Continental Alliance Wrestling 2K19 (Updates in 1st post)

Oz70NYC

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@darkwarrior3007 Thanks. She's got an interesting backstory. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2004, when my brother and I ran XWA as an E-Fed, one of our members, close friend and long since retired creator Matsuyoshi312 clued me in to a text based E-Fed he had been part of for years called Virtual Championship Wrestling. It was run by him and a couple of his friends, and he wanted to bring them into XWA as their VCW characters. So I went and scouted the place as Jayson Jones to see what kind of writers they were, and I was more then impressed. Mat had got to work converting the particular characters we wanted to bring in to CAW form; The Troys (Pollux, Castor and Helena) as well as his own VCW character Johnny Aces and last but not least...Tanden Fearse.

Her writer didn't stick around long though. I forget why she stepped away, but during the time Tanden was part of XWA she made huge strides...including becoming XWA Diamond champion, and one of the few female characters to beat my brother's character Jaime Fury clean in the process. Tanden defended the title once against against a character named Michelle Marx (who Hungrywolf80 has taken ownership of) before losing it to Michelle's running mate Bianca Dianaco. Not long after that, she was gone. I just decided since I've taken the reigns of the VCW characters, it made sense to bring her back after all this time. She's one of Helena's oldest rivals, and Helena's now a mainstay on my roster...sooooooo, yea.

59 minutes ago, Oz70NYC said:

@darkwarrior3007 Thanks. She's got an interesting backstory. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2004, when my brother and I ran XWA as an E-Fed, one of our members, close friend and long since retired creator Matsuyoshi312 clued me in to a text based E-Fed he had been part of for years called Virtual Championship Wrestling. It was run by him and a couple of his friends, and he wanted to bring them into XWA as their VCW characters. So I went and scouted the place as Jayson Jones to see what kind of writers they were, and I was more then impressed. Mat had got to work converting the particular characters we wanted to bring in to CAW form; The Troys (Pollux, Castor and Helena) as well as his own VCW character Johnny Aces and last but not least...Tanden Fearse.

Her writer didn't stick around long though. I forget why she stepped away, but during the time Tanden was part of XWA she made huge strides...including becoming XWA Diamond champion, and one of the few female characters to beat my brother's character Jaime Fury clean in the process. Tanden defended the title once against against a character named Michelle Marx (who Hungrywolf80 has taken ownership of) before losing it to Michelle's running mate Bianca Dianaco. Not long after that, she was gone. I just decided since I've taken the reigns of the VCW characters, it made sense to bring her back after all this time. She's one of Helena's oldest rivals, and Helena's now a mainstay on my roster...sooooooo, yea.

Oh cool, interesting backstory.  I'll have to put her on the roster in my Universe that has Helena on it so I can play that rivalry up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been far too long...

But I'd like to announce what's to come for myself in the CAW community space. I'm not gonna lie to you guys and gals...for a while I was thinking of packing it all in and calling it a "career". I've been doing this yearly on this forum since 2005, and as a whole since 1999. 22 years total. That's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to devote to a hobby. And that's what this has always been, a hobby. Something I do as a creative outlet. Never looked to monetize on it as other creators have done in recent years. I do this for the love of my craft and for community feedback. The appreciation I get for my work, and getting told how much my work has inspired so many others over the last 2 decades is enough of a reward for me. But there was a point many months ago where I sat and really thought to myself perhaps it's time for me to move on. Other areas of my life have begun to take up loads of my time, and admittedly in those same months I hadn't even touched the game. I've still got a number of characters sitting incomplete, and I had no drive to finish them. It was almost the end of an era.

Almost.

Then I had an epiphany from where I usually find my inspiration, a piece of digital art. The idea for a character came into mind. A character different from any I've ever created. Because he's a character I'll literally be growing into the greatest individual talent of my CAW universe. As the idea took seed in my mind, I wanted to figure out a way to present this character. Then it hit me...why not make my own Story Mode? Using my video editing skills, why don't I present this character in the vein of a fully fleshed out career mode, which will start from his humble beginnings as a rookie, all the way up to him winning his 1st world title? This makes it different then your standard fair CAW show, in that the focus will be just one character. Obviously my established characters will make appearance, but the primary focus will be on my new main character. But then I thought to myself...why stop with this new guy?

So I'm not.

There's another story I want to tell. Whereas the story of my new main character will be beginning, the story of my original main character must be given a fitting end. So the other Story Mode project I'll be working on...is the last ride of The Destroyer. Yes...I'm retiring Simon Fierhart. He's been my flagship for 22 years, and in canon he's nearly 70 years old. It's time for the old man to do one final tour and ride off into the sunset. I've got other plans for Simon beyond being a wrestler. BIG plans that will come to fruition in another project that I'm waiting to see how the new slew of wrestling games (including 2K22) shake out before pulling the trigger on. Simon's story mode will obviously be a lot shorter, and more targeted in it's presentation...but both will be played out in 2K19 as I know they will overlap with 2K22's release, and I'm not about to start over...yet. Depends solely on what 2K22, AEW, or The Wrestling Code have to offer in terms of their creation suites.

So yea, that's the immediate plan. Next step is to bring life to my new "main character"...Isais Obilor. Needless to say, I'm excited to have the fire back in my gut. I think everyone will like what I've got in store the next few months.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, Oz70NYC said:

It's been far too long...

But I'd like to announce what's to come for myself in the CAW community space. I'm not gonna lie to you guys and gals...for a while I was thinking of packing it all in and calling it a "career". I've been doing this yearly on this forum since 2005, and as a whole since 1999. 22 years total. That's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to devote to a hobby. And that's what this has always been, a hobby. Something I do as a creative outlet. Never looked to monetize on it as other creators have done in recent years. I do this for the love of my craft and for community feedback. The appreciation I get for my work, and getting told how much my work has inspired so many others over the last 2 decades is enough of a reward for me. But there was a point many months ago where I sat and really thought to myself perhaps it's time for me to move on. Other areas of my life have begun to take up loads of my time, and admittedly in those same months I hadn't even touched the game. I've still got a number of characters sitting incomplete, and I had no drive to finish them. It was almost the end of an era.

Almost.

Then I had an epiphany from where I usually find my inspiration, a piece of digital art. The idea for a character came into mind. A character different from any I've ever created. Because he's a character I'll literally be growing into the greatest individual talent of my CAW universe. As the idea took seed in my mind, I wanted to figure out a way to present this character. Then it hit me...why not make my own Story Mode? Using my video editing skills, why don't I present this character in the vein of a fully fleshed out career mode, which will start from his humble beginnings as a rookie, all the way up to him winning his 1st world title? This makes it different then your standard fair CAW show, in that the focus will be just one character. Obviously my established characters will make appearance, but the primary focus will be on my new main character. But then I thought to myself...why stop with this new guy?

So I'm not.

There's another story I want to tell. Whereas the story of my new main character will be beginning, the story of my original main character must be given a fitting end. So the other Story Mode project I'll be working on...is the last ride of The Destroyer. Yes...I'm retiring Simon Fierhart. He's been my flagship for 22 years, and in canon he's nearly 70 years old. It's time for the old man to do one final tour and ride off into the sunset. I've got other plans for Simon beyond being a wrestler. BIG plans that will come to fruition in another project that I'm waiting to see how the new slew of wrestling games (including 2K22) shake out before pulling the trigger on. Simon's story mode will obviously be a lot shorter, and more targeted in it's presentation...but both will be played out in 2K19 as I know they will overlap with 2K22's release, and I'm not about to start over...yet. Depends solely on what 2K22, AEW, or The Wrestling Code have to offer in terms of their creation suites.

So yea, that's the immediate plan. Next step is to bring life to my new "main character"...Isais Obilor. Needless to say, I'm excited to have the fire back in my gut. I think everyone will like what I've got in store the next few months.

Glad to hear you’ve found new inspiration. You’re one of, if not my favorite creator in all of the Caw community. I look forward to seeing what else you put out! Glad to have you back!

Thanks. It's to see my work is still appreciated. I'm hoping when the next slew of games come out we see a resurgence of creators come back to the fold. In the mean time, I've got some simmed matches that've been collecting dust on my HDD, so I figured I may as well do a little editing and upload them. So here's one for everyone's viewing pleasure.

I thinking I can still do more with Deja's look. Some motif designs on her gear perhaps. But I also don't want to overdue it and make her look to flashy. As for Ashley's new look, it's actually a new 2nd attire, replacing the Wonder Woman themed one. I'm going back to a lot of characters and giving them new 2nd attires . Not everyone, but those folk who may need an updated look IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, judas priest superstar said:

Yo  Oz, any more updates for past characters coming down the pipeline? Just wanted to ask.

I'd would have to second that! There is a certain Request of CAWS that I'd would want but the ones that are Important for me to get is the Oceans Of Storm Tag Team CAWS. Once I'd get that then maybe I'll request some more Past caws.

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2021 at 10:03 PM, judas priest superstar said:

Welp, seeing as we're stuck with 2K19 for another 6 months....maybe some of the CAW roster could use an update, IMO?

Have an update on Oz's status. His Brother just did a YouTube stream & it's still live as soon as this post is up. He was in the YouTube chat & talked to him. His laptop is Broken & until he gets new hardware, He's out of commission for awhile. His Brother is making a comeback & he'll be releasing some of his work soon. Some new, Some old with new Gear & whatnot. 

Archived