World Politics Discussion

Generations

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

One thread for the US, and another for literally the rest of the world. I really dislike how American-centric people are nowadays. For example, I've had many experiences in England where people are talking about Trump but if UK politics are brought up then it's suddenly 'ah politics are boring'. I think this is really evident on social media as well - the majority of political-esque posts (i.e. memes) I'll see are about the USA, despite the majority of people I know not being from there.

And this isn't a dig at Gen or anything, I know his intentions were fine. Just this thread really highlighted that for me.

One thread for the US, and another for literally the rest of the world. I really dislike how American-centric people are nowadays. For example, I've had many experiences in England where people are talking about Trump but if UK politics are brought up then it's suddenly 'ah politics are boring'. I think this is really evident on social media as well - the majority of political-esque posts (i.e. memes) I'll see are about the USA, despite the majority of people I know not being from there.

And this isn't a dig at Gen or anything, I know his intentions were fine. Just this thread really highlighted that for me.

Eh. The US Politics thread was initially created for the Presidental election. After a while discussions evolved and "Presidential Election" just didn't fit anymore, hence the name change. There was also one for the Primeminister, if I remember correctly, but clearly it wasn't as engaging as the US one is.

Nothing is stopping anyone for creating threads on other countries' political landscape. Infact...One could say that this (World Politics) topic is more fit for politics on a international scale, rather than just national.

Well, we're loud, so of course other places will be American-centric, especially since we have one of the biggest dumbasses in office supported by a dodgy party. Though it is odd that the British find UK politics boring, especially given Brexit and all.

• 5 months later...

If that isn't going to kickstart some revenge attacks, I'd be shocked.

Anyone picked up on what the senator of Queensland said? Basically blamed the muslims for following a violent archaic religion and... you know what, it's better if I just show the full statement:

ht3pdiO.jpg

That's an actual senator saying that.

Horrible to hear. Honestly not sure what to make of this situation. Considering he gave a shoutout to PewDiePie during this shooting leads me to believe that he had more than a couple of screws loose. Which doesn't excuse that he also appears to be a piece of shit too.

He wasn't just mentally ill, this terrorist literally planned out the best possible time to kill the most Muslims. All the hate that right wingers direct at Muslims don't help, especially Trump. We'll unfortunately keep seeing attacks like these as long as Islamophobic rhetoric is spread.

I think humans are the only stupid form of life on earth. No other living creature does shit like we do. We are the only species that kills for profit, for land and resources, or just out of plain evil. All other species, even the most beastly creatures such as dinosaurs, bears, or big cats only kill for food and all have been able to share the land with each-other. They are smart to know that they need each-other, and a healthy earth to survive. Hell, we humans may be the stupidest forms of life in the whole universe.

I wouldn't say animals " know " that they need each other to survive. They don't know anything, really. All they really have is their instinct to mate and find food. I think it's animals simplicity, not their intelligence, that makes them less destructive than humans.

So...that asshole Australian senator said that attacks like this should be accepted, because "they happen". He was then promptly slapped in the back of the head with a raw egg by a teen (got em)...then he swung on the teen, kicked him, and a group of 5 or 6 full grown men jumped on the teen and put him in a choke (overkill, much?).

I'd like to know what world you live in that makes it acceptable to swing full strength at a kid...or for a group of thugs to think it takes 5 of them to hold him down. It was an egg...your life was not in danger, you miserable scrub.

https://boingboing.net/2019/03/16/racist-australian-senator-egge.html

So...that asshole Australian senator said that attacks like this should be accepted, because "they happen". He was then promptly slapped in the back of the head with a raw egg by a teen (got em)...then he swung on the teen, kicked him, and a group of 5 or 6 full grown men jumped on the teen and put him in a choke (overkill, much?).

I'd like to know what world you live in that makes it acceptable to swing full strength at a kid...or for a group of thugs to think it takes 5 of them to hold him down. It was an egg...your life was not in danger, you miserable scrub.

1000% agree but I already know how this conversation is gonna go.

HE HAS NO RIGHT TO blah blah *censored*ing blah

The kid did nothing wrong, and it's also sad and disgusting that multiple adults ganged up on him and attacked him. He did nothing wrong here anyway, all he did was egg a bigot.

I can't help but feel like the senator is a Trump.

Soon it will be accepted and expected thatcho stupid ass head'll get da yolk when stupid ass sheeit comes out of yo stupid ass face.

Archived