What is everyone's thoughts on 19 sofar ?

Rekka_No_Ryo

TBH, I am pretty hyped. The game seems pretty fun, especially the stuff like big heads, and if you focus on what we DID get with the roster, it is actually pretty good. TBH I do not get why people want to know every little detail of the game before it comes out, what is wrong with a little mystery?

This.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I found alarming was that Ultimate Warrior's attire in a vid about the towers is the same as 2k18. It makes me question how much effort was put in 2k19. 2k always updated or tried to switch up Legend's attires. Also 4 years now and no work around for custom music? This year feels like a roster update.

So far, I'm pretty much not too excited. Nonetheless I'd get it once the Christmas discount rolls by. Fire Pro Wrestling and 2k18 is keeping me occupied for now.

We park our cars in the same proverbial garage.

I have 2K19 on my Amazon wish list... I'm willing to bet it will be slightly discounted either on, or around Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday.

It looks awesome to me...as someone who cares almost exclusively about the modern roster.

I'm a lifelong wrestling fan, and I obviously enjoy having those legends in the game as well. Could there be more legends? Surely. But, my bread and butter with the video games are the current guys...and this is the first year that they've surprised me, not only with the DLC. But also who they managed to get on-disc. I have a laundry list of new additions that I'm super excited to play as. And that far exceeds any disappointments I might have otherwise. My hype level is probably an 8/10.

Eh, not hyped at all. I don't understand why anyone would be. They've released *Censored* all information on the game, and the stuff we do know is lame as hell. Big head mode? Zombies? How about telling us about the improved gameplay? I'm guessing they're not doing that because it isn't improved. It'll likely be another same old wrestling game with slight updates. To me, that makes it not worth buying. I hope I am wrong, though, because I do want a good wrestling game to play.

looks of the Gameplay trailer they updated the game play in a cage matches
Which is good, but is that enough to warrant a purchase? I think it's crazy how so many people are willing to pre-order these games without knowing anything about them. I will wait a week or so after it comes out, so I can hear about all the bugs and whatnot first. I'm hoping it's a big improvement, though.

It's no different than anyone pre-ordering a game that just had a teaser trailer most people do it for all major title games that come out

Being as Murphy was scrapped last year, I'm not surprised to see that he's still missing, but Ciampa really is mystifying to me...that Ciampa v Gargano feud was arguably the hottest thing going on NXT for the better part of this year!

Oh, and my thoughts on 19 so far are "blah."

Yeah, but Ciampa also returned right before WM which the cut-off date for people's inclusion in the roster. However, guys like EC3, Ricochet, and War Raiders are in the game as DLC - and they all made their debuts at Takeover: NOLA.

Being as Murphy was scrapped last year, I'm not surprised to see that he's still missing, but Ciampa really is mystifying to me...that Ciampa v Gargano feud was arguably the hottest thing going on NXT for the better part of this year!

Yeah, but Ciampa also returned right before WM which the cut-off date for people's inclusion in the roster. However, guys like EC3, Ricochet, and War Raiders are in the game as DLC - and they all made their debuts at Takeover: NOLA.
And to add to that, Lashley debuted after Wrestlemania.

2K has never said that the cut off was at Wrestlemania for who makes in the game

One thing wrong with the Wrestlemania cutoff(which is incredibly inconsistent anyway): Ciampa didn't debut, but simply returned. He was in last year's game and was an active roster member prior to injury. Yukes even re-animated his finisher. Logically, he should be in 2k19, but here we are scratching our heads.

2K has never said that the cut off was at Wrestlemania for who makes in the game

Even if they haven't officially announced their cut-off date for people who make the game, it's sort of logical that the cut-off would be some time between the months of April and June. The likelihood of someone who debuted a month or so after WrestleMania making it in the game seems a bit slim most of the time.

As a gameplay-first fan, all the new features and wacky arcadey stuff looks great but to see it be kinda more of the same at its core is a bit disappointing and has me looking forward to what 2K20 has to offer.

My biggest gripe is 2K seems to only listen to people with Youtube channels and dont care to get the sim players in the room. I hope everybody there has the same mindset as lehcsmiT because every time he talked about what he wanted to do with gameplay it made me feel better and I hope hes not the only one of his kind on the dev team.

All that said, Im excited to start CAWing for this year.

Archived