World Politics Discussion

Generations

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First point: How are you going to prove that if the gun is stolen?

Permit and the fact that you don't have your gun on you?
So just the mere fact that the weapon is missing? The authorities won't know how secure that weapon was if it's not in the place where security is being checked. He could say it was in the glove compartment in a gun case, both locked, when it was actually in the back seat next to the carseat between some Kleenex and a blue Lego and the officer would be none the wiser

So just the mere fact that the weapon is missing? The authorities won't know how secure that weapon was if it's not in the place where security is being checked. He could say it was in the glove compartment in a gun case, both locked, when it was actually in the back seat next to the carseat between some Kleenex and a blue Lego and the officer would be none the wiser

Except if I say it was locked away there would need to be signs of breaking in and these kind of locking methods are tested beforehand by the people inventing this stuff.

If you can't be responsible with your guns, from locking it up properly at home so your kids can't access it to locking it safely in your car, then you likely deserve to be punished.

Agreed with the first part. However, how do you lock a gun safely in your car so someone breaking in your car can't get to it?

Well, if you put it in a locked box and/or put it in the glove compartment and lock it, then that should make it difficult for anyone to get to the gun. And honestly, if a gun owner actually does that, then he shouldn't be punished. Hell, keep the bullets and gun apart from each other.

Second Point: That's brilliant! So if I guy comes up and wants to rob me in my car, I'll be sure to ask him to hold on a sec and get my gun loaded.

Because you can't somehow drive away, right? And what's the difference between loading your gun and trying to get your gun out? You can still get attacked either way or hell, you could pretend your gun's loaded.

In what kind of shithole do you live that this is even remotely a thought process you have?

The one where the CDC did a study that said that guns deter violent crime from 500,000 to 3,000,000 incidents a year.

Source? A quick Googling of "do guns deter violent crime" show your claim is false.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/five-myths/five-myths-about-gun-violence/2017/10/06/c4536e44-a9ed-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html?utm_term=.762a87463968

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/violent-crime.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/right-to-carry-gun-violence/531297/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/17/do-tougher-gun-laws-lead-to-dramatically-lower-rates-of-gun-violence/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.689d70dffa55

First post: Drive away while someone could fire at me with a gun? You kidding me?

He'd have to be Deadshot or some shit, to have the accuracy to shoot somebody inside of a car that's driving away from him at presumably very high speeds. Unless you are very slowly driving away from the scene ( at like 10 mph maybe ) the guy wouldn't have a *censored*ing chance at hitting you.

Depends on how many rounds he had. Single shot or a musket and I'd probably drive away.

so wait, if he has a gun on you, then what makes you think you can grab your gun and shoot him before he shoots you, if you don't have a gun in your hand?

In my state I can open carry in my car. It can be anywhere on me or in the vehicle.

Except if I say it was locked away there would need to be signs of breaking in and these kind of locking methods are tested beforehand by the people inventing this stuff.

Oh most def. I doubt it's an easy thing to fake, but if jail time/a fine or freedom was the difference between "I'm a responsible gun owner and had everything secure but somebody broke in, searched, and stole my property" and "I'm in irresponsible gun owner who left my Deagle in the passenger seat, somebody walked by, opened an unlocked door and took it", they would try their hardest to make it look like the former even as far as breaking into their own vehicle

But if it's not in your hand? If you try to grab for your gun, you could get shot.

If I don't try to go for it I could be shot.

Or by not going for the gun, you aren't shot and could find a good moment to escape

But if it's not in your hand? If you try to grab for your gun, you could get shot.

Or by not going for the gun, you aren't shot and could find a good moment to escape

Or by going for my gun, I can eliminate the threat. These are all hypotheticals. Not every situation is the exact same.

Or by going for my gun, I can eliminate the threat. These are all hypotheticals. Not every situation is the exact same.

You can't. The worst thing you can do to someone pointing a loaded gun at you, is giving him a reason to panic.

Possible. Just say "hey there's someone behind you!" and while they're distracted, pull out your gun and shoot them.

Have you ever fired a gun before? And I am not asking this trying to be a ####. Honestly.

Yes I have. Feels like you're coming up with excuses to defend guns even though a guy would have a gun on you while you're in a car and don't have your gun in your hand.

Possible. Just say "hey there's someone behind you!" and while they're distracted, pull out your gun and shoot them.

Have you ever fired a gun before? And I am not asking this trying to be a ####. Honestly.

Yes I have. Feels like you're coming up with excuses to defend guns even though a guy would have a gun on you while you're in a car and don't have your gun in your hand.

And what if I do?

This is horrible, and I've heard that there are more bombs planted. Some Sri Lankans are saying this isn't religious based, but that's hard to believe given Christians are being targeted.

Shitty world we live in where no place of worship is safe.

No place is safe, period. Sounds like authorities had warnings of an attack well in advance but didn't pass the info along. Could've decreased the body count if it was accurate info.

Side note. Volodymyr Zelenskiy, a Ukraine comedian that just wrapped a show up last month about a high school teacher whose online ranting basically shot him straight into presidency of the country, just literally won the presidency race by a landslide.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived