WCW 2K19 - THE GIANT and Wolfpac Sting uploaded

WarGreymon77

Don't forget the WarGreymon77 tag!
Bronze CAW Slots Beware big images

Sting '96
fDxZGKp.jpg

^ Final version. Attire 1 based off a Nitro tag team match while he and Luger were tag champs, also "Sting walks out". Attire 2 based on Bash at the Beach '96 + the jacket he wore in a promo on Nitro prior to War Games. Attire 2 is because I really wanted one with the STINGER tights.

I tried a few different hairstyles, and I actually had another hairstyle in mind. I had it in mind all the way back in 2K16.
teIuOU7.jpg

But when I looked at the real life footage, the final version looked the closest to it.

I was going to piggyback off this face photo to create Sting '97, but the in-game Wolfpac facepaint colors like shit, so we'll see. Also hard to find a good hairstyle for him.

Madusa
Two attires. I thought I took a screenshot of her jacket from the front. Guess not. I was originally going to give her a better entrance, but there was a glitch. I need to go to bed, so no time to explain that. Same attires as last time. Since the game won't let me use Michael Hayes's jacket on a female, I'll use Bayley's. It works better than Sting's. I was trying different hairstyles as well, but none looked as good as this. Oh I used this screenshot to say, her call name is in the game! Different spelling but who cares?!
90Koou5.jpg

Jimmy Hart
JoJo also says "The Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart". Really cool. Unfortunately there's no "The Immortal" nickname for Hulk Hogan. Attire 1 = Dungeon of Doom/Faces of Fear/Taskmaster. Attire 2 = Giant. This is my first time successfully using a face texture instead of a photograph. Jimmy is rarely seen without his glasses.
mAV8oqr.jpg

Hulk Hogan (WCW)
OK... Forget what I said about everyone being given an Easy Entrance. I found a way around the problem by disabling all titantron videos in advanced entrances. I downloaded a moveset for this Hulk Hogan off CC, but created the entrance myself.
I'm sure there's lots of Hogans, but mine is of course based on '94-96. To my knowledge, in that timeframe, he only wrestled in long tights one or two times. I based attire #2 on one of those matches.
masU7nX.jpg
g1Khrdk.jpg

Sting '97
Tags: 1. Sting 2. WCW,WLF 3. WarGreymon77

Attire 1 is my favorite version of "Crow Sting", Starrcade '97. Attire 2 is based on early '98, pre-Wolfpac.

When a man's heart is full of deceit, it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted. We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts of the same men who created him. The battle between good and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows comes a dark warrior. The purveyor of good, with a voice of silence and a mission of justice. This. Is. STING.
qKGgdDr.jpg
1Hji5BJ.jpg

I'm not a fan of Sycho Sid's default theme song or haircut, so I made this. You see, I really like his early 90s hair. As a sort of bonus, attire #2 is Sid Justice.

Sid Vicious
Platform: PS4
Tags: Sycho Sid, WCW, WarGreymon77
Uploader: MegaDragonzord77
n303wXp.jpg

Booker T (Heat)
I copied the moveset from King Booker and tried to change as much as I could. Hopefully there's no king stuff lingering.
Tags: Booker T, WCW, WarGreymon77
pgH1g9g.jpg

Stevie Ray (Heat)
Same attires as Booker T.
Tags: Stevie Ray, WCW, WarGreymon77
LAoJx38.jpg

Silver CAW Slots

THE GIANT
l0jXlhG.jpg

Sting (Wolfpac)
0b7ZHp5.jpg

Totally keeping my eyes opened for this (I'm cdiebold @ WLF) as I'm a huge mark for anything and everything WCW. I'd particularly be interested in a Faces of Fear Meng/Barbarian, long haired WCW heel Eddie Guerrero, Harlem Heat, Hulk Hogan when he had the red pants and yellow boots (so both early WCW and WCW '00ish?) and I could definitely make use out of a Sting '96 and The Giant.

Before I forget, I also want to make two or three local indy events. Wrestling almost never comes through here, so it's easy to get starstruck when it does.

The first is a UWF/TNA event from January 14, 2006 held in the local high school, about a mile away from my current house. It was the first wrestling event to be held in this county since probably the 80s or early 90s (I'd have been a baby or not born yet). It was also the BEST wrestling show that I've ever been to. Several TNA stars were there. I was in high school at the time. My high school was the county rival to this one. It was here that I bought my TNA shirt. I don't know where that is now. Sadly, the county board of supervisors has approved plans to create a brand new unified county high school, so both of these schools will be gone in the coming years. Unfortunately I can't find footage of it online aside from a $20 DVD that I can't afford.

The second is also a UWF/TNA event from December 2006, same town, in the old WAL*MART building. We had upgraded to a Supercenter, though they have since dropped that name. Not much exciting here. The emcee was a locally famous former radio DJ, and my best friend went to this event as well as I did.

The third is an MACW event from 2011, at the high school. Big Poppa Pump was advertised, but this show was lackluster. I got Lex Luger's autograph. The main thing of note here is the NWA ring apron. Also, the top heel broke kayfabe when he told this guy in the crowd "This is an NWA show. We don't allow cussing here."

I also have a new and improved Sunday Night Heat in the pipeline.

And... I wish I had that old man Hulk Hogan from 2K15 to work with. I'd like to give him the 2000 attire with the red Hulkster shirt.

I'll edit the OP when I upload or start making CAWs.

I don't normally do digital download, but my brother bought it so we wouldn't have to share the disc. My PS4 is set as his "main" PS4, so if he buys a game I can download it.

So! The good news is, I'll be getting the game much sooner than I expected. Standard Edition. It's downloading as I type. I hope it'll be ready by the time midnight strikes tomorrow night. I have a 10 Mbps connection that acts more like 8 Mbps at times. Arena thread is coming soon, but first it's time to edit this sig.

4 AM Monday Edit: Damn it! The arenas might have to be put on hold for a little bit. I lost two important logos for my Nitro arena, the left and right steel WCW logos. It seems my Nitro folder is outdated as *Censored*. My good stuff must be stuck on my old hard drive, either on the old PC's desktop or the WWE Network folder. There's no getting to them now. I can compensate, but it will take time to make the new logos. In the mean time, I'll spend Tuesday uploading logos for myself. Not many championship plates ready to go, but I will upload quite a few face photos and see how they look in the game.

Same as always, 1998. The one with the logo on the ring mat. The one in the game doesn't have it, and that bugs me.

Edit: Working on stuff. Even though I still need to edit the face photo a little bit, it's already wayyyyy better than the one I used for 2K17.

EhjgQG4.jpg

My first CAWs were going to be The Giant and Madusa, but The Giant has a face photo glitch due to the bigger head size. I'm hoping for a patch fix! Madusa still needs some attire work and Jimmy Hart does too. They're looking great otherwise. In fact, I'm thinking about making one Jimmy Hart for the Dungeon of Doom and The Giant, and a second Jimmy Hart for Hulk Hogan.

Speaking of The Giant, he's looking great as well. Just that glitch, so he's on hold for now. He has a nice hairstyle for '97, but I'm not sure if anything comes close to his '95-96 hair. Going to try something.

I'm strongly considering making a separate thread for superstar edits.

Also, it's really hard to get Hulk Hogan's skintone right for the face photo! Face photo skin tones in this game always end up looking red tinted or even pale, and it's annoying. I'm trying to make him tan.

Oh man. I will mark out for you so hard if you plan on making Taskmaster (yellow attire + old school Florida satanist attire) and Faces of Fear. Woman would be the cherry on top.

I wasn't perfect at making Taskmaster and Woman in previous games, but I might give it another shot. Somebody eventually made better ones, I think. Never made Barbarian before, but I made a great Meng in 2K17, so I might make him again.

Awesome CAWs! Is the Jimmy Hart uploaded yet?

Yep, Dungeon of Doom / Giant Jimmy Hart is up.

The Giant would've been my first CAW uploaded, but I can't upload him until 2K patches the face photo bug. He's 100% ready to go, but is on hold until further notice.

Also, everyone I upload is being given an "easy entrance" because advanced entrances glitch my arenas. I'll need to inform 2K of that too, I guess.

The ultra-wide, super puffy bandanna strikes again. Oh well. Hulk Hogan UPLOADED!

Oh, I found out the hard way: The game doesn't let you recolor the WCW logo (under Arena Logos) in CAW mode or CAA mode anymore. If you want a different color WCW logo than white, you have to make one and upload it into the game yourself! Ridiculous.

OK, guys. In lieu of The Giant, who is delayed until a patch, my 5th upload slot will be Sting '97. Wait til you see him with Sting 99's entrance. He's looking sick!!

I wasn't exactly sure which hairstyle to use. Just like The Giant, there aren't many good hairstyles that are that medium length (Starrcade '97). But I've found the one. I tried Kane's for both men, but the hairline looks like crap.

Also, when I get my silver upload slots, Wolfpac Sting (non goatee) will be first up, I think. I want to see how my red thigh pads look before I commit.

My alt account still has 4 bronze slots open, and I think I'll use the first of those for Harlem Heat Booker T.

Archived