Continental Alliance Wrestling 2K19 (Updates in 1st post)

Oz70NYC

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do think it may be possible to uploaded the tag teams again just curious

Typically I leave new updates up for 2 weeks (depending on demand. If they're popular I'll leave them up longer.) So the 16th will be when I pull the Starlight girls down and do re-upload requests until the next update is ready.

So Oz, I have a question, out of your CAWS from all of your rosters, who would you say are the creme de la creme. The ones who always do well in game.

As far as males go, Sean Trueth, Timoa Mamula and Liedhamer. As for Females, Ashley Diamond and Helena Troy tend to win more then the others.

Move-sets. As many know, I'm meticulous about how I craft my move-sets. I'm a STRONG...as has been well documented over the years...that an original character's move-set is as important to them as their attire, because the move-set presents the character's personality every bit as what they're wearing. If you have a character that looks light and nimble...there's no reason why that character should have 3 variations of a powerbomb. It looks unnatural, and makes the character look completely unrealistic. The character can look absolutely amazing, but the moment I see them do a move that looks nothing what that character should naturally be able to do...I write that character off as garbage.

But it goes deeper then that. Over the many, many, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany years I've been doing this CAW creation thing...I've picked apart the game engine and how the moves are done. As in, how the AI will use moves. How it flows in combat. So I give my characters what I like to call "Combo Moves", that being moves that easily chain into the other. One simple example is ground moves. There are a LOT of ground moves that end with the opponent face down, more then when the opponent is laying on their back. So what I do for say Sean Trueth is give him a ground upper move that lands the opponent face down, and a ground side move that STARTS with the opponent face down (Multiple Kick I believe), and ends with the opponent on their back. He now has a ground combo move that flows one into the next that the AI can do with ease.

Move-sets are probably the longest part of the creation process for me, because I want my characters to annihilate other people's characters in the most realistic way possible. Another factor into how my characters tend to do so well against other people's characters is the very premise I mentioned earlier about how people put together unrealistic move-sets. While you can have Powerbombs and other such big moves in your medium grapple, they still fall into the "power" move range...so they have a wider counter window then say...a snap suplex. You can tell which moves fall into this when playing the game yourself. If the move has 2 points where it can be countered (the green marker, and then an orange marker)...that's a move that should be relegated to heavy grapple. You put such a move in your medium grapple...advanced AI (Hard, Very Hard and Legend) is going to counter it.

I could make an entire thread just on my philosophy of building strong AI move-sets, but to sum things up...the characters mentioned tend to win a lot because I gave them the most ironclad, efficient & effective move-sets for their personas.

I know I would.

Man... I get so annoyed with this series' AI.

- Why is is that changing a signiature or finisher can change how aggressive or effective a created wrestler fights? It's changing one bloody move.

- Or moving the same moves around in the move slots (O and up, O and left etc.) can change how aggressive or effective a created wrestler fights? They're the same moves just rearranged.

- Why do CAWs that are dominant in Exhibition turn into complete jobbers in Universe Mode, or the other way around?

Sara Williams has been an absolute nightmare this year. Any time I've given her moves that fit her character she's fought like shit. Despite that same moveset rocking in the last 2 games.

Leon's managed to get her fighting well, but it's at the cost of her personality-through-moveset. So I never keep his edits as I fail to see the logic of having a good fighter if she no longer fights like "Sara" etc.

I think/hope I've got her working at the moment, but it's been a year long struggle, and she has a new moveset which misses some of her established moves. But, ya know, I don't want to edit her further in case I *Censored* up her AI again. :(

I'm gonna side with Rekka and Karl on this one. Your knowledge and wisdom in the art of move-set building would greatly be appreciated. I've picked your brain plenty, but having a centralize place where you pass on that insight would be great for the folk who've never deep dived into it.

The following characters are now on CC: Gabriel Niyol, Jarret Caesar, Olympia & Pavlos Marstorius, Primo Valiante

INBOUND CONTENT:

As mentioned in the last update, the next batch of content will be my Nihon-1 (N1) promotion. Included will be the following:

N1 Arena

N1 Show

Akio Tennouji

Gorou Maeda

Kazuya Izuki

Kenzo Uzamaki (Formerly known as Izanagi)

Kyou Nakajima

Rokuro Inoue

Shingen Honma

Shohei Tenrai

Tarou Hayashi

Tohru Gohda

Should be ready to roll out before the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo OZ, do you have a launch date for the N1 update?

I'd agree with Judas, What happened? You said end of the month & June & now it's almost July 3. Was there a Issue with your CAWS? I'd have been deleting CAWS so that I'd can get your N1 guys & still no luck since today.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I have unfortunate news. My HDD pretty much died today...and for whatever reason PS+ didn't save the data to the cloud. So basically I've lost an entire month of work...2 female characters and 12 male character (The Nihon-1 update). I'm pretty much completely deflated by this. So I'm changing things up...I'll update when I have something to show, but it's probably not gonna be for quite sometime. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe what I am right now.

No kidding. I had 4 move sets to complete, and I put a LOT of work into the arena. Like I said...a month's worth of work, gone because my PS4's HDD decided it wanted to die right in the middle of a session. And I had planned on spending the entire day banging out the remaining move sets, and getting the update ready for later this week. Now...It's probably gonna take the rest of the summer to make up the lost work, and by the time that's done it'll only be what...2 months until 2K20 releases? This shit really set me back...big time.

Wow, that close to done? Unreal.

Well...if you want my advice, I would just forget about the N1 update and just move onto the next planned update. It sucks but...you did all you could before fate hit you like a ton of bricks. Up to you though, just my two cents. Still, if you do wind up making another update I'll def be up to see it. Always enjoy your work for these games.

Sadly, I have unfortunate news. My HDD pretty much died today...and for whatever reason PS+ didn't save the data to the cloud. So basically I've lost an entire month of work...2 female characters and 12 male character (The Nihon-1 update). I'm pretty much completely deflated by this. So I'm changing things up...I'll update when I have something to show, but it's probably not gonna be for quite sometime. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe what I am right now.

Sorry to ask this but what is HDD? If what happened to your PS4 is true, WILL I have the save problem in the mere future?

Wow, that close to done? Unreal.

Well...if you want my advice, I would just forget about the N1 update and just move onto the next planned update. It sucks but...you did all you could before fate hit you like a ton of bricks. Up to you though, just my two cents. Still, if you do wind up making another update I'll def be up to see it. Always enjoy your work for these games.

I'd have been waiting for this for a few weeks dude & I'd had some space left empty for this update & now it will take another month for him too redo them, I' don't think he's going to do another update anytime soon. I'd think the N1 update will be the last update for WWE 2k19 for him.

That's soul crushing, bro. :( Wouldn't have been so bad is PS+ made a save, but sometimes it "forgets", and you're pretty much boned if you never remember to back up a save manually (which 95% of people do, I being one of them). PS4's HDDs are garbage to begin with. Sony opted to go with a really low grade HDD for the sake of keeping the cost of the console down. They could have used a higher grade HDD, but then PS4 would've been $700 out of the gate instead of $500. That extra $200 does make a difference. (This is my knowledge as a former Gamestop store manager speaking.)

Hopefully you can bounce back from this.

Archived