What is everyone's thoughts on 19 sofar ?

Rekka_No_Ryo

^ Well, I don't know if you saw the cage match or HiaC videos...but, they actually have improved gameplay quite a bit in those. I'm seeing a more polished gameplay experience all around, tbh. So...unless the game is a buggy piece of shit when it actually comes out, I have no reason to believe that it's as disappointing as you seem to be suggesting it is.

If the normal ring action is untouched from 2K18, and we have the new polish on the cage and HiaC (and probably others), then that's pretty good IMO. I feel like I say it every year...but I don't really know what people want to be different about the core gameplay. It's pretty much as close to "best possible" as it can be. I could go for things like better physics, or better AI...but the gameplay itself is always gonna be moving with the thumbstick and pushing buttons to strike/run/grapple.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Well, I don't know if you saw the cage match or HiaC videos...but, they actually have improved gameplay quite a bit in those. I'm seeing a more polished gameplay experience all around, tbh. So...unless the game is a buggy piece of shit when it actually comes out, I have no reason to believe that it's as disappointing as you seem to be suggesting it is.

If the normal ring action is untouched from 2K18, and we have the new polish on the cage and HiaC (and probably others), then that's pretty good IMO. I feel like I say it every year...but I don't really know what people want to be different about the core gameplay. It's pretty much as close to "best possible" as it can be. I could go for things like better physics, or better AI...but the gameplay itself is always gonna be moving with the thumbstick and pushing buttons to strike/run/grapple.

For whats supposed to be a sim game, its missing quite a bit Gen, I have a laundry list of things that include AI and physics as you mentioned but much more. No slight to you or anyone else but it always confuses me that people who are likely bigger and better wrestling fans than me dont see what I see when it comes to how these games match up with the source material. The features and bells and whistles are all fine. Cage match and HIAC (really was hoping for weapons) are fine but thats not what I mean. Nor do I mean overhauling the controls, though I think they should be expanded.

The normal in-ring action needs to be improved greatly if the goal is a simulation. It is not the best possible, and a lot of sim players would agree with me. I dont know what other people want for the game, but if people want sim and then also think the game is fine as is, then this really feels like people are settling. Yukes has been making this game since I was in elementary school and that grasp on accurate simulation has only been tightened incremently after all this time which makes me wonder if they are paying attention. Thats why I would rather they invite people who dont have Youtube channel to worry about to give some input on gameplay, because it looks like they lack direction.

For whats supposed to be a sim game, its missing quite a bit Gen, I have a laundry list of things that include AI and physics as you mentioned but much more. No slight to you or anyone else but it always confuses me that people who are likely bigger and better wrestling fans than me dont see what I see when it comes to how these games match up with the source material. The features and bells and whistles are all fine. Cage match and HIAC (really was hoping for weapons) are fine but thats not what I mean. Nor do I mean overhauling the controls, though I think they should be expanded.

The normal in-ring action needs to be improved greatly if the goal is a simulation. It is not the best possible, and a lot of sim players would agree with me. I dont know what other people want for the game, but if people want sim and then also think the game is fine as is, then this really feels like people are settling. Yukes has been making this game since I was in elementary school and that grasp on accurate simulation has only been tightened incremently after all this time which makes me wonder if they are paying attention. Thats why I would rather they invite people who dont have Youtube channel to worry about to give some input on gameplay, because it looks like they lack direction.

You didn't actually say what you want though

You didn't actually say what you want though

I say it all the time on here. No one is ever interested. All the gameplay improvement threads that happen on this board die quickly and are only kept alive by myself, GMP and maybe a couple of others which kinda adds to my point about settling. I know you nor Gen are interested in reading the very long list of improvements and ideas that I have right now nor do I have the finger strength to type it all up, but I have definitely, on multiple occasions, gone into specific detail.

This year, for the first time other than a couple of arenas in 2K16, I'm going to get a little wacky. In addition to normal wrestler CAWs, I find myself suddenly feeling very nostalgic. This video = my CAWs for 2K19. Maybe not all of them, but I am hoping to have at least Ivan, Greyling, and maybe Buzz.

I'm excited.

Personaly this game is not for me.

Please don't get me wrong this has one of the most up to date roster and I am sure the Daniel Brians showcase mode is enough to make most people silivate. This game should appeal to the masses which is the best way to be but for me a fan of the golden and attutude eras I would not get my moneys worth from this game. CAW mode is all well and good but it is restricted by limitations of copyright and trademark as well as the system preventing custom music be ling easily implemented. I have watched a video gameplay showing a match between 97' Shawn Michaels and Vader and was a little sadened watching Shawn still using his entrance from his 2002 onwards run,in past games I just make a custom entrance using his DX and 2002 entrances but champion entrances screw this up for me as I am forced to chose either his DX entrance or his 2002 entrance. No major thing but it does hamper authenticity somewhat. I thought Vaders new entrance was really cool and well done.

At the risk of sounding like I am moaning I absolutely hate they have made a zombie attire for Triple H as it seems of a waste of the developers time to work on something so stupid that has never happened in any storyline of the WWE/F

I wish 2K was able to make a one off Monday night wars style game in addition to their yearly WWE2K game.

In closing I hope people that buy this game are happy with everything it offers.

Didnt really care for the last 2 games. Really thought 2K would do something interesting with the series, but these games still feel like THQ are behind the scenes making the game.

Hate having attires hidden behind a weird loot box unlock system for my career. This is an obvious direction to build frustration to force people into buying them when they finally introduce microtransactions.

Gameplay feels stale, and 2K Knows it will sell anyway so theres little incentive to improve.

I was hoping FPW was going to have a bigger impact on the wrestling gamer scene. 2K need competition they need a reason to raise their game and create something thats fun to play through.

Im not sold on this years game, watched a 40min CM Pulse video where he basically pointed out my concerns. Ill wait until way after launch when they try selling the digital deluxe version for around £20 in their traditional post launch panic sale, another tradition they have carried over from THQ

Archived