I'll have to edit every CAW's entrance etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Lion's Den 2019 did indeed produce some keepers.

Anastasia had some really funky moves, like the front wheel kick that Matt Hardy used to do. I also liked how her face turned-out. Not sure about that blue hair, but it was my wife's caw based on some anime character that I threw a 2nd attire onto for use in the tournament. I don't know how to develop her as a character, but the strange whacky moveset is something I would like to bring forward, even if it's onto a new character.

Kendall Harris I liked her kick-based moveset, and have gone-on to give her a black/white and lime green outfit kind of modelled after Xpac. Her moveset will sit somewhere between Xpac and Low Ki/KAVAL.

Laura has at the moment gained the last name Monroe, and looks to be something of a show-off glamorous character. I'm not sure on her attire yet, but I look forward to developing her more on the next game.

Aubrey is going to have to get away from the Dean Malenko tights logo and maybe get a name change, but I like having a pitbull on the roster that just attacks without remorse.

Lain was a nice surprise. something of a boring moveset, but the body proportions on her exuded strength. Id like to investigate her more next game. But again, she probably needs a better name.

Blood was a lazy visual prototype. I just threw blood logos all over. Some nice moves that I'll pinch for Kendall Harris, but I want to re-do Blood as a new masked Japanese character next year. I may revisit Venom (female Toxic) from a few years back and see what I can come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Kendall Harris I liked her kick-based moveset, and have gone-on to give her a black/white and lime green outfit kind of modelled after Xpac. Her moveset will sit somewhere between Xpac and Low Ki/KAVAL...

Y0wfwsa.png

Laura has at the moment gained the last name Monroe, and looks to be something of a show-off glamorous character. I'm not sure on her attire yet, but I look forward to developing her more on the next game.

LTc1dzC.pngmaQfzIq.png

A slight visual update for Dianna Richards, current BXW Women's Champion. This makes her less busy-looking. Sometimes simplicity is more, I guess. For Dianna I've decided to keep her as my residant goth-looking chick. No one else really has those visual qualities to them.

bIrdSWL.png

The BWX Women's Title has a black front and a blue inlay. Males will be red and tag team will be white.

9SPOKhG.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll have to re-make LH. He got wiped-away in preparation for the new game.

What a let down that turned-out to be. It was so bad I bought a gaming laptop and wwe 2k19 on steam. Other games run fine, but wwe 2k19 ran in slow motion in-matches no matter what tweaks I made, so i refunded wwe 2k19 to steam. the laptop can't be returned as it's been switched-on blah blah, their return policy sucks, so thanks for the extra debt around my neck, 2K. You ****holes.

Anyway.. onto creative ideas, shall we?

I was discussing with Leon about TNB (TheNewBlood Wrestling), and I:W (Innovation:Wrestling) efeds from the past, because he wants to represent them in his current CAW Show on YouTube, HollywoodLadiesWrestling. Basically, we couldn't decide which time period to represent, as both had their plusses. So I decided to go with a new logo which referenced all different eras. Say hellow to New Blood:Innovation Wrestling.

EvlYwm1.png

Leon himself is trying to decide weather to include males in his CAW Show, but the company is currently called Hollywood Ladies Wrestling, so he was trying to purpose another L word into the middle, whilst I was trying to substitute other words like Championship. None of it was great. So I decided to just start messing around with Hollywood Wrestling. This kept the Hollywood branding strong, and his males generally fit into that descriptor in one way or another (showoff character, rich character etc)

X5f5yBq.png

And finally, whilst I was on a logo creation kick, I tried something new for BWX again, rather than modernizing the old classic BWA logo into a BWX logo.

NApnzga.png

VlQLdC9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone able to still get logos uploaded into 2K19 on PS4? Can I send someone logos and they upload them to CC servers for me to get? I'm pretty much stuck.

I've tried the 2nd PSN account trick and it's simply not working for me. Site says logos are uploaded, game says nothing in the incoming tab.

ABfcTOh.png

The sideplates show-off BWX, the company the belt is for. As well as HLW (Hollywood Luxurious Wrestling - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs5ea98zFz6sKdNezgAk7Bw ), and NB:IW (Covering all eras of the old efed, if some legendary characters decide to pop their head into BWX, wink, wink). Currently thinking of adding different company logos on the right side, if people allow me to add their company logos.

Also showcased are the title holders from 2019 and 2020 (which I'll be running on WWE 2K19 most likely, because I can't see 2k20 getting fixed).

The main plate houses the main flags I want represented (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan), but the most highlighted flag is the UK flag down at the bottom, because that's where BWX is based. I'm toying with the idea of adding another flag to each side of the BWX logo, to make 3 on each side, but I'm not really sure which country's would stand in good with the current lineup. Anyone got suggestions?

• 1 month later...

wUHzbDX.png

EmN1XAQ.png

Soo... AEW isn't really hitting the spot for me. NWA POWERRR is. I figured it was time to merge the two, and see what I can come-up with for a current-day mixed fed in Universe Mode.

I have a simillar thing going-on in EWR booking game, where a custom IMPACT 2014 has people from 2014-2017 etc.

• 4 weeks later...

UF6j3er.png

The current BWX Title

I used variants of the normal Germanic and Russian flags just to spice things up.

Side plates need some work. I haven't decided if I want to take-away the bottom globe and move the affiliate company logos into that area - of if that would just make the faceplate look over-cluttered instead.

Rj56wDs.png

• 4 months later...

hLzr9qX.jpg

NEON / Natasha Elizabeth Otero-Nevitt
Very happy with the hair dye hack, and getting her into a short hairstyle that suits her because so many of the longer hairs are repeated amongst my other caws. Outfit is a knock-off of an Io Sharai outfit, but there's a reason why she looks like this, as she's part of a tag team that wears this neon green color. She's still a high flying cruiserweight.

f4BBW8e.png

Kendall Harris

Resident MMA enthusiast. Lots of nice kicks, falling somewhere between Xpac and Low Ki. Once again, I feel like this character fits both the hair styles she has, as neither are used much, but I just love her messy hair and freckles, and also the tied-hair suits the MMA style too. I'm not sure on the Emma outfit I'm using as her top, but for now it seems to work well.

PNHyV4m.jpg

KC Quinn

Sister to Ethan Quinn, KC is another high flyer in the British Wrestling Xperience roster. Again with this caw, I love how the hair dye hack turned-out, as she uses a hairstyle that you don't see many CAW's using, especially women. Together with her brother, Ethan Quinn, they are currently locked in a war against another British brother & sister pairing, Bobby and Sara Williams.

GaywQm7.jpg

Sara Williams

The jacket is supposed to be an Olympics jacket, or a Steiner Brothers-style varsity team letter jacket. Featuring the new BWX logo. This version of Sara has been completely retooled to wrestle like a British version of Kurt Angle, which was the original vision behind her dad Keith Williams, and Bobby Williams at certain stages of his career.

Archived