Show Discussion Thread

Muur

Can we do something about this thread? It's been pissing me off for years. The basis of the thread is "Discuss Raw/SD" and whatever and yet it constantly gets news and whatever posted into it and posting news to the WWE section gets "it's been posted in the show thread retard". Right, and then three people see it and move on? There's plenty of news that deserves its own thread and when it gets it people spam and troll it because "show thread lol". Why does everything have to be in one thread? That kills discussion. That thread is to talk about the episodes of WWE, people avoid it for spoilers. Why should news be relegated there?

My proposal is to either rename it to something like "general WWE discussion" because that's what it is or to try and post news outside of it. If it "doesn't deserve its own thread" it can either be locked/merged or no one will reply and it'll be buried. The way thing have been handheld makes the forum seems dead. "Everything into one thread" is a terrible idea.

Muur...simmer down.

Nothing even close to what you described even happened. No one called you a "retard" or even told you that you couldn't post your pointless topic. I just said that the discussion had already happened. It was merely my opinion on the topic being pointless. :lol:

And "news" isn't relegated there; Only shit that doesn't need full topics is. A twitter exchange between Peyton Royce and Dave Meltzer is not "news". Someone dying is news. Someone getting injured is news. Someone being hired or fired is news...so on and so forth.

It's called the Show discussion topic because that's the main function it serves (hosting discussion during the airing of the live shows). But it has long served as an unofficial discussion of all minor WWE related discussions. Don't go getting all upset just because I told you that the Meltzer situation had already been discussed at great length in the Show discussion topic. It was. The discussion happened. It came and went naturally, and people are already onto discussing other WWE related things...just as the discussion in that topic always goes.

That's why I said fo rename it. "Show discussion" isn't an apt name when it's used for stuff other than that.

And your thread isn't frequented by everyone.

Nothing is really posted in its own topic. I get my news from Reddit. Why should I have to view that thread to know what's going on or discuss things?

That's why I said fo rename it. "Show discussion" isn't an apt name when it's used for stuff other than that.

And your thread isn't frequented by everyone.

You really need to learn about the nuances of unspoken format.

Once again...I'll emphasize that it's called the "show discussion" topic because it's the place where people discuss the shows as they happen. But it is also for general discussion BECAUSE...you don't have to worry about spoilers that pertain the to the live shows that have already happened. Raw and SD have already aired? Anything up to that point can be discussed. It's an open discussion that goes from place to place without worrying about accidentally saying one thing or another. You discuss the live shows as you watch them...then you openly discuss WWE as a whole (including anything that happened in the most recent shows). It makes perfect sense to everyone who isn't named Muur.

And when a piece of news important enough to have its own topic comes along...it gets one 99% of the time.

No one needs to change the name of a topic just because you're peeved by semantics.

Archived