WarGreymon's Domain (PS4) - WM VIII & WCW Japan

WarGreymon77

Remember the WarGreymon77 tag!

Bronze Arena Slots - Beware big images

It's showtime, folks!
ZzvHOj3.jpg

Did you notice the red and teal lights? I based them on the real Nitro. WCW used those 2 colors for the overhead lights above the ring on just about everything except maybe Spring Stampede or something. I've gotta say, I LOVE the new flare effects around the lights. These were added in 2K18. I love them because they recreate the look of WCW's lights. For some reason, WCW always had that look, but the WWF didn't, to my knowledge. Without further adieu, all arenas are uploaded as shows and as arenas unless otherwise mentioned. Arenas tend to be more popular. I was both impressed and disappointed with CAA mode this year. They got rid of the notorious "purple glitch", and logos don't get washed out. However, the stage area got DARK, as did titantrons and minitrons. This might become a problem later on, as I darkened some logos years ago because titantrons used to make everything super bright. And one thing that I hate is that I actually have LESS control over the arena lighting than I used to have.

WCW Monday Nitro
My pride and joy. I ran into a few snags here and there, such as losing a few of my old logos, and the titantron being darker than I expected. She may not be perfect, but she is mine.
eCIccHY.jpg

Oh and the thumbnail on CC makes the 2 steel WCWs at the entrance look dark, but I assure you

VHnWBBT.jpg

They're not! And I always wanted to have the translucent WCW Monday Nitro LIVE! watermark, and now I do.

WCW Thunder
I hate that I have less control over the lighting this year. I'm going to miss my blue crowd. But at the same time, I feel more confident in this Thunder than I ever have before for one of my Thunder arenas. Slapping a screenshot on a titantron might seem lazy to some people, but it looks great in my opinion, and really the only option for a lot of retro arenas. And technically it's a similar concept to what WWE does all the time now with its LED boards ;)
6VTbezo.jpg

WCW Saturday Night
Featuring a new and improved "Door". Even LESS control over the lights in this arena. In other words, none.
Q3Ffdcw.jpg

WCW SuperBrawl
lwDzCIy.jpg

WCW Uncensored
JArGdrD.jpg

WCW Spring Stampede
gHKvkos.jpg

WCW Slamboree
AVfFLhq.jpg

WCW Great American Bash
Ol' Glory never looked so good. I was excited to try out the new "Steel (Cloth)" barricades.
nTxiYHY.jpg

WCW Bash at the Beach
I struggled to remember how to make this one, but I got it done.
e8DIYZj.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions
I'm really excited about this one. Brand new stage logo this year, and I finally seem to have nailed that grayish light blue that WCW loved on its PPV ring skirts for some reason.
WFV5iRi.jpg

Silver Arena/Show Slots

WCW Road Wild
Well, it ain't much to look at, but I didn't really have much to work with. If you decide to change the time of day (It's set to Evening), make sure you change the color of the Titantron to match.
sfhRZSJ.jpg

WCW Fall Brawl
Too bad we still can't do anything close to a War Games match in it.
WSOoTVC.jpg

WCW Halloween Havoc
I was telling everybody about how my old computer got hit by that thunderstorm. Well, one of the logos that got stuck on my old hard drive is the one I was using for the Slim Jim turnbuckle posts.
F7Nc8ER.jpg

WCW World War 3
Still can't hold a Royal Rumble in this ring...
fSC4zEX.jpg

WCW Starrcade
gnSZCTL.jpg

nWo Souled Out
qMHXBWi.jpg

WCW/NJPW Supershow
I took a little liberty here with the apron.
oousCU4.jpg

Wrestlemania VIII
JC9IsuQ.jpg

Good to have you back, I used a ton of your arenas last year.

i noticed a glitch that a lot of arena creators are talking about, and you touched on it with the lighting. If you have an outdoor arena and have the match set to evening or night, the ring is also dark. It's freaky looking. So watch out for that.

Nice Nitro arena! Im loving the light effect. Finally, a true form Nitro. I just wish the option was there for a shorter ramp. Nitro around that time always had a short entrance ramp. But, thats not on you though. Good job with the arena. Im waiting for the day that 2K decides to add WCW Thunder.

Thunder and Saturday Night uploaded.

Can you do Starcade next please ??

Unfortunately not for a long time. I'm trying to do the PPVs in 1997 calendar order for the most part. I feel like I'm going at a snail's pace this year. Normally I'd have 5 arenas uploaded all at once. I guess I'm getting old.

My memory of these old arenas must be slipping. I tried working on SuperBrawl, but then I realized I forgot how to do it! I think I'll look at my 2K17 screenshots first...

Spring Stampede and Slamboree uploaded.

I was eager to finally get the ball rolling on my alt. That way it won't be THAT far behind my main account. I don't know why the screenshots turned out so blurry. I used the PS4 share button to take them. I still don't know why they limited the crowd lighting options this year. It makes arenas like Thunder or Halloween Havoc '90 less fun to make.

I've decided to set all of my WCW arena trons to Pattern A. This means they won't show your titantron video during entrances. The reason I did this is, most WCW CAWs aren't going to have titantron videos. If you want to make your own entrance videos, knock yourself out, and set the proper tron to Pattern B.

There's something I wanted to try for The Great American Bash, so that might take a bit longer. Also, I keep going back and forth on whether to make Road Wild or Clash of the Champions. We'll see when I get there.

One more thing... What ever happened to the "frame object" setting in CAA?

Great work so far! I agree the lighting options are very weird. Like 'Lighting 2' puts the lights over the crowd, but for some reason you can't change the colour from white. And the other 6 lighting options just look like those awful Sin Cara matches from 2011. Its always two steps forward (additions like fog, removing electronic billboards) and then one step back with the arena creations.

They're tagged WarGreymon77, WCW, and the respective PPV name.

If you see the username MegaDragonzord77, that's also me.

I decided to go ahead and upload Bash at the Beach, since it was already finished. I had planned to upload them both at the same time.

1:51 AM Edit: Whew! I found the logo. It was right there with the rest of them. I don't know how I overlooked it the first time.

The Great American Bash, Bash at the Beach, and Clash of the Champions UPLOADED! I was so excited about The Clash, because my stage is so much better this year.

I would've had more show locations for Clash of the Champions, but the show kept uploading Spring Stampede for some reason, so I had to delete it and make a new show.

That takes care of my Bronze Arena & Show slots! Now I've got a little bit of time to breathe.

• 5 weeks later...

Wasn't really planning on it. I think I messed up my Nitro '99 stage image. For now I am planning to do Souled Out to finish 1997. Maybe Wrestlemania VIII. Maybe WCW {Pro} Wrestling. Maybe WCW/NJPW Supershow. And maybe a remake of "WCW Nitro PS1". There's still slots left.

Archived