Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogan returning at Crown Jewel would show both WWE and Hogan's true colors, tbh. I want it to happen, for how blatantly shitty it would make all parties involved actually look.

For WWE, it would look like one of two things...1) They always have a price, the product doesn't matter to them, and they can be bought and told exactly what to do. 2) Money aside, maybe they're simply in too deep with the Saudi situation, and they don't even have a say in the matter anymore.

And for Hogan...it would just be fitting that the guy who built a career on being a "Real American" would make his triumphant return to an event that he's only a part of because Saudi royalty demanded it.

• 3 weeks later...

Following the disappearance of a U.S. based Saudi national Jamal Khashoggi, U.S. Senators commented to Independent Review Journal on WWE's current relationship with Saudi Arabia:

Senator Chris Murphy from Connecticut: “I’d hope that they [WWE] would be rethinking their relationship with the kingdom especially with respect to events coming up in the next weeks…”

Senator Bob Menendez from New Jersey: “Private enterprise is private enterprise, different than a governmental entity. But because [Linda McMahon] is part of the president’s cabinet, it falls into the grey area where the administration really should give it some thought and maybe even prevail upon them not doing it.”

Senator Chris Coons from Delaware said that WWE “should be taking a hard look” at their relationship with Saudi Arabia moving forward. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina added that “There should be a pause” with the business relationship.

source: http://nodq.com/news/541378596.shtml

I'll be surprised if its cancelled tbh

Same. From a moral perspective, WWE doesn't give a shit and we know that. And it doesn't seem like they're getting shit for going there (yet) either, so there doesn't seem to be any real pressure on them to cancel.

What I envision is a situation where everything will be cool until they go there, then they'll do some promo to make Saudi-Arabia and ya boy MBS look good and that's when people will get pissed off, but by then, they're already back, having done the show.

And the Saudi-show after Crown Jewel will likely not be held for quite some time, maybe 6 months, maybe more and by then, the storm will probably have passed and they can do the show without much of a backlash.

I'll be surprised if its cancelled tbh

Same.

I'm also hearing that some of the wrestlers don't want to go back to Saudi Arabia.

They don't have the balls to go say this in public though.

Have you ever worked for a corporation in your life? Because its not wise to speak publicly against your company and their dealings. Especially a deal that big. Thats just basic employee etiquette. Besides, define in public? Because Im sure the wrestlers have had multiple conversations about it among themselves and in their personal lives with other people. That is public. Just because they are not broadcasting their opinions in interviews and on podcasts does not mean they are no speaking publically about it.

Given that multiple US senators are advising WWE to pull out and several other corporations are pulling out of their business in SA, its very likely that WWE will follow. You should be surprised if WWE continues with Crown Jewel as planned.

Archived