CTL (nicodemoscain's CAWs) [SO MANY ADDITIONS...3/14/19]

nicodemoscain

UPDATE 3/14: I've been busy. Here's everything I've done for the past two months. Seriously, I'm done now. lol 25 CAWs is good enough for me.

UPDATE NOTE 1/1: So I started playing around with face textures after taking the advice of some people seeing my CAWs. Not everyone has a new face yet and I don't know just how far into it I want to get this year. I honestly am not ready to completely reinvent the wheel just yet. Maybe next year's game I might give everyone a face. For now, I'm done editing my wrestlers and making new ones. I just want to play the game at this point. Everyone that got a new face has it beside their name. (And I'm new with face textures, so take them as they are. I'll get better.) Also added Mike Simpson and Mark Taylor.

Hey all. I've been lurking here for a while now and want to finally introduce myself. I'm nicodemoscain and run the Cross That Line (CTL) Wrestling Alliance. I've been picking some good CAWs you guys have been making and want to say THANK YOU ALL! It's revitalized my love for the Universe Mode in the games. I want to share some of my CAWs here to give back to the community. I've only got 5 main CAWs I work on every year, but they are all 20 year veterans of WWF/WWE games stretching back to WWF War Zone on the PS1. I'll post my first tonight when I get a chance, so keep a look out and thanks once again to you all.

Nicodemos Cain

Nicodemos Cain

First up is Nicodemos Cain, my namesake. Created way back in WWF War Zone on the PS1, he's been my mainstay ever since. Multiple Tag Team, Intercontinental, US, World, WWE, whatever champion. (Too many to count. 20 years with a CAW is a lot. I do plan on playing those games again just to see if the stats say what he earned. I will say it has to be 20+ time World Champion at least.) He went from being a copy of American Badass Undertaker to being a Brock Lesnar clone, to borrowing a bit from every wrestler I liked through my life. He is the head of Cross That Line, a stable created in the vein of Degeneration-X. He has a brother and tag team partner, Alexander Cain, and a new younger brother added this year: Daniel Cain.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 270

Overall: 89

Tags: CTL19, ORIGINAL, CAWS.WS

BcZVj2P.jpg

ojlmh5p.jpg

Second attire is a throwback to the older games.

0BmpXYU.jpg

Here's a collage I made recently that has almost all of the games he's been in. I only recently found out I had made him in the PS1 games, so those aren't in there. Don't look too closely at last year's iteration. I honestly did not play that game that much and only used him in the MyCareer mode.

w4Zh3Oj.jpg

Alexander Cain

Alexander Cain

Younger brother of Nico. Always in big brother's shadow, but always ready to put big bro down a peg or two if need be. Together, they form Cross That Line, a faction that has went through many changes and members over the years. Has recently trimmed up and packed on some muscle in the games. Always fun for me to play since Alex has a more kick and flip style of play than Nico.

Height: 6'2

Weight: 265

Overall: 83

mWy9Xx4.jpg

u7ZCXCD.jpg

And as with Nico, I also made a collage of Alex's old versions. (He didn't change much and missed a lot of years.)

RFLaiZu.jpg

Daniel Cain

Daniel Cain

For the first time in 10 years, I've decided to make more caws. This is Daniel Cain, youngest brother of the Cain family. Bold, cocky, way too green...but he's come along with the brothers to be the third member of CTL. Since he's so new and I haven't flexed my creative muscles in a long while, he is kind of generic for now. I'm sure in the years to come, he will change and evolve.

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 250

Overall: 81

6Yi36cO.jpg

ScChJsh.jpg

Cross That Line (CTL Tag Team and Stable)

Cross That Line

Team Announce: The Outlaws

Nicodemos Cain, Alexander Cain, Daniel Cain

Tag Team Moves: Doomsday Device 3

Tag Entrance: Generic Tag 9

Trio Entrance: The Shield

(Movie is DX. All other video stuff is The Ascension. Music is Hardcore 1)

Tag Victory: Face: Generic Tag 2

Heel: Authors of Pain

Belts: Face: Generic 2

Heel: Generic 4

Trio Victory: Face: The Shield

Heel: The Shield

Sarah Jenson (NEW ATTIRE)

Sarah Jenson

Made up in a short story in high school and turned into a caw way back in WWF Smackdown 2 as a way to have a female wrestler, Sarah has become one of my favorite caws to play. Especially now that I have given her a stable of her own, Heaven's Angels. Her evolution has been amazing especially now that there is a much bigger focus on women's wrestling.

Got rid of the dreadlocks and skirt and decided to do a color swap on the tag team attire to a gold/black/white. It really pops a lot more than the red/black/white.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 160 lbs

Overall: 84

ReuE00u.jpg

ConL7Kg.jpg

NEW ATTIRE

c4MeExt.png

And another collage from older games.

iIJ3Z78.jpg

Nicole Pierce (NEW ATTIRE)

Nicole Pierce

Another new addition this year especially so that I can run a Women's Tag Team Championship, Nicole is honestly mostly me messing around with the randomizer feature and it turned out really good in my eyes. She's a bit more fun and sporty than Sarah, also a bit more "girly" as it were. The fun third of Heaven's Angels.

Threw out the first attire completely and decided on a color swap on the tag team attire. The new gold/black/white pops a lot more than the old red/black/white.

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 170 lbs

Overall: 90

4LRcE02.jpg

2ZUgCGP.jpg

NEW ATTIRE

CiLQ7uq.png

Angela Little (NEW ATTIRE)

Angela Little

And my final new caw this year. I let my creativity flow on this one.I'm really proud of how she turned out. The powerhouse of the Heaven's Angels. 'Nuff said.

The green attire is now gone and it is just a color swap between the red/black/white to the gold/black/white.

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 227

Overall: 87

xOOIUlb.jpg

imr7okF.jpg

NEW ATTIRE

Hc1G074.png

Heaven's Angels (Tag Team and Stable)

Heaven's Angels

Team Announce: None

Sarah Jenson, Nicole Pierce, Angela Little

Tag Team Moves: Extreme Combination

Tag Entrance: World Class Siblings

(Movie is Bo Dallas. All other video stuff is something red: Dana Brooke, Lars Sullivan, etc,. Music is Stars 1)

Trio Entrance: Generic Trio 2

Tag Victory: Face: World Class Siblings

Heel: The Iiconics

Belts: Face: Generic Tag Champions 1

Heel:Generic Tag Champions 3

Trio Victory: Face : Generic Trio Victory 4

Heel: The Undisputed Era

Sicko

Sicko

Once known as Bob Martin, a joke character made just for the laughs, he is now a mentally fractured prison reject. Based entirely on a Halloween costume I had made several years ago that I also used onstage in a metal band. (It's true.) He's a multiple Hardcore champion and does great in any hardcore, steel cage, or demented match type.

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 320

1BQ2xvX.jpg

8CoL7DH.jpg

2nd attire.

PMEbxag.jpg

Here's a collage of how he has evolved through the games. The first are of Bob Martin, then he changed somewhere along the line.

RNFdV1J.jpg

Papa Bloat

Papa Bloat

My second oldest character. Created in WWF War Zone right beside Nicodemos Cain. He has become a running joke unto himself. There's a long story behind the name and character, but it's between me and my friends for now. Not to be taken seriously at all even though I somehow turn him loose in a Universe mode and he starts winning championships. It's weird how that works. The story here could be a random joke character that started making money and became a pimp. Makes the most sense to me. Somewhere along the line, I had a story of him climbing a mountain in Japan to learn wrestling from a true master, hence the tattoos, but I barely remember what the whole story was. Since he has been the joke caw I make every year, I don't put much effort into him at all. Tall and big and lots of tattoos. The end.

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 369

Overall: 80

nd9dDKm.jpg

3lCAtTB.jpg

And that crazy collage...

7xyErOC.jpg

"Conqueror" Nathaniel Amberly

"Conqueror" Nathaniel Amberly

Something new I came up with over the last couple weeks. Part of a grander stable that I will release as I get them done. He is a full-on Ric Flair type of heel. Egotistical, arrogant, and self-righteous. He was meant to be called "The Conqueror", but I settled on "The Narcissist". I figure someone with a face and a voice could easily conquer just as well as a big bruiser.

Weight: 255

Overall: 91

2iggKmr.jpg

JBr3bEn.png

Vanessa Torres

Vanessa Torres

Built solely as a manager for Nathaniel Amberly, I decided to give her a full entrance and ring gear to have another female wrestler. I built her around that Lana/Zelina Vega/Sunny type of manager. Not much else there. It is what it is. I can say I am pretty proud of her face, I spent several days trying to find just the right look for her.

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 175

Overall: 79

lO8eR2U.jpg

xDC75GV.jpg

Manager Attire:

Z5cQOSe.jpg

"War Machine" Stan Jones

"War Machine" Stan Jones

I've always wanted to build a drop dead power monster and here he is. Loosely modeled on a local wrestler here in Indiana named Russ Jones. Pure brute heel in the vein of early Braun Strowman. I spent all weekend doing the tattoos on him. My first attempt at doing created sleeves from different smaller tattoos. I have an idea of what to do and what not to do, so I can be better next time. Along with Nathaniel Amberly, part of a grand stable that I am still working on.

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 350

Overall: 92

fORtFBR.jpg

AOsUCsw.jpg

Attire 2

4koqknD.jpg

"The Judge" Mike Simpson

"The Judge" Mike Simpson

Mike is a play off of Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Jake Roberts and Daniel Bryan. Not physically so much, but in spirit. I wanted a technical, yet rough and tumble technical wrestler who has a very devious and sadistic side. He's seen some things. No one knows just where he got the scars on his chest and face. He says he wrestled a bear while running in the Canadian woods, but he's a truly devious man, so you can't know what is and isn't true with him.

Weight: 226

Overall: 93

6w1b3Yt.jpg

XcWFjct.jpg

"Death March" Mark Taylor

"Death March" Mark Taylor

Mark is everything dark and sadistic in my favorite WWE monsters. Taker, Wyatt, Kane, Bam Bam, King Kong Bundy...you name it, I took a bit of inspiration. There's not much more to say here. If you know those guys I just listed, you know this guy. (Believe it or not, his Ouija tattoo comes from a good friend of mine that has the same tattoo on his stomach. His is better of course, but this is a little bit of real life seeping into the games.)

Height: 6'10"
Weight: 280

Overall: 95

i2RC4bQ.jpg

oTQhz8K.jpg

The Four Horsemen (Tag Team and Stable)

If you caught the theme of the 4 new guys or not, here it is. They are the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. (It's a stretch, but a technical guy that can choke your breath away as famine fits. And a pretty boy who comes in as a nice guy and stabs you in the back will conquer more nations than anything else. It all fits. At least in my mind.

The Four Horsemen

Team Announce: The Four Horsemen

War Machine, Mark Taylor, Mike Simpson, Nathaniel Amberly

Tag Team Moves: The Reckoning

Tag Entrance: The Authors of Pain

Trio Entrance: The Authors of Pain (with Mike Simpson as manager)

(All movies and whatnot are Kane. (Gotta love that flame.) Music is Traditional 2.)

Tag Victory: Face: The Authors of Pain

Belts: Face: Authors of Pain

Trio Victory: Face: Authors of Pain

Billy Steele (NEW)

Billy Steele

Billy and Bryan Steel come from an idea I've had for a while of a twin brother tag team based on some friends I went to school with. I had a lot of fun creating the tights for these guys. Believe it or not, the design actually comes from a pair of wrestling tights you can buy online. I'm pretty happy how they came together. Also, I based their moves and styles on The Rockers.

Weight: 225

Overall: 88

WCuRklW.png

WkopCP6.png

And a less colorful version.

VJ3GqgD.png

Bryan Steele (NEW)

Bryan Steele

Billy and Bryan Steel come from an idea I've had for a while of a twin brother tag team based on some friends I went to school with. I had a lot of fun creating the tights for these guys. Believe it or not, the design actually comes from a pair of wrestling tights you can buy online. I'm pretty happy how they came together. Also, I based their moves and styles on The Rockers.

Weight: 228

Overall: 88

rtkOT9U.png

9dqB4Yn.png

And a less colorful version.

loiChWx.png

Steele Dragons (NEW TAG TEAM)

Steele Dragons

Billy Steele, Bryan Steele

Team Announce: The Misfits

Tag Team Moves: Superkick/Knee Smash Combo

Tag Entrance: Last Names Only

Tag Victory: Face: Last Names Only

Heel: Last Names Only

Belts: Face: Generic Tag 1

Heel: Generic Tag 1

Bob Martin (NEW)

Bob Martin

So I decided to pull a Mick Foley with Bob Martin where he plays two gimmicks at once. Bob Martin IS Sicko, but I decided to resurrect an old faction from the PS2 days that never took off, so here he is. Bob is based off of an old photo of me that I had from 1991 or 92 that became a running joke in the games. Known as The Freak in the early games, Bob was my Hardcore nutjob when I needed one. He's truly out of his mind.

Weight: 320

Overall: 85

TW1jWg9.png

jst9YMN.png

Derrick Griffin (NEW)

Derrick Griffin

Derrick is based on an old friend from back in high school that was like a brother to me. A bit of an ego-maniac and a bit of a fighter, but always had your back in the end. A good dude that sadly passed away back in 2000. This is the first time I've brought myself into putting him into any wrestling games.

Weight: 300

Overall: 84

CFHHaS3.png

1a5Ty0p.png

Rick Warner (NEW)

Rick Warner

Another buddy of mine from school and a CAW from the PS2 days. He was the prototype for Alexander Cain, believe it or not. A true down and dirty big guy that takes no crap and gets his way whether you like it or not.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245

Overall: 94

adcj7uC.png

nYpsmBm.png

Peter Wheeler (NEW)

Peter Wheeler

And our self-described "red-headed stepchild" of our group from high school. He is more of a thinker and less of a fighter. More than likely, he was talked into doing this by the other guys instead of doing it himself. Which is pretty much what would have happened in real life as well. This is his first time in any of my wrestling games.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 196

Overall: 77

onKpGpK.png

18WsKy6.png

League of Insanity L.O.I. (NEW Tag Team)

Here's where reality starts becoming a bit too real when I decide to include a club from high school into my video games. The LOI was a legit thing that me and my friends had back in the day. We even had weekly newsletters. (No, really.) I tried starting it back in the PS2 days just to have a faction, but it never came to fruition. It eventually became Cross That Line. This is more for me and more for fun, but it's open to anyone who wants a silly faction.

League of Insanity L.O.I.

Bob Martin, Derrick Griffin, Rick Warner, Peter Wheeler

Team Announce: The League

Tag Team Moves: Doomsday Device 3

Tag Entrance: The Dream Team

Trio Entrance: Generic Trio 2

Tag Victory: Face: Generic Tag 9

Heel: Generic Tag 9

Belts: Face: Generic Tag 1

Heel: Generic Tag 3

Trio Victory: Face: Generic Trio 1

Heel: Generic Trio 1

Nam Erehwon (NEW)

Nam Erehwon

Nam was created as a counter to Nicodemos back in the PS2 days. I remember thinking of making the most dark and disturbing thing I could. I remember the original had a messed up face and dressed so much in black that you could barely see him. I brought him back just to see if I could. I had been thinking about it for a couple of games now, but finally pulled the trigger. He's dark and brooding. What more do you need. It's a bit of that 12 year old kid obsessed with dark characters that have flooded the CC online coming out in me.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 240

mjbZ0LL.png

nzi5ln1.png

Phoenix (NEW)

Phoenix

I had no real desire to ever resurrect this monstrosity from my PS2 days, but I said why not. More of a joke like Papa Bloat than anything else. He's based on The Humungus from The Road Warrior. (I even made The Humungus in one of the games actually.) Just a big, mean bad ass that crushes everything he sees. He matches well against my new Four Horsemen monsters, so I'm not regretting it entirely.

Height: 7'0"
Weight: 350

Overall: 92

cnG2Sea.png

7BW05pD.png

0AvqpXd.png

Queen (NEW)

Queen

Another of the oddities made the same time that Phoenix was made. Back then I needed a nemesis for Sarah Jenson, so I created Queen. She's devious and treacherous. Somewhat based on Fortune from Metal Gear Solid 2, which came out about the same time I first made her in Just Bring It.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 169

Overall: 94

vtw8XRm.png

6GN1tMP.png

GnkJTO8.png

Vamp (NEW)

Vamp

Now, where Queen was based on Fortune from MGS2, Vamp is pretty much ripped off from MGS2. I really had no creativity back then. I was just making joke characters for the sake of making them. Bringing him back now, I figured he would actually fit in this day and age. Especially since I now run my universe mode as a local promotion than through WWE. I can see some random jobber in a bingo hall somewhere wearing a fishnet top with fake teeth thinking he is a vampire. It oddly works.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 260

Overall: 87

D9XP8oU.png

Lt1LLqv.png

D.O.A. (NEW STABLE)

This stable was a thing way back in JBI so I brought it back again. Back then I called it Desolation of Absolution, but DOA works better now.

D.O.A.

Phoenix, Vamp, Queen

Team Announce: The Disciples of the Apocalypse

Tag Team Moves: Fall of Man

Tag Entrance: The Brothers of Destruction 2

Trio Entrance: The Authors of Pain (with Queen as manager)

Tag Victory: Face: The Brothers of Destruction 2

Heel: The Brothers of Destruction 2

Belts: Face: The Brothers of Destruction 2

Heel: The Brothers of Destruction 2

Trio Victory: Face: The Wyatt Family 1

Heel: The Wyatt Family 1

Samantha Cain (NEW)

Samantha Cain

The sister to the Cain family. I wanted a green, fresh-faced kid running around and the idea of a younger sister that constantly wants to be like the brothers was perfect. I have this idea of Nico keeping her from getting too big for her britches as she grows up in the industry. And I cannot wait until I can start maturing her through the games in the coming years. It's going to be interesting. I know she could pair well with Aimee Barber, but I just have no more room for female tag teams. But they can pair well.

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 132

Overall: 80

mX35A4u.png

kOXbU0p.png

Aimee Barber

Aimee Barber

Aimee started out as something completely different than what she started out as. She was a dark-haired Alundra Blaze/Sasha Banks type that the more I kept looking at her, she just needed something different. So I started with her face and the freckles happened, then the hair changed, then she started morphing into a more punk rock/metal chick that just happens to be a gamer. It worked. I do love it when crazy ideas come out of nowhere.

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 134

Overall: 78

wuT4J2r.jpg

URrQDJ7.jpg

RVo4Eto.jpg

• 1 month later...

I remember seeing you a while ago on r/WWEGames and I downloaded Nicodemos, Alexander, Sicko and Papa Bloat a long time ago. I really hope you can make more CAWs like this because your CAWs are some of my favorites out there. Definitely going to download Daniel Cain.

Wow. Thanks a lot! I dont know if I will, but you never can tell. I see so many creators that will make entire shows full of people and I said I never wanted to do that kind of thing, but Ive had so many crazy ideas pop up over the past month that I keep thinking of at least trying them out. Well see how it goes.

Some of those tattoo's and attire logos are really well done. Only thing i'd suggest is getting to grips with Face Textures. If you have a moment, search for me on YouTube, I have a video of how to do them using free software.

Just saw that you uploaded a guy called "Mike Simpson". Can't wait to hear what he's all about, I first thought he was Drew McIntyre.

I havent been able to get pictures and a bio up yet. Im doing family gatherings all weekend. I threw him up there just to see if anyone would bite on him. Im less than 50 downloads away from the next tier. Hes more of a Chris Benoit type. Submission machine and all of that. I was just working on him today and changed him up a fair bit. It was suggested that I start using face textures, so he and some of the new ones Ive made now have faces. Ill post him here hopefully tonight.

Just saw that you uploaded a guy called "Mike Simpson". Can't wait to hear what he's all about, I first thought he was Drew McIntyre.

I havent been able to get pictures and a bio up yet. Im doing family gatherings all weekend. I threw him up there just to see if anyone would bite on him. Im less than 50 downloads away from the next tier. Hes more of a Chris Benoit type. Submission machine and all of that. I was just working on him today and changed him up a fair bit. It was suggested that I start using face textures, so he and some of the new ones Ive made now have faces. Ill post him here hopefully tonight.

The announcer likes to call him "Man of a thousand holds" but do a thousand different variations of the armbar really fit that nickname? He really seems more like a powerhouse with some technical skill if you ask me. He's pretty original and fun to play as though.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend but I'm sure he's very proud of you right now. I'm surprised at how many CAWs you pumped out in such a short time, they're all pretty high quality as well. Can't wait to play as them.

Peter, Derrick and Rick all have the standard overalls, I've noticed this happening a lot when I download CAWs. Re-downloading never seems to work. If you can, try to figure out what the problem is.

very nice work my friend !

Thank you. Since Ive been off work for a couple of weeks, Ive had way too much spare time on my hands. Its been fun putting these together.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend but I'm sure he's very proud of you right now. I'm surprised at how many CAWs you pumped out in such a short time, they're all pretty high quality as well. Can't wait to play as them.

Peter, Derrick and Rick all have the standard overalls, I've noticed this happening a lot when I download CAWs. Re-downloading never seems to work. If you can, try to figure out what the problem is.

Ive never heard of the overalls thing before but Ill look into it. Its not like theyre wearing all the same things that could make them glitch out either...unless its the LOI logo on the shirts. I have heard random things about images glitching in the game. I will definitely look that up.

very nice work my friend !

Thank you. Since Ive been off work for a couple of weeks, Ive had way too much spare time on my hands. Its been fun putting these together.

Ive never heard of the overalls thing before but Ill look into it. Its not like theyre wearing all the same things that could make them glitch out either...unless its the LOI logo on the shirts. I have heard random things about images glitching in the game. I will definitely look that up.

I was talking about the overall points, not the attire, sorry for not making it clearer but Peter, Derrick and Rick all have an 84 overall with every stat being 70.

Archived