Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Strowman could win the title on RAW, so WWE can say he won the title on RAW rather than Crown Jewel. Also it's a big swerve.

Haven't watched this show but my god, what a company this is.

Brock doesnt have heel heat, Brock has Xpac go away heat. How anyone cant see why thats bad is beyond me. People are SICK of him. Look at their instagram or youtube comment: people are *censored*ing tired of it. He does literally nothing for the title when you couldve made two new main eventers in Braun and essentially Drew with a feud, we are right back to square one where nobody will beat Brock and he will keep that title away from Raw. Its *censored*ing retarded there is no end game in sight and all its doing is turning people away.

Maybe they should merge the brands again tbh. Its basically lkke theres only one Heavyweight title to begin with and thats AJ.

Those comments are what WWE wants. Why do you think they don't book him like a Bryan or a Styles who is loved and gets cheered? Braun and Drew do not need the title to have an entertaining feud. Both are talented enough to make a feud work without one. Brock is the perfect champion right now. And do I see an end goal in sight? Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's amazing that you think Braun and Drew doesn't need the title, but then think the title doesn't need to be on the show at all. No feud NEEDS a title, so why have a title, is that it? I sort of see the appeal of Lesnar's championship reigns, but they're just simply not done right. Lesnar is my second all-time favourite, but his matches have been shit for at least a year or two now. Also your original post on this just sounds fake and hollow - 'I want to see the fallout from Crown Jewel', it's robotic. Just cos you're posting, doesn't mean you're saying anything (deep), so yeah you might as well be saying 'look at me I have a different opinion pay attention to me'. And your only defence is 'this is WWE's plan' (and Bryan beating Lesnar which is just a prediction, and a farfetched one at that) - well no shit, and people tuning out is simply that, people not watching anymore. Losing interest in a shit wrestling show isn't about being worked. If you enjoy Lesnar and WWE right now, then fine. But you sound like you just want people to notice you.

Been a very long time since I haven't liked anything from a PPV/event. Even though I figured he wouldn't win, I kinda hoped Jeff Hardy would've at least made it past round one. Didn't care for any of the tournament matches and the fact Shane *censored*ing McMahon won is just stupid. I've hated Shane ever since he came back so yeah, wasn't too happy with that. Rusev vs Nakamura was meh. Only half watched The Bar vs The New day, both great teams but wasn't interested in watching them fight again (at least not without good build-up). Same goes for AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe, both great competitors but not really interested in them fighting again (again, at least not without good build-up). As for Brock being the champion again, I stopped giving a *censored* about the Universal championship a long time ago so this didn't bother me that much. It's still completely ridiculous, I just don't care about that title anymore. I'm hoping it's at least short lived and they have some kinda plan other than just having Brock being champ again. Never really been a fan of nostalgic matches so I didn't care for DX vs BOD. As much as I like Shawn, I hoped we would've been one of the few wrestlers to stick to their retirement.

WWE couldve *maybe* just *mayyyybeee* made up for the whole Crown Jewel fiasco if the show was at least good. But it wasnt. That tournament was booked almost with the intention of making sure everyone was wrong. No Kurt/Seth and Seth/Mysterio or Angle/Mysterio. Miz/Ziggler instead, a match thats happened on RAW several times. Didnt matter though because Shane won.

DX vs BOD was honestly a lot better than I was expecting. It was fun. Nice to see HBK can still go. But sad to see him come out of retirement for this match considering the roster now. Theres Styles, Bryan, Rollins, Dream, Joe, etc. Oh well.

And Brock won? Braun didnt even get any offense in. Brock/Braun always sounded good on paper (and it could be good), but the way their matches are booked sucked. Id also rather of gotten Strowman/Styles than Brock/Styles again. Whatever. Did Hogan even appear outside the beginning? What was even the point.

What an absolute pile of dogshit. This show was the epitome of what Vince McMahon and the WWE think of the SPORT OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING! Fans should be outraged and utterly disgusted by what was put on display in this glorified house show. This show gives the true pro wrestling fan a glimpse into how Vince McMahon feels about the WWE "Universe." To continually shit all over every talented worker and push those who don't want to be there or would rather be there on a part time basis. It really is a travesty and I wish that all the guys that are being held down would pull a Neville and simply walk out. Enough said.

Was Evolution a Triple H product? If so then this week shows without a shadow of a doubt who should be running this company. Evolution was a groundbreaking, landmark and genuinely excellent show featuring some phenomenal performances and storytelling. Crown Jewel was an exercise in fan patience and pandering to a Saudi demographic 20 behind the rest of the progressive world, something Vince has in common with them. Vince needs to retire, Triple H needs to take over. The company and wrestling in general will be better for it

I reckon Strowman could win the title on RAW, so WWE can say he won the title on RAW rather than Crown Jewel. Also it's a big swerve.

Haven't watched this show but my god, what a company this is.

Brock doesnt have heel heat, Brock has Xpac go away heat. How anyone cant see why thats bad is beyond me. People are SICK of him. Look at their instagram or youtube comment: people are *censored*ing tired of it. He does literally nothing for the title when you couldve made two new main eventers in Braun and essentially Drew with a feud, we are right back to square one where nobody will beat Brock and he will keep that title away from Raw. Its *censored*ing retarded there is no end game in sight and all its doing is turning people away.

Maybe they should merge the brands again tbh. Its basically lkke theres only one Heavyweight title to begin with and thats AJ.

Those comments are what WWE wants. Why do you think they don't book him like a Bryan or a Styles who is loved and gets cheered? Braun and Drew do not need the title to have an entertaining feud. Both are talented enough to make a feud work without one. Brock is the perfect champion right now. And do I see an end goal in sight? Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's amazing that you think Braun and Drew doesn't need the title, but then think the title doesn't need to be on the show at all. No feud NEEDS a title, so why have a title, is that it? I sort of see the appeal of Lesnar's championship reigns, but they're just simply not done right. Lesnar is my second all-time favourite, but his matches have been shit for at least a year or two now. Also your original post on this just sounds fake and hollow - 'I want to see the fallout from Crown Jewel', it's robotic. Just cos you're posting, doesn't mean you're saying anything (deep), so yeah you might as well be saying 'look at me I have a different opinion pay attention to me'. And your only defence is 'this is WWE's plan' (and Bryan beating Lesnar which is just a prediction, and a farfetched one at that) - well no shit, and people tuning out is simply that, people not watching anymore. Losing interest in a shit wrestling show isn't about being worked. If you enjoy Lesnar and WWE right now, then fine. But you sound like you just want people to notice you.

I never said the the title needs to be never seen, I was saying that the Braun Vs McIntyre story does not need the title to be interesting. The title can be used to get more heat on Brock. I will give you Lesnar's matches have not exactly been 5 star classics, but him doing so would be against his character. It would be one thing if WWE was going full on 2015 Roman Reigns and playing deaf, dumb and blind to all the critisim he gets by trying to push him as a face, but they are not. Several people on-screen have called out Lesnar for his behaviour, most notably Reigns and Angle. He is not supposed to this (and I really despise these terms, tell me if you can think of better ones) "indy darling" putting on all time classics every week that the "internet fans" are in love with. In this day age just simply telling the fans how you are so much better than them or cheating to win matches is almost never going to get you long term heat. Heels, like everything else, have had to adapt. Yes that has been my only defence, but why else would they keep going back to him? Only reasons I can think of are:

A: He is getting the reaction they want

B: They are super in love with his main stream appeal to ridiculous levels (Why not have Rock knock off AJ or Nikki knock off Becky if that is the case?)

C: They are massive idiots who know jack shit about wrestling (How did they become the #1 wrestling company in the world then?)

I do not see how Bryan is that far fetched. He is as loved as Lesnar is hated. The story is right there for WWE to take. If he is too out there for you then another guy who could work just as well is Finn Bálor. Seth as #3. There are plenty of viable options for guys who could beat Brock, it is just fustrating seeing people act as if he is going to hold onto thqt title until WrestleMania 424. No title run is forever.

The thing is, people say they are not watching for pretty much any reason now, only to still show up in the Show Discussion on Monday Nights. Lio Rush is behaving like a classic 80s manager? I'M NOT WATCHING! Baron Corbin is the new GM? STOP WATCHING! Dolph Ziggler beats Seth Rollins for the IC Title? CHANGE THE CHANNEL! I respect the choice to stop watching, but "I'M NOT WATCHING!" really just comes across as people trying to be edgy and cool at times, especially if they still watch or talk about the product as if they are.

As for that point about being excited for the fallout? Yeah that's kinda shallow in hidndsight, maybe shoulda saved that for another post. :lol:

Archived