Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's really no need that sues over the public relations no one cares about it anymore they're just doing this to see if they can do another female show my guess this isn't going to sell well

I said "smooths over"...not "sues".

And, yes...WWE doing an event in Saudi Arabia (responsible party to the 9/11 attack, notorious women's rights deniers, as well as countless other human-rights atrocities) absolutely requires smoothing over public relations before/after.

It's easy to say that WWE crafted the 'Evolution' event to give women an opportunity. But, they already knew they were returning to Saudi Arabia for a second event...so, where does the truth really lay? They want to have their cake and eat it too. Get their massive payoff from Saudi Arabia, then say "We love and support our female athletes"...

And you said it yourself...the Evolution event will probably not pull amazing numbers. Hence, even more reason why that show exists as a means of damage control. They make bank on their Saudi event, then let the women "play house". It's a moral embarrassment, tbh.

Well to be fair they have to do the shows in Saudi Arabia they signed a 10-year deal

Yeah cos they chose to sign a ten year deal, that's literally the reason why. 'TBF WWE have to honour their ten year deal cos they signed a ten year deal'. I feel I've gotten a bit stupider just having to write this post.

Well that sounds pretty cool.

Yeah. Kinda reminds me of the Survivor Series Deadly Games tournament back in 1998, if done right though. Was fun to have tournie matches and the final bout all on the same show.

Wasn't that the whole point of King Of The Ring?

Maybe they can have actual fans at ringside this time, instead of corrupt royalty.

Ah...who am I kidding?

That was absolutely terrible, I couldn't believe it. What me pissed me off even more is that the majority of these royal assholes weren't even bothered to watch the show.

I live in Egypt and was willing to travel to just attend the show and fly back home again. Glad I didn't.

A World Cup tournament? That had to be one of the Saudi prince's demands. That sounds way too wrestling-oriented for Vince to do today.

Also, gotta love how they're flying back to Saudi Arabia mere days after Evolution. That money must be really good for them to expose their hypocrisy so much. Yes they are a business, but when they're on TV talking about how much they care about their women and then do this? You're on your own, WWE.

A World Cup tournament? That had to be one of the Saudi prince's demands. That sounds way too wrestling-oriented for Vince to do today.

Also, gotta love how they're flying back to Saudi Arabia mere days after Evolution. That money must be really good for them to expose their hypocrisy so much. Yes they are a business, but when they're on TV talking about how much they care about their women and then do this? You're on your own, WWE.

It's the same contract that resulted in the first Saudi show. They didn't decide to head back to Saudi Arabia after Evolution. They decided to have Evolution before they head back to Saudi Arabia. That's a difference.

And if Evolution is a success and we can get more of them in the future...I don't really mind. Especially since WWE can risk losses of the Evolution show because they made a big plus from the Saudi deal anyway.

They could have made the Saudi deal with Dubai, they would have gotten a huge audience, a more diverse one actually and the women could have wrestled, they would have had to wear more clothes but at least they would have been part of the show. Not sure the money would have been the same though, and it seems their main target is the money, not expansion in the region.

I'm convinced that both WWE and UFC are in some "new world order" blood money shit. WWE with their Saudi shows, and UFC in bed with Russia...and both WWE and UFC directly tied to Trump. But...that's a conversation for another day...

But, I agree...Dubai would have been 1000x better for WWE's public image, and the shows would have felt bigger as well.

If they're looking to bring in outside talent for this World Cup thing to get more wrestlers from different parts of the world, it is pretty interesting timing that apparently WWE & Impact officials just had a meeting at WWE HQs. Would love to see a talent exchange or something between the two.

I'm convinced that both WWE and UFC are in some "new world order" blood money shit. WWE with their Saudi shows, and UFC in bed with Russia...and both WWE and UFC directly tied to Trump. But...that's a conversation for another day...

But, I agree...Dubai would have been 1000x better for WWE's public image, and the shows would have felt bigger as well.

that doesnt make sense. a lot of american companies are doing and have done business with Russia. and they should. and relations should improve again. some interest gropus dont want that because they won't let go of the political and economic power the US has in the world. hence the Russia fearmongering and everything.

and the US has been an allie with the Saudis for more than half a century now...

If crown jewel was next year would say that could have held tournaments in different countries around the world England Japan Australia so on so on the winner of those tournaments will get flown to for the World Cup so my guess the World Cup competitors are going to be pretty much guy from the Cruiserweight North American and UK tournaments

Archived