The theft begins ...

MadAgrar

So how are they "stolen". By taking a screen grab of the image?

No, I wouldn't say but I feel everyone who steals already know. If you download a caw or something with logos on it. The logos automatically download in the game. If you use those same logos on something else, you can still upload it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. This is my own fault for making the title reuploadable, but cawmunitycre8ion reuploaded my ROH Television Championship with 0 edits. Normally, I wouldn't be irritated by this, but the fact that his upload has more than twice my downloads is really irritating the hell out of me.

What are the tags for yours mate? I downloaded one but not sure if it's his or not. If it is his, I'll delete it and download yours instead. I hate thieves

The tags I have on there are ROH and Ring of Honor created by Y2J_Uzumaki. But if you're already happy with the one you got, don't feel obligated to download it.

It doesn't really slowing down because all I have to do is delete something and put a new thing up it stays regardless if you take it down or not

It does not. If you don't have the creation in the Upload section (active in the box), it doesn't just exist on the server. That's why people like SweatyGladiator had to continuously swap his creations out last year (he had close to 40 if I remember correctly, mostly NJPW guys).

They should do it like in the SvR days when the only way to upload someone elses' created content is if they give permission for it by clicking on the option to allow for re-upload.

That's the way the system is set-up now but apparently doesn't work. It seems the "Can be reuploaded Yes/No" is just for show.

Okay. Now I'm just getting seriously pissed off at this whole damn situation. I now have complete asshats on the Smacktalks Community on PS4 telling me that I'm the one who stole the title. I have the damn logos on my computer that I used to create the *censored*ing title!

They claim that mine was uploaded later even though I have screenshots proving his was uploaded second.

One jackass in particular stated that cawmunitycre8tion's blew mine out of the water and this all just some sad attempt to gain downloads. Except for the fact that they look the exact same.

And to top it all off, one person even said that I could possibly be one of santacaw's alts. So, yeah. Havin great *censored*ing time with this shit!

It doesn't really slowing down because all I have to do is delete something and put a new thing up it stays regardless if you take it down or not

It does not. If you don't have the creation in the Upload section (active in the box), it doesn't just exist on the server. That's why people like SweatyGladiator had to continuously swap his creations out last year (he had close to 40 if I remember correctly, mostly NJPW guys).

They should do it like in the SvR days when the only way to upload someone elses' created content is if they give permission for it by clicking on the option to allow for re-upload.

That's the way the system is set-up now but apparently doesn't work. It seems the "Can be reuploaded Yes/No" is just for show.

Yeah if you don't have it in the upload thing it will still be on the server it's how I got all my stuff after I deleted everything

Okay. Now I'm just getting seriously pissed off at this whole damn situation. I now have complete asshats on the Smacktalks Community on PS4 telling me that I'm the one who stole the title. I have the damn logos on my computer that I used to create the *censored*ing title!

They claim that mine was uploaded later even though I have screenshots proving his was uploaded second.

One jackass in particular stated that cawmunitycre8tion's blew mine out of the water and this all just some sad attempt to gain downloads. Except for the fact that they look the exact same.

And to top it all off, one person even said that I could possibly be one of santacaw's alts. So, yeah. Havin great *censored*ing time with this shit!

There's no way you can be one of Santacaw's alts ... you can actually string sentences together without calling everyone "loosers". XD

The only damn image they have to "prove" cre8tions uploaded first is blurry in several different spot and looks heavily edited. Along with some asshat who claims to be cre8tions second cousin and that it was created over at his house. At this point, I'm convinced that either these are all alts or people in cahoots with cre8tions.

Edit: Oh good. Now they're claiming that they're reporting my PSN because I'm obsessed with trying discredit an honorable person and because I said damn a couple of times.

I really enjoy being able to download CAWs and copying their full attires with custom logos onto another CAW, the last console game I played the logos weren't copied over. It's handy for when someone uploads a great attire for example, but it only has one and you want to fill the 2nd slot with a great attire from another caw, or replace it.

So hopefully that never gets reverted in favor of stopping thiefs. What I think would be a nice solution if it's possible is to have anything that someone created themself always carry some sort of tag. So you uploaded a logo, used that logo on your caw, uploaded that caw... then someone downloads it and copies it over to their own CAW, an exact replice, to upload it themself, well that CAW will somehow tag back to the original creator so that any downloads this copy gets will count as a download to the original creator and people can see the "original creator" as well as the creator of the copy.

And that could work for anything, like shows having an arena someone else made, it will indicate that it uses parts made from someone else (in this case, the arena) and you can look at that original creator's page too. I don't know if something like this is possible, but I think as long as the tiered uploading system exists, it sounds like a good compromise to me.

I mean I get being upset by your work being reuoaded, but at the same time

Its not a big deal

Its a big deal to me because it was the first time that I had uploaded something besides logos that I really took time on. And to see someone else gaining recognition and praise off of something that I worked on pisses me right the *Censored* off.

2K should've locked the logos from being re-usable when downloading CAWs.

Exactly, what is the purpose of setting a created superstar not to be re uploaded if there is a workaround. 2k is letting this issue get out of hand.

I don't believe cre8tions is Santacaw either. He creates originals and has found me some textures too. He has his own community too. Santacaw is someone looking for acceptance and just needs a hug. He can also use a lap dance at a strip club too.

I woukdnt really call logos stealing

What would you call it then? If I make a logo from scratch, then someone else uses it without permission, an takes the credit for making it....

Do you remember who makes every logo you have when you download something you make a logo for someone to use they use it and upload it then it's not really stealing

I honestly sit back and have to chuckle at this entire thread. For starters, I've been around for a long time and I know which Usernames are known for their quality work. And thusly I tend to download from their username, and browse their content regularly, which I believe would be a normal approach to this sort of thing by now, but I digress. I also haven't uploaded a CAW ever. Not once since community creations was a part of the games. I say this as someone who spent the better part of my last years of highscool back in 2000/2001 hacking game shark values to to mod No Mercy on the N64 console, so I have an actual appreciation for the time and effort that goes into the creation process.

As far as "theft" goes it's kind of a strange dilemma considering if you upload stuff its because you want to share it, no? And once anything is shared it is at risk of being stolen(ideas, trading cards, images, CAWs...) The only true way to avoid this is to not upload your CAWs and to keep them to yourself. The irony is that if you don't share your work, you don't get to "bask in the glory" of having people download your creation or whatever gratification comes from it. So by simply striving to get that sense of self accomplishment and hip-hip-hooray from fellow CAWers you have to to share your work and risk having it stolen by some no talent hack who wants to reupload it for whatever reason(which makes zero sense). There is no way to avoid this. Just as outside of the CAW realm I am an artist and every time I share an illustration I created I am at risk of finding it on someone else's website for sale as a shirt design or a on a coffee mug. There are some inherent assumed risks when it comes to being a creative individual who is willing to share their creativity.

It's best to learn to shed the ego and let people do what thou wilst. YOU know your own talents, YOU know what you've created. Imitation is a sincere form of flattery and stolen valor never lasts, nor does it garnish any actual value to the life of the individual who stole it.

Theft is inevitable. Hell even the act of creating a CAW based off a real life character is a form of theft, but the end result, where you take all that cumulative inspiration and output to, that is YOURS. But at the end of the day the logos you recreated, the character you mirrored, the characters look you best achieved... those are all intellectual property that already belongs to someone else already.

Just some food for thought.

The only damn image they have to "prove" cre8tions uploaded first is blurry in several different spot and looks heavily edited. Along with some asshat who claims to be cre8tions second cousin and that it was created over at his house. At this point, I'm convinced that either these are all alts or people in cahoots with cre8tions.

Edit: Oh good. Now they're claiming that they're reporting my PSN because I'm obsessed with trying discredit an honorable person and because I said damn a couple of times.

I'm pretty sure that cawmunity cr8tions is santacaw and the reason I say that is because every time santacaw finds himself in some shit (that he starts) cr8tions always just happens to be there ... after I created this thread here and at ST, cr8tions suddenly started "following" me. He also happens to be there to compliment santacaw's "improvement" despite that the only thing santa has improved on is the number of bunk accounts he's created in order to steal everyone else's work. So ... either they're the same person, IRL friends/relatives, or cr8tions has taken his pity to a level of delusion when it comes to santacaw.

I woukdnt really call logos stealing

What would you call it then? If I make a logo from scratch, then someone else uses it without permission, an takes the credit for making it....
Do you remember who makes every logo you have when you download something you make a logo for someone to use they use it and upload it then it's not really stealing

Myself, yes I do remember as I do make my own. I also make logos for lots of others and they can use freely as it was made for them. The issue is ppl using logos/textures and then happily taking credit for them! If that's not their intention, a simple tag to thank the creator goes a very long way....

I don't usually post here, but for the sake of clarity santacaw and cre8tions are different people. Hope this clears up any confusion

Well, I trust you - so that's settled then.

And lol @ the implication that since theft is inevitable that nobody should care.

I agree w/ what Foldy just said as well. At least credit the person you stole from.

Archived