Telltale Games shutting down...

Generations

I hope the vision lives on through a new company...because, there was something really special about the Telltale method of storytelling. Honestly, I'm just shocked this could even happen. You're talking about a developer that made games for some pretty big IPs. Were they paid THAT poorly by those big names? Or did they mismanage funds THAT bad? I really don't get it.

Is it because they promised certain numbers in sales to those IPs, fell really short, and then had to pay out of pocket? I'm so intrigued by the whole thing...it's just a damn shame. Probably the only developer shutdown that I've ever been genuinely sad about.

And for that matter...why not have a crowd-funding campaign? I would definitely contribute to that, just to keep them in business.

They're gonna get into a lot of trouble with MS and Sony considering they're cancelling the game after one episode meaning that players can't 100%/platinum it. Tat's not allowed on either console. Most likely, I guess, would be to change part one to be the entire 1000

They're gonna get into a lot of trouble with MS and Sony considering they're cancelling the game after one episode meaning that players can't 100%/platinum it. Tat's not allowed on either console. Most likely, I guess, would be to change part one to be the entire 1000

Lmao...says who?

MS and Sony policy. Games have to ship with 1000G or a platinum. Technically the game DOES have one, so MS/SOny might not give a shit

but for example - that second Life is Strange game had one of the trophies for the 100% as a pre order DLC. Sony and MS kicked off and the company had to patch the game and remove that trophy. You have to be able to get the 1000G/Platinum in the full game. Right now, only episode one has released at 250G

But yeah, like I said - there's a reason all games comes with 1000G now.

Sony do still allow digital games without a platinum but this game in particular isn't digital only so they too have the "players have to be able to platinum the game".

As long as the game ships with enough to plat, but the game has glitched unobtainables, that's "fine" as "the 100% is still there" and there's a few games you cant' plat due to glitches

but yeah I'm expecting this to be a anyone who's played it is stuck at 250G/25% and people can get refunds

But if you didn't know it's policy that games have to have 1000G in the base game without DLC being part of it, now you do

I hope the vision lives on through a new company...because, there was something really special about the Telltale method of storytelling. Honestly, I'm just shocked this could even happen. You're talking about a developer that made games for some pretty big IPs. Were they paid THAT poorly by those big names? Or did they mismanage funds THAT bad? I really don't get it.

Is it because they promised certain numbers in sales to those IPs, fell really short, and then had to pay out of pocket? I'm so intrigued by the whole thing...it's just a damn shame. Probably the only developer shutdown that I've ever been genuinely sad about.

And for that matter...why not have a crowd-funding campaign? I would definitely contribute to that, just to keep them in business.

Dude look at this twitter. She's breaking down what has happened to her knowledge. It's very sad all around. https://twitter.com/emilybuckshot

Press X if you are sad

Press Y if you dont care

Press A if you are pissed

Press B if this makes you happy

How this thread progresses will be determined by the actions you choose.

But in reality all four choices lead to the same thing happening and no choices actually matter

Archived