Continental Alliance Wrestling 2K19 (Updates in 1st post)

Oz70NYC

The many years back you recall me making them, is the last time I ever made them...lol. I might be tempted to bring AMLL back on my 2nd account, but that'll be after I complete the rest of CAW and finish N-1.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Oz70NYC said:

Thus far, only two have identities. The first is named Diedre VanDiver. Tall, statuesque, blond and musclar. Used IG "model" Gussje Van Giel as the template...with some influences from past ideas I've had for characters that didn't make the cut. The 2nd is name Cullen Dorn, and is a character I've actually had in my head a couple years now. He's the son of my brother's character Crossbonez. And of course, he runs in the same circle as Evan Slade, who is son of my brother's character Riot/Vincent Fate. As such, he's got a similar aesthetic to Evan, but I tapped Darby Allin as the primary source of inspiration, and found a digital face render I liked for the face texture.

The remaining WIPs are exactly that...ideas I'm still trying to mold into full characters. For the majority they're just blank CAW models with face textures on them. Biggest challenge of making new characters is trying to source inspiration for their design that doesn't resemble the work of someone else. And I want these new characters to be unique in concept at the very least. 

After seeing that IG template....I am very interested in how VanDiver turns out.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, Swan77 said:

Hello. I just found this post and your amazing CAWS. My question is, how do I find them? Is there a tag? 

At the present moment, I have nothing uploaded on CC. Just recently took a bulk of my content down to make room for new uploads. If there's any character you'd like specifically, post the name here on via PM and I'll upload them.

And speaking of uploads...I have good news...NIHON-1 WRESTLING IS DONE!!! Well, almost. I have 3 more characters that need move-sets, but for the most part everyone is finished. I originally started with 10 characters (the 10 I lost when my old HDD crapped out on me), but then realized the there were more heels then faces. To even things out, I decided to add 4 more characters to the roster, 3 faces and one last heel to balance things out to 7 babyfaces and 7 heels...14 total characters. As they've been made on my alternate OZDBX account, I only have 5 CC slots to upload with, so I'll have to stagger the release of the characters into 3 "packs" (5/5/4). But I'll be finishing off the remaining move-sets, getting previews done, and posting the 1st pack TODAY. It's going into it's own thread so not to clutter this one, so keep and eye out for when the post goes up.

After that, all that remains is the rest of CAW.

Really excited to see these new folks you’ve been toiling away at! As for some requests, I’ll drop some names in the hat.

If you’re done the updates for Blake and Ryan, I’d love to see em! Seth Adams, Monolith and any of the other tag teams would be fantastic too!

Awesome CAWs. I have been watching and re-watching your brother’s XWA promotion on YouTube and his CAW updates, for the past 2 or 3 years. And just now stumbled across this post. Your CAWs are just as impressive. I love drawing inspiration, even though I do my own looks for my CAWs, seeing CAWs such as yours and your brother’s, motivates me to step my game up. Keep up the great work.... and yeah, I agree 2k19, I have returned to it as well, since 2k20 is a nightmare. 

I'm still left wondering how you still have the drive or desire to still do this after all these years. I only created O'Dell and an new guy Arthur Kagan before I just felt like "meh". But coming back and seeing all you've done to this point has me inspired to get back at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: 3 days ago I just bought me a new, high end laptop. This thing is a beast. But with having new hardware, I've gotta transfer all of my files from the old one to this one...which is a long, drawn out process. But the good news? This badboy is gonna enable me to start pumping out more content. Maybe even get back into posting CAW shows even. so yea, big things are about to start happening in this thread.

As for the requests, they'll be fulfilled as soon as I square away my file transfer stuff.

Indeed there is. The new laptop is up and running, downloaded all of the programs I use (Photoshop, Power Director, etc) and I'm ready to rock and roll. Decided to give her a test run as far as video capture and editing...and here's the results.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick little update. Brittany Nitro has been one of my most popular female characters and the top heel female of CAW for a few years now. She's gone through several iterations since I first created her in 2014. As with all of my characters, they evolve over the years, and I felt it was time to do so with her.  So much so...that Brittany Nitro as a gimmick...is now dead and gone. 

34GUniS.jpg

She's now Brittany Monroe. Same charcter, just ditching the "80s" gimmick and going back to the original idea I have for her in 2014...just with substantially better execution. I decided on the name change based on the two women who she's heavily based on, Marilyn Monroe (Face texture) and fitness model Nahla Monroe (Body type & tattoos/no relation).  Since she's packed on a bit more muscle, I've also changed up a few moves to give her arsenal a bit more physicality.  Same moves, just more impactful looking versions of them. She's available for download right now. Tags are of course CAW19 and OZCAW.

11 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

Wowzers, badass. 

I guess there's a couple more updates on the horizon, essentially the CAW 2K20 versions... Nice job

3 minutes ago, NandoSuave86 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

That's the general idea. There aren't many re-works I've got planned, but those that will be I'm prioritizing at the present moment.

5 minutes ago, darkwarrior3007 said:

You know, after checking her out and replacing Nitro with Monroe, I'm really digging her new look.

The "Nitro" gimmick I felt ran it's course. There's nothing new or innovative I could have done with it. But as Brittany Monroe, I can essentially make her a more gritty character, though still with all of the bravado she's known for, just with a longer mean streak.

Archived