The theft begins ...

MadAgrar

It only stuck out to me because I'm engaged and my fiance and I both play these games and make original CAWs. I have a lot of fun playing with her, so it just baffles me that he would even say that. Then again, he's probably not speaking from experience. I know that's not the issue here. I just found it to be an odd thing to say.

Good boy. :laugh:

You know what I mean! :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It only stuck out to me because I'm engaged and my fiance and I both play these games and make original CAWs. I have a lot of fun playing with her, so it just baffles me that he would even say that. Then again, he's probably not speaking from experience. I know that's not the issue here. I just found it to be an odd thing to say.

Good boy. :laugh:

You know what I mean! :D

Yeah we do

When you up load. Do you allow the caws to be re-uploaded? Cause this should stop that or is he working a way around it?

Logos are unfortunately reuploadable no matter if the caw is set as reuploadable or not cause they end up in your list with logos on your system and can be used from there again the way they are.

I think the only thing you can't do with them is change their color or edit them but you can still use them as they are.

It is very sad that this guy will never stop. He went after me for over 4 years and no matter how often I blocked him and he got banned from here he still tries to get in contact.

He asked me a question about the game over PSN under a new name again but since it was harmless I just answered and let it be cause if I would start a discussion with him I knew it will end in a endless rant and calling me names until I block him again.

BTW: it seems he is in these forums under a new name again but I won't say which one cause if he sees it here he will go all over me again and I want to have my peace.

Can't forum owners / admin track Ip addresses? That would be one way to stop him, also maybe if the forums presented a combined case to 2K they could perhaps block him from their servers?

Not to sound like a douchebag but isn't this a bit of overreacting? Don't get me wrong the guy is a dick but It's not like he's making money out of it

Exactly what I thought, it's only a video game and not like creators are developers who are losing money... Seems a bit over the top.

Can't forum owners / admin track Ip addresses? That would be one way to stop him, also maybe if the forums presented a combined case to 2K they could perhaps block him from their servers?

Yes, but you can change IPs, which is what he done.

Not to sound like a douchebag but isn't this a bit of overreacting? Don't get me wrong the guy is a dick but It's not like he's making money out of it

Exactly what I thought, it's only a video game and not like creators are developers who are losing money... Seems a bit over the top.

I look at it the same way I look at anything. You always start out making nothing. Painters, musicians, etc...you wouldn't want someone to steal your work there even if you don't make money. So I see it like that.

I hate that ppl still able to steal things so easily. The "not re-uploadable" option is worthless as it does nothing! For 2k18 this guy stole my custom Finn balor title and passed it off as his own, what's worse is he got 2k+ downloads off it. I did report it and 2k removed it, but only for a few days as the same guy put it back up again. There should be a common rule that whatever u download from CC weather it's caws, logos, belts etc.. should automatically be blocked from being uploadable!

PS-Messages-20180620-145640.jpg

You imply or outright suggest that this shouldn't be addressed because you're not making money off of it ... but actually when you break it down, SOME people are making money off of this or are being "paid" or "compensated" in some one way or another inspired entirely by their creations.

There are a few of the big creators on this board and Smacktalks that claim they've received FREE and/or EARLY copy of the games (Defract is one IIRC) due in huge part to his popularity as a creator and for his texture tutorial videos. If you look at the big picture, that's 59.99/89.99 he didn't pay ... and to be endorsed/RT'd by @wwegames = video revenue. So no, being a creator for a game where you're not getting an hourly wage does not mean that it's not possible for you to make money off of it.

I'm nowhere near as good as Defract, Ryedee etc. but every download I don't get because some CAW thief stole my work is 1 DL longer I have to wait to open a new bracket and to be honest that's all I care about. I know others care about recognition and they spend waaaaay more time on their awesome creations. I know it can get discouraging and I believe if we have the ability and/or will to expose thieves that we own this community to do so. It took me a whole 5 minutes to compile the names/usernames and what was stolen in the original post. It really was no trouble at all.

Take pride in your work, take pride in your community.

I hate that ppl still able to steal things so easily. The "not re-uploadable" option is worthless as it does nothing! For 2k18 this guy stole my custom Finn balor title and passed it off as his own, what's worse is he got 2k+ downloads off it. I did report it and 2k removed it, but only for a few days as the same guy put it back up again. There should be a common rule that whatever u download from CC weather it's caws, logos, belts etc.. should automatically be blocked from being uploadable!

PS-Messages-20180620-145640.jpg

I think that he probably only took the logo and recreated the title you had created.

The same title wouldn't be uploadable if you set it as not reuploadable.

So it's the same issue everyone has with their logos that they are reuploadable no matter how your creation is set.

So just to be clear: the issue is people using logos that they've downloaded from CAWs, right? Not the logos that were uploaded to CC individually? Because I tend to download logos from CC and use them on original CAWs that I upload.

Yeah, this isn't about the individual ones. These are about the ones the original creators didn't intend you to re-use.

There nothing that can be done honestly you should expect it if ur going post online but also kind of a compliment that urs was good enough to be taken

Have you tried putting your own watermark on your work likes a small symbol that indicates it's yours that someone stealing it won't notice

No, I haven't, but proving something is mine doesn't impact the outcome and really isn't the point here -- as the person that we're calling out here has been proven a thief many times before. This is just the yearly "Hey, he's doing it again" thread, lmao.

At current time, nothing can be done about this - but I do believe if enough people are vocal about it, it's something that 2K may consider for the 2-3 patches we get this year.

Well. This is my own fault for making the title reuploadable, but cawmunitycre8ion reuploaded my ROH Television Championship with 0 edits. Normally, I wouldn't be irritated by this, but the fact that his upload has more than twice my downloads is really irritating the hell out of me.

Really, the biggest harm in these people taking work from the actual creators from a community/non-creator perspective is that it slows the creators down from being able to create more great work to upload thanks to the faulty download tier system. If they can't get the downloads needed to unlock more upload slots, then there is less potential for great creations for everybody since god knows the people stealing the work won't be creating new/great stuff on their own.

Well. This is my own fault for making the title reuploadable, but cawmunitycre8ion reuploaded my ROH Television Championship with 0 edits. Normally, I wouldn't be irritated by this, but the fact that his upload has more than twice my downloads is really irritating the hell out of me.

What are the tags for yours mate? I downloaded one but not sure if it's his or not. If it is his, I'll delete it and download yours instead. I hate thieves

Really, the biggest harm in these people taking work from the actual creators from a community/non-creator perspective is that it slows the creators down from being able to create more great work to upload thanks to the faulty download tier system. If they can't get the downloads needed to unlock more upload slots, then there is less potential for great creations for everybody since god knows the people stealing the work won't be creating new/great stuff on their own.

Exactly. I've got 4 "in the hole" waiting to upload because of this damn bracket system 2K insists on and it discourages me from creating more stuff until the backlog gets uploaded. It's kind of pointless for them to implement that or the download limits (daily) considering we just get around that by creating multiple accounts. They need to eliminate the bracket system entirely and make sure their logo locks ACTUALLY WORK.

Archived