Fire Pro vs 2K19

ozstar

If you are a big gamer and wrestling fan get both.

I love both the modern WWE 2K games and Fire Pro World. You don't need to pick sides, they are both great. Fire Pro has the Advanced A.I logic and Unique Reversal Styles while the WWE 2K games have about everything else you can think of. It's a great time to be a wrestling video game fan.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If FPW had 2k grahics I would get it

So they should downgrade Fire Pro Wrestling? :kick::wink::D

I hate the 2D look wwe looks way better

WWE is a very pretty game for a wrestling game.

They are very complimentary to tell the truth. Fire Pro does well what 2k does poorly, and often the reverse is true as well. Spike would earn endless love from me if they were to make a King of Colosseum sequel in English but until then, there are these two relatively decent modern game series to play with, and it is a mixed bag as they do different things well.

Yup...for a wwe 2k game it looks fine...for literally every 3d game of 2018...it looks bad.

Hell it looks even worse when you compare it to other sports games...but its still the best looking wwe game...so there is that.

Spike already has my endless love for this fire pro wrestling...but yeah.

Them making a new KOC, a 3d Fire Pro Wrestling or a NJPW Next Gen console game...man would that be a dream come true.

The only negative thing i'll say about the new Fire Pro game is the price is way too damn high, that game should be like $25 or $30 tops. Not many people is gonna pay $50 for an old looking arcade styled game like that.

On top of the fact that its not a well known game series, only hardcore wrestling game fans really know of it, it has no business being $50. It certainly isn't gonna attract new fans to buy it at that price, they'll take one look at the screenshots and trailer and say "I aint paying $50 for a super nintendo game".

Yeah Im not paying $50 for it. So when the price goes down, Im in there.

Yeah same, its ridiculous its only $10 cheaper than 2K19, what was they smoking when they came up with that price?

Licensed material isn't cheap. Plain and simple.

$30 for the base game (same as pc) + $20 for the New Japan roster (including new moves and tons of Edit parts) and Fighting Road story mode. It probably should've been around $40 though.

The digital deluxe edition's price was a little more hard to swallow as there's some real questions as to what the announced dlc will actually be offering with that mysterious third scenario. If it includes the missing ROH guys from the New Japan roster like Cody, Hangman, The Bucks, etc. then it'll make a bit more sense.

But then again, after seeing how wrestling fans tossed money at 2K for their paltry offering last year this isn't so bad comparatively speaking as Fire Pro offers more bang for your buck if you're down with the arcadey graphics.

I was initially hesitant, but have been glued to it since it dropped and can see myself playing it up until Red Dead comes out. I did however get in on the 10% off preorder deal which included an extra theme (it's lame) and scored a deal on PSN credit so I didn't take as big of a hit.

Yeah Im not paying $50 for it. So when the price goes down, Im in there.

Yeah same, its ridiculous its only $10 cheaper than 2K19, what was they smoking when they came up with that price?

Licensed material isn't cheap. Plain and simple.

$30 for the base game (same as pc) + $20 for the New Japan roster (including new moves and tons of Edit parts) and Fighting Road story mode. It probably should've been around $40 though.

The digital deluxe edition's price was a little more hard to swallow as there's some real questions as to what the announced dlc will actually be offering with that mysterious third scenario. If it includes the missing ROH guys from the New Japan roster like Cody, Hangman, The Bucks, etc. then it'll make a bit more sense.

But then again, after seeing how wrestling fans tossed money at 2K for their paltry offering last year this isn't so bad comparatively speaking as Fire Pro offers more bang for your buck if you're down with the arcadey graphics.

I was initially hesitant, but have been glued to it since it dropped and can see myself playing it up until Red Dead comes out. I did however get in on the 10% off preorder deal which included an extra theme (it's lame) and scored a deal on PSN credit so I didn't take as big of a hit.

to me fpw doesnt even worth 30 its a nes if not snes engine ported to ps4 or pc , i try once the firepro wrestling and it was uterly a wast of money even if i bough pre used i had to resell it so lost money just to have tried that game that i didnt like but that a personal preference im not a 2k /yukee fanboy like some will probably claim , it just that i expect more of my money than a old game even if it give you 500 wrestler they are hard to identify cause they are so lo quality , ect . but those who like it they have the right to like it but dont pretend its way better than 2k19 cause its obvious that side of game play they dont match 2k , side of graphic the same ,creation suit 2k has more option , but yes the fpw allow you to edit the wrestler ai but its not somthing that worth 30 or evn 40 $

ok graphic it improved from snes but barely

m9of94.png

The graphics for njpw game isnt even worth 30 dollars because it looks like the snes game almost

The pic linked is from WCW Superbrawl, not one of the Fire Pro titles. And I actually prefer the graphics of FPW when it comes to CAW creation as the cartoony visuals of the game lends itself better to capturing the look of certain wrestlers as you don't have to worry about nailing every little detail, and like any wrestling game not all creations are going to hit the mark, it depends on the skill of the creator. Also, the gameplay is fantastic as it actually has a better sense of speed to certain spots, a much deeper A.I. system which along with a plethora of well designed reversals that actually make sense both in terms of who does what and like what's even possible. You won't see any of those retarded blind duck dodges 2K18 frequently tosses out, which are cool in terms of reversal havy match flow but completely unrealistic for the most part, especially with how often it tends to happen.

Only thing i dislike in terms of fire pro's gameplay is theres practically no selling most of the time, you nail a move and the opponent almost immediately hops right up, and i'm a little effy on always having to lock up in grapple mode first before hitting almost all the moves. But other than that the game seems really fun, just the price needs to come down alot before i buy it.

Less is more with the old school graphics of Fire Pro, it's much easier to nail down characters without having to be 100% accurate. The voice options goes a long way as well in some cases...

That Slaughter has more charm than any version the Smackdwon legacy games have given us.

And yes, I imagine folks wouldn't care for the gameplay if they're not down with all aspects of the controls, how your opponent takes damage/sells/and stays in position for high flying spots, it's not the same beast as 2K, but it has its strengths. Timing is key for a lot of stuff, yes the standing strikes are bullshit if they're not iniated by a grapple or done on a stunned opponent, but the running moves and counters are tricky for a reason. Something I kinda enjoyed with the suppsed glitch in 2k18 where you suddenly had a much smaller window with anything involving irish whip counters.

@stacy75

"dont claim that fpw is bette than any wwe game we had since ps2 cause its not its like if yo would say that the black and white movie has a better graphics than the 3d movies"

I can claim whatever I want because it's subjective, but for real...

Effects don't necessarily make a movie fun to watch (or better), regardless of how well done those effects may be.

Graphics don't necessarily make a game fun to play (or better), regardless of how good they are.

It has nothing to do with liking retro gaming, this...just like 2K, is a long running series with improvements over the course of time, it's just one is made on a smaller budget with stylized graphics. And yes, I personally think Fire Pro Wrestling World is a much better overall package than 2K18...and several before, once you factor in all of what the dlc is adding to the mix. It's closer now in my mind than it ever was between Returns and the games befgore THQ went under.

Both games have their strengths, both have their weaknesses, it's just 2K is unfortuantely saddled with two unbelievably shitty featured modes (MyCareer and Universe) and a lot mediocre content outside of their great creation suite and core in-ring gameplay.

It has more to do with how willing you are to accept stylized or cartoonish graphics, this is no different than Showdown, or All Stars...it's just 2D, and there are plenty of games that make use of 2D visuals these days, it doesn't automatically make them "retro."

"ohand also that slaugther look alot less sgt than many cas i saw on cc but this look even less than 50 % jus thave the outfit.the body shape isnt sgt, the head doesnt look at all ike sgt ect but for that graphic its ok i guess"

Why compare this Slaughter to anything created in 2K? Of course nothing made in Fire Pro will look realistic. That's not the point, it's not about realism, not everything has to be realistic. It's about capturing the spirit of that character in the artstyle provided. Between that and the sound clips you can attach to your edits, it allows much more in the way of injecting geniune character traits into the proceedings, which the Smackdown series lacks outside of the few instances they've tried it for folks like Paige, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, etc. and even then it's lost amidst the terrible audio of the crowd and commentary.

You clearly didn't read what I posted, it has nothing to do with it being "retro", and I never said I hated 2K. I don't. Both have their strengths, both have their weaknesses, it's just right now 2K has a lot of weaknesses, and because of that it's a poor overall package.

Also, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, because that obviously would be impossible given you can't seem to grasp the simple concept of cartoonish artstyles being much more versatile in relaying personality than realistic ones. Especially when little care and attention is put into the details beyond trying to be picture perfect, that's why we've never had a decent John Cena model, he's a f'n zombie in the games. Always grimacing, never smiling. And that's even if they bother to be accurate as we regularly have legends running around with mugs that look nothing like the person and others with modern face scans like Angle, Bret, the travesty that was Hogan'15. Being off a little, is being off a mile.

All this talk of Fire Pro made me want to play the game lol. I hadn't played it in months. Quite fun, but to be honest anything is more fun than 2K. I can play WM2K or No Mercy and have a blast even if the match isn't realistic, same with WWE Allstars lots of fun.

With WWE 2K I can't even get through one match anymore, it's a bore fest. It might as well be a tell tale game where you get a prompt to choose between different buttons to pull off a move because the way the current WWE games are I go entire minutes without getting in any offense if the computer gets me in a hold and I don't reverse it I have to sit through a boring little animation sequence and don't get a chance to get involved again until another reversal prompt pops up. If I miss that one it may be another whole minute before I get a chance to finally get in some offense.

This gets me completely uninterested and I turn to my TV to watch whatever crap is on or I pause the game and surf the web a little before getting back into it. By the time I finish a 6 minute match 15-20 minutes may have passed in real time. Just an awful chore it is to play this series.

You can't go backstage or fight through the crowd in any Fire Pro Wrestling game. You can't even go to a balcony and copy Kota Ibushi's Balcony Moonsault (that got Ibushi banned from the Budokan Hall).

Fire Pro Wrestling D on the Dreamcast is the only Fire Pro Wrestling game I have played and own. (I was unable to go backstage or fight through the crowd in that game) All the Fire Pro Wrestling related videos never show the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers going backstage, fighting through the crowd or going to a balcony. Which obviously means that they are currently impossible in any Fire Pro Wrestling game.

Spike Chunsoft have never had the backs of the Fire Pro Wrestling fans that want to take the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers backstage, want to have the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers fight through the crowd and want to have the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers going to an in-game balcony and copy Kota Ibushi.

Quite frankly, the biggest mark against Fire Pro is that it simply hasn't evolved in ages though what Fire Pro does well, it does really well. It just doesn't evolve past it.

Unfortunely, if a player want fight through the crowd or fight backstage in a modern wrestling videogame they have no choice but to play the WWE series.

Fighting backstage/other locations hasn't been fun since HCTP and Wrestlemania XIX, I'm fine with it not existing in Fire Pro given how awful it currently is in 2K.

Oh, and what I was saying about being off a little is being off a mile? Some of these entrances being released today are garbage. Sasha can't get a good entrance to save her life, whoever mo-capped Bianca lacked pep in their step to where it comes off as soulless, and don't even get me started on Lana. Fire Pro's entrances aren't good...like at all, but you can forgive them because of the game's artstyle, 2K though has no excuse with some of this crap especially when the wrestlers themselves call them out on it.

I rage-quit in the middle of a match in FPW the other day because after about 8 minutes between two super-heavy weights they both starting running out of breath so badly that the gameplay became horribly tedious. Even if I held down the button for catching your breath it didn't help at all. I hit an attack on my opponent and then couldn't do anything because my character just stood there out of breath. My opponent would get up and hit me with an attack of their own but then they were out of breath. Same sequence of moves for like 3 minutes. Really pissed me off. I wish we weren't limited in Fire Pro so much as to what moves we want to do at any point in the match.

You can't go backstage or fight through the crowd in any Fire Pro Wrestling game. You can't even go to a balcony and copy Kota Ibushi's Balcony Moonsault (that got Ibushi banned from the Budokan Hall).

Fire Pro Wrestling D on the Dreamcast is the only Fire Pro Wrestling game I have played and own. (I was unable to go backstage or fight through the crowd in that game) All the Fire Pro Wrestling related videos never show the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers going backstage, fighting through the crowd or going to a balcony. Which obviously means that they are currently impossible in any Fire Pro Wrestling game.

Spike Chunsoft have never had the backs of the Fire Pro Wrestling fans that want to take the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers backstage, want to have the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers fight through the crowd and want to have the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers going to an in-game balcony and copy Kota Ibushi.

Quite frankly, the biggest mark against Fire Pro is that it simply hasn't evolved in ages though what Fire Pro does well, it does really well. It just doesn't evolve past it.

Unfortunely, if a player want fight through the crowd or fight backstage in a modern wrestling videogame they have no choice but to play the WWE series.

You seem way too obsessed with backstage fighting

Archived